Status: Completed

Best Thing In Town

Joy To The World

When everything came back into view, Audrey was staring up at Tre, who was looking down at her worriedly. "Aud?"

"Wh-what happened?"

"You passed out."

"I did?"

"Yeah." He was holding her as if they had been dancing and he had just dipped her. Helping her back to her feet, he touched her hand affectionately. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just...how long was I out for?"

"Like, a second," he replied. "Did the doctors say blackouts were something common after coming out of a coma?"

"Probably. I dunno," she waved off. "Can you...can you just do me a favor and...uh...not tell Mike about this? The last thing I need is him hovering over me all protective-like."

"Aud--"

"Please? For me."

Tre sighed and shrugged. "Fine. Okay. I won't tell."

"It's not like it's that big of a deal anyway. I've had some champagne, maybe a little anxious about things. It's to be expected, right?"

"I suppose."

"Okay, well...I'm gonna go rejoin the others." She glanced at the clock on the microwave. "The countdown will be starting soon anyway."

"Yeah..."

As they began to walk side by side out of the kitchen, she touched his arm and stopped. "Thanks."

"You're welcome."

* * *

They had the local news channel on TV in the living room for the countdown. Billie Joe was standing up making some joke about getting piss ass drunk and running outside naked banging pots and pans as soon as it was the New Year while Tre announced he'd do it too. Adrienne raised her eyebrow, and then joked about if they ended up doing any funny business together afterward she'd take him for everything he was worth.

In response, Billie Joe literally jumped over the coffee table and tackled Tre to the ground and straddled his friend, leaned down and kissed him right on the lips.

Everyone began to roar with laughter, expecially Billie Joe who fell off Tre, holding his sides and laughing like a drunken loon. Which he pretty much was. Tre replied, asking why he stopped, which made everyone laugh the more.

When the countdown interrupted their laughter, they all scurried to huddle around the television, everyone side by side with their guests or lovers. Mike was sitting on the edge of the couch with Audrey sitting in front of him, between his legs, and leaning back against his chest. He was resting one hand on her thigh while holding his champagne glass in the other hand.

"10...9...8...7...6..." the began to chant in unison. "5...4...3...2...1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!"

"Happy FUCKING New Year!" Billie Joe shouted above the others' voices.

"Happy 2007," Mike whispered huskily into Audrey's ear as he leaned forward, pressing his warm lips against the skin of her neck.

"Mmm...Happy New Year to you, too," she cooed.

Unfortunately their intimate moment was lost when everyone busted out in laughter and a blur of flesh ran by. Both Mike and Audrey lifted their heads to find Billie had dropped his pants and taken off his shirt and was now streaking across the living room, bolting for the front door.

"Billie!" Adrienne squealed in laughter.

"Wait for me, my homosexual lover!" Tre called out as he too dropped his drawers.

"Oh my God, I didn't think they were serious!" Audrey exclaimed as a naked Tre ran out the front door.

Everyone got up and went to the front windows and the front door, some stepping outside to watch as the two naked men frolicked on the front lawn, doing cartwheels, headstands, summersaults, jumping jacks and just plan ran about, shouting 'Happy Fucking New Year Oakland' at the top of their lungs.

Mike laughed and shook his head, downing the rest of his champagne when Audrey turned to him. "Aren't you gonna join your best friends?" she inquired coyly.

"Nah. If anyone's gonna see me naked it's gonna be you."

Audrey raised an eyebrow and gave her husband a devilish grin. "That a promise or a proposition?"

"Both."

"Good." Without a warning, Audrey grabbed Mike by the collar of his shirt and began to drag him toward the stairs.

"Where we going?" he asked, following her without question.

"To find an empty bedroom."

Wiggling his eyebrows happily, Mike pinched both her ass cheeks with his fingers and she squealed as she ran up the stairs and he chased after her. They fumbled through the darkened upstairs hallway and pushed open the door for the extra bedroom, slamming it behind them. Mike instantly picked Audrey up and carried her over to the bed, dropping her down gently and climbing up over her.

Anomalistically, the wedded couple went at it like a pair of rabbits, making each other feel things that they were sure should be very, very illegal in every country. It was just wonderful to be together in such a personal and intimate way after the ordeal they'd been through. It was reassuring, that they were still with each other, safe in each other's arms.

After rolling around on the bed and going at it, a few times, both reached their final climaxes and collapsed into one another, completely satiated and contented with each other.

"You're the best thing in town, babe. Top notch, grade A, American ass," he teased, pressing his face into the concave of her shoulder and neck, kissing her perspiring skin.

"Likewise," she commented with a lazy smile. "The best of the best," she added with a giggle.

"The bestest?"

"The bestiest best."

The two of them laughed and snuggled against each other, just kissing and enjoying the wonderful start of the new year.