Get Your Gun and Meet Me by the Door

Married

"By the powers invested in me by the state of Nevada, I now pronounce you husband and wife," the man said. "You may kiss the bride."

I wrapped my arms tightly around Frank as he kissed me. He took a hold of my hand and we left the 'chapel'. We may have been married by an Elvis look-a-like, but it was still romantic.

"I would love nothing more," I started, as we made our way to our car, "to just stay and celebrate the fact that we're now married, but we have to get going."

"I know," Frank said. "Besides, there will be plenty of time to celebrate."

We got into the car and started away from Las Vegas. We drove all night and when it was morning we found another motel, and checked in. Frank followed me to our room and before I could unlock the door, Frank took the key from my hand and picked me up, bridal style. I smiled up at him sleepily, as he unlocked the door and carried me inside the room. He layed me down on the bed and carefully took off my shoes before pulling my jeans off. He pulled the blanket over me and then took off his pants and shirt so that he was left only in his boxers before climbing in the bed next to me and pulling me close to him.

"Good night, Mrs. Iero," Frank said.

"Night, Mr. Iero," I said, before drifting into a pleasant sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------

When I woke up, it was night. Frank was stil asleep, his arms wrapped loosely around me. I couldn't believe I was married. I smiled. I wish my mom was here to see this. I stared at Frank. He had killed my mother. My husband killed my mother. I quietly slipped out of the bed and went to the bathroom. I sat on the edge of the tub and placed my face in my hands. I thought I'd gotten over it. But the truth was, I only made myself forget about what had happened. I let the tears come, and before I knew it, I was sobbing. I didn't care about being quiet. I heard the bathroom door open, but I didn't stop crying.

"Hey," Frank said. He pulled my hands gently away from my face and I saw that he was kneeling in front of me, looking at me sadly. "What's wrong?"

I just shook my head. I loved Frank so much. I wrapped my arms around Frank tightly and buried my head in his bare shoulder.

"I'm sorry," I cried.

"Shh," said Frank, rubbing my back gently. "What are you sorry for?"

"I love you so much, Frank," I sobbed. "I don't want to think about it."

"It's ok," Frank said.

"It's not," I said. "I'm trying to forget about what you did."

Frank pulled away from me and looked at me.

"I understand it's hard," Frank said. "Dammit. Why did I have to do this to you."

Frank got up and left the bathroom, and I continued to cry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, it's kind of short. I'll most likely update again later ; )
~Sally