When Dreams Aren’t Dreams

Chapter 29

After that encounter in the road they found a motel to stay in. They brought some clothes and other things Lynn thought she could need. It was nighttime now and oddly enough it was raining.

She went out of the bathroom, after a long and warm bath.

“Finally!”Alexius said walking to the bathroom. She’d been an hour there!

She smiled sweetly at him, trying to suppress a chuckle.

He glared at her in a playful way before closing the door.

She went to her bed, the one far away from the door—she wasn’t gonna be the first to be killed if the weird dudes entered the room, not that Alexius could die anyway— and got under the covers. She started to think about their situation. What if the weird dudes get them? What would happen to her? She remembered what Alex told her… he was going to protect her. But then, what was going to happen to him? What if they kill him? It was the first time she thought about that and she didn’t like the nauseous feeling she got. Since she was a kid she learned how to care and defend only her life to survive, but she didn’t like the idea of Alex dying. She only knew the guy for what?… a month? And she already was attracted to him… wait! Why she was suddenly thinking she was attracted to him? She… her eyes widened when she realized she liked him. ‘Oh my gosh! This can’t be happening! I can’t be falling for him! He’s a freaking god, he’s not human!!! And he’s sweet, hot— no!!! But he has a beautiful smile—what am I thinking!!!’

Her thoughts were interrupted when suddenly she heard someone knocking at the door. Her heart skipped a beat, who could possibly be? Making no sound she got out of bed and grabbed a lamp. If it was a weird dude she was going to stick the lamp up his ass to show him they couldn’t mess with her! She walked slowly towards the door. She was going to look through the tiny hole when…

“Lynn! I know you’re there, please open the freaking door I’m getting soaked!!!” Daniel’s voice came from the other side of the door.

She opened the door only to glare at him. He was going to enter the room but stopped when he saw her face ….and the lamp.

“What?”

“You freaking scared me to death!!! I thought you were a stupid weird dude!!!”

He entered the room not giving her his back “and what’s the lamp for?”

She smiled widely at him “I was gonna show him who is boss” she said closing the door.

“What if they were more than two?” He asked her, curiosity written all over his face.

“phss..” she scoffed “Even my grandma can beat their asses… that is, if she was still alive” She sat on the bed in Indian style.

“So what brings you here?” she asked him

“Well, I—” he was cut off by the door of the bathroom opening.

“Took you long enough” Alexius said to his brother coming out of the bathroom wearing only a towel. OMG!! The guy was hotter than a Greek god!! Wet hair, strange blue eyes, sexy smile, nice voice, nice abs. He was worth the drooling, but of course she wasn’t going to let him notice how much she was attracted to him so she kept her cool.

“There’s a storm out there” David answered

“Yeah I know, it’s a bit strange it started suddenly” Alex replied, grabbing some pants and when he was about to put them on—without letting go of the towel of course— Lynn threw him a pillow.

“Don’t you know how to use a bathroom!!?”

“Yeah, I use it to pee” he smirked—he looked like David when he smirked—

“Then learn how to use it to get changed!! Go!!!”

He chuckled as he entered the bathroom and closed the door.

“I see you guys are getting along well” David laughed

She narrowed her eyes at him. He shut up immediately, but still seemed to be suppressing his laugh.

Alex got out of the bathroom—wearing only a pant and an unbuttoned shirt— and sat in the bed, beside her. She felt his chest touch slightly her back for a second. She could feel his warm body next to her… mmm, ok! Focus!!

“I know I told you I couldn’t help you anymore, but I needed to tell you this, I think Father is going to send Zerkhs after you” David said

Lynn felt Alex body go tense.

“What’s or who is Zerkhs?” Lynn asked, looking between the two brothers.

“gods that can change of appearance; they’re like shape shifters” Alex sighed

“Let’s look at the bright side!” His brother beamed “They’re not that powerful”

“Yeah, and I’m losing my powers, oh joy”

“You have me!” Lynn said to Alex.

“Yeah, I can always give you a gun, you’ll kill everyone, then accidentally you’ll kill me then you’ll drop the gun and it will shoot you and at the end we all die” Alex laughed and Lynn could feel the vibrations of his perfect body.

“Hey!” she nudged him and he chuckled.

Suddenly someone knocked at the door. All went silent.

“Who’s that?” Lynn asked in a whisper so low that she thought they wouldn’t hear her.

“I don’t know, do you were expecting company?” Alex asked David in a whisper that she—that was just beside him— barely could hear. David shook his head.

Lynn felt Alex’ hand wrap around her waist and with a swift movement he stood up, pulling her up in the process. Judging by the worried faces of the brothers this was bad.