Loser, Whatever!

Truth

A week and three games later, I sat at home with my notebook on my lap and my pencil poised in my left hand.

'"Where are we?" Fran asked the strange boy. She looked around. The place was as strange as the boy, a huge open space with lush green meadows and a soft white fog covered the ground, it had the same effect as dry ice. There were small hills few and far between the field, trees everywhere, though none were recognizable to Fran. The sky was a beautiful shade if periwinkle without a cloud in sight.

"Some might call it The Space Between." He supplied.

"I don't understand. The Space Between what?"

"Heaven and Earth and Hell." He explained.

"I thought Earth was the place between Heaven and Hell." Fran looked around curiously. Surprisingly, the boy's answers did not move her in any way. She just felt so unnaturally happy in this place, despite the fact that her parents and brother had just died.

The boy chuckled. Fran turned to face him.

"What?"

"It's just how uneducated you people are on Earth." He replied.

"I am not uneducated!" Fran protested, but she found that she could not stay mad at this boy in the weird place, "I know lots of stuff like Math and Science and English!"

"I'm sure you're very educated in that department. But I was talking about other things. Things that your people probably don't even fully understand." He elaborated.

"What kinds of things?"

"Things like The Space Between and what really happens to your missing sock."

"What do missing socks have to do with anything?" Fran giggled.

"Have you ever wondered what happened when you can only find one sock in your drawer?" He was serious.

"Well, to be honest, no. I never really had the time to wonder about stuff like that." Fran explained.

"That's precisely the problem with people today!" He exclaimed. Fran was taken aback.

"So, how does this relate to socks?" She repeated.

"It's the simple mysteries in life that people ignore that messes up their view on Life and Life after Death." He never really answered the question.

"Then what are you if you're not a person?" Fran inquired.

"Me? I'm the Keeper of The Space Between." he answered.

"Do you have a name?"

"Destry." He answered,

"That's a nice name." She commented.'

Satisfied with my progress for the day, I signed on to MSN, hoping you-know-who was on line.

Oliver says:
Hey, beautiful.

My heart lept.

Bridgette says:
Hey! What's up?

Oliver says:
Nothing really, just bored.

Bridgette says:
Can I ask you something?

Oliver says:
Sure.

Bridgette says:
Why do you talk to me? You must have millions of other people on your MSN list that want to talk to you and are probably more interesting than me.

Oliver says:
You are interesting.

Bridgette says:
You know what I mean.

Oliver says:
No, I don't actually. Please elaborate.

Bridgette says:
You're a world famous Quidditch player! There are so many people that want to talk to you, yet you talk to me with out me even asking.

Oliver says:
Is it okay that I talk to you?

Bridgette says:
Of course.

Oliver says:
Well, you're different from everyone else. I like to talk to you. We talk about stuff other than Quidditch and, I quote, 'How hot I am.'

Bridgette says:
lol

Oliver says:
Do you think I'm hot?

Bridgette says:
I think there would be very few girls that would argue the fact that you are hot.

Oliver says:
You didn't answer the question

I felt my cheeks go scarlet, good thing he wasn't actually here!

Bridgette says:
Yeah.

Oliver says:
Bridgette, will you go out with me?