My Heart Is the Worst Kind of Weapon

02.

A woman with bleach blonde hair past her shoulders came inside of the house, carrying was looked to be a tiny girl of no more than three of four years old on her hip. Her eyes were bright blue and he skin was pale. Her lips were covered in a red lipstick. "Tara, Lea, I'm home!" She called when she closed the door to the house. From the living room you could see what she was doing. She walked into the kitchen with the small girl still on her hip.

"Auntie Nicky's playing hide and go seek with you!" The small girl giggled.

"Yeah, babe. You want to go into the living room and see if Lea's there?" The small girl was put down and ran into the living room, and looked wide-eyed at the four boys, and then turned to Lea.

"Lea, who are they?" She asked quietly.

"They're here to see Aunt Rory, why don't you get her?" The small girl nodded, looked one last time at the boys and wnt into the kitchen and tugged on the woman's skirt. When the woman turned to look at the child she bent down and the girl whispered something in her ear. Her eyes finally made contact with the boys who sat on the couch and she frowned. She picked the small girl up and held her on her stomach and walked into the living room.

"Hello. I'm Rory." She went to shake Joe's hand, but he didn't lift his to meet hers. "Is there something wrong? Something I could help you with?" She asked.

"Actually, Rory, you can cut the crap now." Rory's eyes widened and she turned to Lea.

"Lea, take Faye upstairs and don't come back down until I come and get you. Play some music for her." Lea nodded and took Faye from Rory, rushing up the stairs.

"Now, what is it that I could help you with?" She asked again, politely.

"Well, an explanation would be nice." Patrick said.

"An explanation about what?"

"Why the hell you left four years ago." Joe snarled.

"Excuse me, but you're in my house right now, and I have no idea what you're talking about or why you're being so rude."

"Look, Rory, we know its you. We know you remember us. We know what you did. We just want to be your friend again. We've been looking for you for four years, and that's not very fair. When we find you you're a totally different person. Just, explain some of it to us, please!" Patrick begged. Rory sighed.

"Where do I start?" She asked herself. "I'll explain what I'm doing here first, it's kind of obvious why I left..."

"Okay then."

"Well, when I left I came here to meet up with Nicky, who I had been talking to for a week before I left. Lea was 12 at the time. I moved in here with her, and I've been here ever since. I work as a therapist. Anything else you'd like to know?" She smiled slightly.

"Who's kid was that?" Andy asked.

"Mine. Her name is Faye and she's three." The boy's eyes widened.

"Are you married?" He asked incredulously.

"No. I've only been with three guys in my entire life and two of them were one night stands." She didn't look exacly at Pete, but he knew she was talking about him.

"Do you even know who the father is?" She nodded.

"I do, he doesn't. He doesn't deserve to know."

"Why is your last name changed?"

"The phone book messed it up; it's still Stump. But whenever people call and ask for Rory Monroe I have to say its me; there's no other." Rory stood in silence for a few minutes. "Are there going to be any more interrogations, or can I bring my daughter and Lea back down?"

"Sure, go ahead. We want more out of you later though." They warned. She went over to the bottom of the stairs.

"Lea, Faye, come back down now!" The to girls came rushing back down the stairs.

"Faye, I'd like you meet Patrick, Andy, Pete and Joe." Rory pointed out each of them in turn for her daughter, who went rushing over to each of them to hug them.

"D'you guys wanna go in my backyard?" The three year old asked quietly. They laughed and nodded, standing up.

"She likes them already." Rory muttered, just loud enough for Patrick to hear. She walked in back of everyone, glancing at her daughter as she held Pete and Joe's hand as she led them through the house and into the spacious backyard.

Rory sat beside Lea, and they watched as the four boys ran after Faye, who giggled uncontrollably whenever someone tagged her and she was able to tag them back. "You never told me you knew famous people." Lea said.

"I never knew they would come back for me." Rory replied.

"Well, how do you know them?"

"Well, my last name is Stump. I went on tour with the band for a couple of months before I got pregnant with Faye. I was going through all of that jazz I told you about."

"Yeah, but, why did you just break it off with them?" Rory brang her feet onto the chair and rested her coffee mug on her knees.

"Because, Lea, I would have had to have gone through with an abortion; Patrick was already just starting off his career and if he would have had to be looking after me all the time I wouldn't be anything I' am today."
♠ ♠ ♠
like it ?
comment .
: )