Loser, Whatever!

Climax

"You can stay here until Oliver gets home if you like, Bridgette. I'm sure he won't mind." Margot suggested as we entered Oliver's house.

"Actually, I'd like to get back to my house right now." I answered.

"Suit yourself." Margot smiled, "Just let me know when the dress is ready."

"I will." I promised. With that, Margot headed for the kitchen to prepare Oliver's supper. With a swelling in my chest, I realized that it would be me in that position in about three months. I smiled to myself as I headed outside and apparated.

Once I got home, I unlocked the door and headed for a couch, which I slimped on and sighed. Oliver couldn't be done practice already. I grinned as I realized that it had taken me less time to select a wedding dress than for Oliver to have a Quidditch practice.

I let my eyes wander around the room for something to kill time while I waited. Oliver had promised that he would stop by after his practice. Part of me wished I had decided to stay with Margot, but if I did, it would make me feel like the controlling girlfriend who had basically taken over his house before they were married.

My eyes fell upon my notebook which lay on the coffee table. I smiled, picked it up and continued the story.

'After about fifteen minutes of heading north, the amore allineare began to strengthen. As much as Destry and Fran hated it, they turned towards the south and continued on.

The travelled for about an hour before Fran spoke her mind.

"Whta do you think it'll be like? Going back to Earth?" She asked. Destry was thoughtful for a moment before he replied.

"I don't really know. I guess it'll be painful." He answered.

"Painful? It wasn't painful when I turned into a vampire." Fran pointed out.

"But that's different. All that had to happen was to stop your heart from beating and the blood in your body to disappear. To turn back into a human, your heart will have to beat again and pump blood thoughout your body again." He explained.

"Oh." Fran was thoughtful for another half hour before she spoke up again. "How much time have we spent here?"

"Well that depends on how you look at it. Space Between years or Earth years?" He asked.

"Years? I thought maybe a few months, but years?" Fran was incredulous.

"It only has been abour four months here. But one Space Between month is about the same as one Earth year." He elaborated.

"Four years?" Fran exclaimed. "Does that mean that I'm now actually twenty-one?"

"You will be once you get back to Earth. But you won't look like you're twenty-one. You've been frozen at seventeen during your stay here. I imagine you'll still look seventeen once you get back. I'm only guessing, of course." He mused.

"Wow." Fran was on awe. The amore allineare had faded into almost nothing. They had to be close. "Do what are we looking for?"

"I really have no idea, just keep looking around, we should eb close, if you're hypothesis about the amore allineare is correct." Destry replied.

They were slient for another ten minutes as the ran through the grass.

"Could that be it?" Fran asked nervously as she pointed to a black haze to their left.

"I'm not sure." Destry answered. The slowed down and approached the small black cloud on the ground. It was a strange sight. They looked at each other.

Destry took Fran's hand and held it tight as the stepped into the cloud. Fran was struck with a sudden blindness and she screamed. Destry squeezed her hand, but his touch felt farther and farther away. There was a loud thumping noise as both of their hearts started beating loudly, loud enough to make up for the time they hadn't spent beating. Fran couldn't feel Destry anymore, but discovered that he was right. This was painful. Her heart felt as if it was about to beat itself out of her chest.

She felt her mind slipping away into unconsciousness, then it all went black.'

Wow. I couldn't believe I just wrote that.

I exhaled and set the book down. I looked at the clock. 6:30. Hmm, was Oliver back at his house enjoying his mother's cooking? Was practice een over?

Life seemes way too tame after what I had just written. But then I decided that it was good life wasn't as intense as I had written.

There was a knock at the door. My heart lept. Could this be him? I got up and opened the door. Sure enough, it was.

"Hey, love! How are you holding up?" He asked as he pulled me into his arms.

"Not too badly. Wow. We spent the last three days together and it feels like forever since I've seen you." I said as I rested my head into his chest. I could hear his heart beating. "Eww. You reek." I srunched up my nose and backed away from him. He laughed.

"I came over as soon as practice was over. Feel like having another sleep-over?"

"Not if you're all stinky. Besides, your mother was making you supper when I left." I replied.

"Oh, well I'm sure you could join us if you wanted." Oliver assured me.

"I think I will, provided you're showered." I agreed with a grin.

"Hey! Have you been adding to your story?" He pointed to the notebook on the coffee table.

"Yeah, do you want to read it?" I asked.

"Of course!" he headed to the livingroom, but I stopped him.

"We'll take it to your house and you can read it when you've cleaned up." I promised. I didn't want my notebook permenantly stinky because of him.

"Deal." He smiled and took my hand as we apparated to his house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?