When Dreams Aren’t Dreams

Chapter 4

She glanced at him; the man was pointing his gun at her. Her life couldn’t end up like this!

She closed her eyes, suddenly she felt arms wrapping around her waist. The man shot, she screamed, but didn’t feel pain. When she opened her eyes she was inside the building and Alexius was closing the window. Seconds later the weird dude reached the closed window and shot, but nothing happened. Apparently those windows were bullet proof, cool! She didn’t know that.
“Thanks” she whispered
“Come on we have to get out of here” he said lending her a gun, but when she was going to take it he jerked the gun away from her, remembering the experience in the alley.
“I think it will be safer if I have the gun” he said
She smiled slightly knowing what he was thinking. He opened the door and motioned for her to go out. Before he could step out from the apartment he glanced back to the man that was still trying to open the window. The man gasped, pain was ripping through his body “What’s happening?” he thought as he glanced towards Alexius. He had his glance fixed on him and it seemed that each time he narrowed his eyes the pain became more intense. He gasped again in pain, it was as if knifes were striking him through all his body and the gashes were being filled with pure alcohol. He began to fall. Alexius went out of the room just when the weird dude landed on some trashcans… and well, died? He fell from an eight story building… who wouldn’t?
“What was that?” Lynn asked hearing the crashing sound
“Let’s just say that he slipped” Alexius smiled slightly “now come on!”

They went running out of the building
“How uncomfortable” Lynn whispered, taking out her car keys from her bra.
“What the— what’s that?”
“My car keys, did you think I was going to run away walking?”
“I know, I know! Where’s your car?” he asked
“In the parking lot? You know I guess it’s there because there’s where y—”
“You know, where exactly it is?” he said peeved
“Just follow me” she smiled, oh man! How mush she liked to tease people.
They entered to another small building of three floors and went up to the second floor
“Here’s my baby” she smiled at the sight of a shiny black Celica
“Give me the keys” he said
“Ah no, this is the only decent thing I have and I will n—”
“Just give me the damn keys!” (*Alexius thinking* okay, she should be desperate… I mean I’m desperate! Those men are following us to KILL US and she’s talking nonsense…sigh…I don’t remember have asking for patience)
“Okay, okay, cool off” she threw him the keys and he cached them in mid air
“Buckle up” he said
“Why?”

“AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!”
The psychopath was driving at almost 100mph in a parking lot. How unfair, he didn’t let her die by a bullet in the brain No! He just wanted her to die by broken bones in a freaking car crash!!!
“Told ya to buckle up” he chuckled when they reached the street.
“You freaking psycho! Slow down!”
“Can’t, they’re following us” he said looking through the rear view mirror
She looked up and saw two cars after them. (One car was black and the other was navy-blue)
“What we’re gonna do?” she asked
“Lose them!” he said as he turned around at fast speed in a corner. She placed her hands tightly around her mouth so she wouldn’t scream.
“Get down!!” he shouted and Lynn caught a note of worry on his voice, as the guys behind them shot.
This time she screamed. She was definitely going to die! She literally crouched in the little space where you place your feet.
“Stay there!” he told her. She nodded. She didn’t know the guy, but he saved her life so she wasn’t going to argue. She couldn’t see what was happening, but there was a lot of gunshots, she suffered when the crystals of her car shattered in pieces and her heart almost popped out every time Alexius turned in a corner “
She didn’t have to look the speedometer to know that they were driving almost at light’s speed. What would happen if he lost control and crash? Oh my gosh!! She decided to let that thoughts aside, if she didn’t she would die first of a heart attack. Then hopefully he would crash the car and nobody would know that she’d die first out of fear.
“So you really don’t know what’s going on?” he asked turning at fast speed in a corner
“I’m not sure… what’s going on?” she asked
“Believe me you don’t want to know” he said as he crashed some signs that said:
DO NOT ENTER, BLOCKED PATH.
“What was that?” she asked when she felt the things crashing against her baby
“We’re in a bridge, stay down!”
I’m pretty sure that you want to know why did the signs said: DO NOT ENTER, BLOCKED PATH… well the bridge was in the side of a mountain, to one side was the ocean and to the other was…well, the mountain?...anyway the top of the mountain collapsed over the bridge because an earth-slide and the path was literally closed
“We have to lose them, and fast” Alexius said and Lynn noticed a note of despair in his voice
“How?” she asked
“The only way is to pretend we’re dead!” he said
“Yeah right! How we will exactly do that if we don’t die in the process!!”
“We have to jump!”