***s and Temptations Just Bring Us All Closer

Chapter One

I stood out front on a bright summer day. Everything was peaceful. It was like.. there was no harm in the world... no crime.. everything was perfect. I still don't understand what that man said, "Adie... you're going to regret doing that. You think it's over only because I'm dead now? Not quite..... it's just the beginning." What could that mean? It's been almost a year that his death has been known. I've had a few nightmares but those have actually faded away. Not all the way but pretty close. I was really enjoying life again.

"Babe," Billie said from behind me, standing at the doorway with Joey and Jakob on both sides. I turn around and walk up to them. I give Billie a kiss on the lips and kiss my boys heads. I look back out towards that street and the park across, the trees blowing with leaves flying through the air. It's perfect but why did I then get a feeling that nothing was going to stay the way I planned it or even the way it looked? I walked inside and sat on the couch being quiet the entire time like I had just been caught.

I have a my boys.
I have Billie.
I no longer have to worry about Randal.
I have a great life.
I didn't loose anyone I love.


So why am I not feeling like how I should?
This haunts me everyday. I haven't forgotten what Randal had put me through but I have my family and I'm safe. I thought I would feel like it's over if he was dead. Well he is now... so why do I still feel this way? Was he right? Was it still just the beginning? But how could it be. Oh well, I decided not to worry about all of this now. It's a great day and I have a lovely family.

"Mom, Joey's picking on meee," Ok, well until now that is.

"Joey leave your brother alone."

"But-"

"No buts," after that Billie walked in holding his car keys in his hand swinging them like he thinks he's all cool.

"Babe, even though you have girls all of the world wanting to be with you, swinging your keys doesn't make you cool," I paused and had a slight grin on my face. I looked over to my distraught husband.

"Excuse me?" He said in a girly voice, "as far as I'm concerned there are girls who are head over heels in love with me, they would think this is sooo cool." He huffs and rolls his eyes landing his hands on his waist. I started busting out laughing.

"Anyways wanna have a movie night with the kids?"

"Sure why not." I got up and went to go to the care waiting for Billie and the kids to come out. Once we were all buckled we head to the movie store to search through billions of movies and candies. I was looking in the little kids section with Jakob attached to my side.

"Hey.. didn't you go to Randal's funeral?" nice question huh? Even hearing his name I still get chills down my spine. I look over and realize a nice, tall, dark haired man. He looked familiar. He had on a blue plain shirt with blue jeans. He had amazing sparkling grey eyes and was grinning like he had just won an award.

"Umm... yes. Not to sound rude, but who are you?"

"I'm Chris. I was there and noticed your beautiful face."

"Again, not to be rude. I've already been through some tough shit with guys saying stuff like that so I suggest you walk away and leave me alone."

"Oh, no. Don't take this like I'm gonna rape you or anything. I just wanted to say hello. I never had the chance to at the funeral."

"Um... ok then." I turned my attention back to the shelf and grabbed a movie that I thought the kids would like. I turned to my left trying to exit the isle when I almost ran head to head with him.

"Excuse me Chris but I need to find my husband."

"Come on, at least let me have your number so we can plan something and if afterwords you never want to see me again so be it," he smiled and I just rolled my eyes.

"I don't give my number out to people I don't know."

"Fine, here's my number then," he gave me a piece a paper and then walked away. I went looking for my husband and went home. After watching about 3 movies we all went to bed. I laid there away thinking about him. How come I didn't recognize him let alone remember him from the funeral? This was all just to weird. I held the piece of paper in front of my face in the dark room. Should I call him? Eh, why not.

I felt an arm lay over my waist and saw a sleepy Billie look at me. We both fell asleep wondering what the future held for us, me falling asleep also wanting to know who this Chris guy really was.

The next morning I gave Chris a call and set plans up this weekend on Saturday. We decided that going to a bar would be fine. I told him though he could bring anyone and I was bringing my husband along with his friend. For the rest of the day I was cleaning, writing (my new hobbie for getting feelings out), and helping Billie and the kids.

Saturday came to fast and I was getting ready to go for a night with Billie. Tonight when we got in the car it reminded me of when I ran into Randal. maybe that's why I'm nervous? Walking inside I could smell the stench of beer and some major smoking. I finally found Chris already at the bar with 4 drinks near him. Me, Billie, and Mike walked over all sitting down chatting for about an hour. Billie and Mike left to go to the bathroom.

"So..." I trailed off looking down at my feet.

"Birds," Chris said.

"What?"

"Just trying to break the tension," wow, did he have a great smile. Wait what am I saying? That night went by slow and fast. We went home and went to bed a little bit tipsy.

I woke up the next morning to a phone call.

"Hey Adrienne?"

"Yea, who is this?"

"Chris."

"Wait when did I give you my number?"

"Last night," shit I guess I was drunk.

"Oh, so what's up?" I asked still laying in bed with my eyes shut. I felt Billie tug me letting me know he was awake.

"Do you... um.... want to go out for like lunch or something?"

"Sure. When?"

"Today around 2?"

"Ok. Sounds good."

"Adrienne?"

"Yes."

"I need to ask you something, it's important. I'll ask you at lunch but I have to go, bye." I head the constant noise indicating that he hung up. Later on I was already waiting for him for lunch and some little restaurant. Five minutes later he showed up and sat down. We ordered food and started talking.

"So what's the question?"

"Um.. I'm just wondering. Why were you at Randal's funeral? I mean, I was close with him and as far as I remember he never mentioned you."

Great Adrienne what are you going to say to that?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, this is the sequel to The Night I Shouldn't Have Gone Out.
This is only the first chapter. I know it may suck but this is just to start it out.
I promise it will get better. Just to get to the good stuff I had to start like this. So please read it and give it a chance.
Comments please, good or bad. I can take it I just need you to be honest.
Also if you have any ideas let me know in a message.
Again please give it a chance and leave comments. The more I get the more I'll be convinced to keep going.
Can't wait to hear your thoughts.