Loser, Whatever!

Game One

It was hot when I woke up. My skin was practically glued to Oliver's and I had to literally peel myself off him. Luckily, he didn't wake up and I managed to relocate my bra and t-shirt.

While I was pulling my shirt on, I felt a hand wrap itself around my waist. I turned to face Oliver.

"Good morning." He smiled and pulled me close to kiss me.

"What are we going to do?" I asked when we broke apart.

"About what?" He asked and pulled me close to him.

"We can't go for very long without seeing each other. We're already practically living together." I elaborated. He laughed.

"I guess you'll just have to love me." He answered and kissed me again. I smiled through the kiss.

"I should make you some edible breakfast." I said when we finished. He smiled, then got off the couch and followed me.

"I have a game today." He told me.

"Really? What time?" I asked. He never mentioned this before.

"11:30. Against China. But in England." He explained. I looked at the clock. It was already 10:30!

"We should get going! Shouldn't you already be there for practice?" I was freaking out.

"Probably." He laughed. I quickly threw some bread in the toaster and made sure it was at the right setting.

"You should get dressed!" I ran around the kitchen, trying to find plates and glasses. I poured some orange juice.

"It's not like we have a chance at winning anyway. Jered's substitute isn't nearly as good as Jered. Why did he have to get married last week?" He mumbled to himself.

"See? That's why I don't want to get married until after the World Cup." I explained. He laughed.

"I see your point." He agreed.

"I'm going to go home to get dressed. I think you can take it from here. Well, of course you can! You managed before I came. I'll met you after the game." I said. I kissed him once again, then disapparated.

I got home and put a black skirt on with a wool short-sleeved shirt and a silk vest on overtop of that. I knew I would get hot in the sun, but I really didn't want to stand out, like I would if I wore colours. I grabbed my sunglasses and black messenger bag then disapparated to a place just south of the English stadium. I could use a bit of fresh air.

I inhaled the cool morning air. It felt good on my lungs. It gave me time to think about the past few days.

Like why was Oliver so hung up on the idea of sleeping together? We had only been engaged for a week! I knew he wanted it bad, considering he went to the extremes of getting wine last night. Don't get me wrong! I wanted it too. But I was just trying to be responsible. I don't think I could resist if he tried again.

It brought back painful memories of two summers ago when my father split us up. I knew they wouldn't go away until Oliver and I were married and there was nothing my father could do about it.

Should Oliver and I talk about it? I mean, we already had, but he didn't seem to get it. Maybe it was the fact that we were spending practically all of our time together. It felt like we were living together. I should probably spend less time at his house. But then he would probably come over to mine.

Should we get married sooner than planned? No. We decided that earlier this morning. Quidditch interferred too much. Jered and Janna were proof of that.

I saw the stadium looming up in front of me after about fifteen minutes of walking. I thought I could hear the whooshing of fourteen players on brooms. My heart soared. Oliver was right there.

I couldn't live without him. I had tried, and I found myself unhappy, though I didn't realize it until Oliver was back. I picked up my pace and within minutes, I was in the stands. There were many people there already. The game started in fifteen minutes. I got to the ticket counter.

"Oliver Wood has a ticket for me." I told the wizard behind the glass.

"Name?" He answered mundanely.

"Bridgette Eisenberg." I answered. He handed me a piece of paper.

"It's as high as you can go in the left." He informed me.

"Thank you." I called as I headed up the stairs.

The players were indeed warming up on the pitch. I caught a glimpse of Oliver in front of the hoops. I smiled and took my seat at the top of the stands.

I placed my head in my hands and gazed at his muscular figure. There were many balls in the hair as the three Chasers all aimed at him. I caught him looking at me, I waved. He waved back and didn't see a Quaffle zooming right towards him.

WHAM!

The noise resonated around the pitch. It was quiet as Oliver fell off his broom and landed in the sand below, despite the efforts of his teammates to catch him. Then I screamed.

The stadium was buzzing as I ran down the stairs as fast as I could, trying my hardest not to trip. Curse the ridiculously good seat Oliver had managed to get me! I threw myself onto the pitch and ran as fast as I could towards Oliver's limp figure. Which wasn't very fast.

The Healers got to him before I did, but I eventually made it, tears falling down my face.

"Oliver! Oliver!" I screamed, trying to force a response out of him. I should know that unconscious people can't respond. I was training to be a Healer!

I skidded to a stop as I reached him and kneeled on the ground at his head. I placed his head in my lap and strocked his hair as the Healer's examined him. The Quaffle had hit his head and it was already swelling.

"Enervate." A Healer pointed his wand to Oliver's head. Mercifully, his eyelids fluttered open.

"Bridgette?" He murmured. Thank God he recognized who I was! My tears were dripping off my nose and I tried to wipe them away.

"Oliver!" I whispered and kissed his forhead, careful of the swelling. "Don't worry, it's going to be okay!"

"What happened?" He asked and tried to sit up. The Healers forced him down again and conhured a stretcher underneath him.

"Is he going to be okay?" I asked, very near hysterics.

"He'll be fine, we just need to get him out of here." The one closest to me replied. He had a wedding band on his finger, so I knew he understood.

"What happened?" Oliver repeated as they levitated him and carried him out of the stadium.

"You took a Quaffle to the head, but you're going to be okay!" I assured him. I kissed his forehead again and took his hand in mine as I followed the Healers.

"We need to get him to St Mungo's." A Healer stated. I nodded, ready to go wherever Oliver was going.

"I'm coming." I replied.

"I'm sorry, you won't be able to stay with him while they examine him closer, but you're welcome to wait in the waiting room." The same Healer answered kindly.

I couldn't bear the thought of being separated fomr Oliver. It was strange that earlier on I had thought that we needed to spend less time together. But I nodded again as fresh tears fell down my face.

"Good girl." I hated it when people called me that. We apparated to the hospital.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?