Status: HIATUS!! Thinking about re-writing this story.

Save Me

Notes In Science

{Matt}

You cannot imagine how happy I was to see Rainy walk through the door of first period. I was glad she was in school today. Well I was happy till she sat down. I noticed she sat down slowly and I looked at her and saw her lip was busted. Did her uncle do that? I looked at her fully and she looked back. Her eyes seemed to be reaching out to me. Like she wanted me to help her.

“Hey Matt.” I looked up and saw Liz sitting at her desk. What the fuck? Why is she always interrupting me when I’m trying to get Rainy to acknowledge me? Is that right? I can’t say I’m trying to get her to talk to me as she doesn’t talk. I saw Rainy pull a notebook out of her bag and open it, waiting for the teacher to start teaching. Damn Liz.

“Were you able to get out of helping your parents this weekend?” she asked.

“No. I’m sorry.” I lied. She doesn’t need to know that I never needed to help my folks.

“Oh that’s alright. Maybe we can go out next weekend.” she said and I shrugged . Not likely. The teacher then started class and Liz turned in her seat. I looked over at Rainy and she had her head down while she wrote. I looked at her notebook and a thought hit me. I got one of mine out and started writing.

Hey are you okay?

That’s what I wrote, and then I folded it up and threw it on Rainy’s desk. I watched her open it and read it. Then she looked at me and I pleaded with my eyes for her to answer. She sighed but started writing a reply anyway.

I’m fine. Why?

She threw the note back. I read what she wrote. Man she has great handwriting. Okay focus Matt.

Cause when you sat down you did it slowly like your ribs hurt or something. And plus your lip is busted.

I tossed the note back. She read it and answered.

Yeah well. Shit happens. Why do you give a fuck anyway?

I read what she wrote. Why do I care? I have absolutely no clue.

Honestly? I have no idea. But I do. I want to help you.

She opened the note and when she read it she shot me a look.

Well don’t. I don’t need your help. Just leave me alone.

She threw the note back to me and turned in her seat so she was facing the window. I read what she wrote and knew this ‘conversation’ was over. For some reason I don’t believe she doesn’t need help. She’s probably afraid to ask for it. Maybe she’ll get hurt if she asks for help. I don’t know, but what I do know is that I’m gonna help her if I can. As I put the note in my pocket, I noticed Liz would turn around and give Rainy dirty looks. What the fuck is up with her?

Class went by slowly and when the bell rang I stayed in my seat so I could watch as Rainy got up. Yep her ribs are hurting. I saw her wince slightly as she rose from her seat. I watched as she carefully walked out of the room trying to avoid getting bumped.

I got up and went to the door with Liz following behind me talking about something. I wasn’t listening, instead I was thinking about Rainy and how I can help her. I heard Liz huff and stomp away obviously pissed I wasn’t listening. I just shrugged. Who cares if she’s pissed at me anyway? Certainly not me. I walked into Math class and saw Rainy in her seat already. Brian and Zack weren’t there yet. Maybe they didn’t come today. Nope they did. They just walked through the door.

As they walked to their seats I looked up at Brian and saw his lip was busted also and he had a cut above his eye. I saw him and Zack both throw me a look. I kept facing forward as Brian asked Rainy if she was all right and if her ribs were okay. We still had a couple minutes before class started and I was just looking around the room. I heard Brian and Zack talking about practice. What kind of practice? They didn’t seem the type to play on any sports team. They started talking about riffs and I realized they were talking about music. Were they in a band?

The teacher came in and started class. Math was boring. We were learning about something that I had no clue about. Let me ask this: When the hell are we going to use geometry in real life? I mean seriously, come on who needs to know this stuff besides Mathematicians and Math teachers? I know I’ll never use this stuff. I just tuned Mr. Juniper out.

For the rest of the day I kept a close eye on Rainy. I wanted to make sure she was doing okay. Every time I set eyes on her I felt myself falling for her. I didn’t want this to happen. I don’t know why though, but I couldn’t fall for her. I guess because of my parents. They want me to be with someone like the popular girl, or a cheerleader, or a prep. That’s how my mom was in school and both my folks think that that is who I should end up with. They would never approve of Rainy.

At lunch I told Liz I was going to the library to study. She wanted to come but I said I like to study alone. I did go to the library but not to study. I just wanted to sit down and think. I started thinking about what I want with life. Every thought I had, Rainy was somehow in them. How can one girl, someone I don’t even really know, be on my mind like Rainy is?

After lunch I went to the rest of my classes. Nothing much happened in them. The teachers taught us and we pretended to learn. After school I was walking towards my car when I saw Rainy, Jimmy and Brian walking towards what I guess was Jimmy’s car. The three of them got in and drove off. After watching them leave I climbed into my car and headed home.

It was a nice hot day today so when I got home I decided to go for a swim. I went up to my room and changed into my swim trunks and grabbed a towel from my bathroom. As I headed outside I grabbed the radio in the kitchen and turned it on. Since no one was home I turned to the rock station and The Misfits were playing. I put my towel on one of the deck chairs and walked over to the pool. Jumping in I swam to the other side under water. When I surfaced I laid out on my back and just floated.

As I floated I remembered I was going to try to find Zack’s and Johnny’s houses this week end. I figure I'll do it tomorrow, as I couldn’t wait till Sunday to do it. I hope I find them and that I get to see Rainy. I spent maybe an hour in the pool before getting out and heading into the house to take a shower. Shortly after my shower my folks came home and we had dinner.

“What are your plans for this weekend?” my mom asked me as we ate.

“I’m gonna go check out the town tomorrow.” I told her.

“Oh that’s nice. Your father and I are going up to L.A. tomorrow morning and returning Tuesday night.”

“Okay.”

Dinner went on in silence. When I was finished I went up to my room and went on my computer. I logged onto my e-mail to see if I had any. I got a few messages from some ‘friends’ from Chicago. After replying to them I logged off and opened up my lyrics file, deciding to try and finish one of my songs.

After two hours I managed to finish three songs and now I'm tired so I decided to hit the hay. Stripping to my boxers andurning off the light, I got into bed. I couldn’t wait for tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait but this one I couldn't seem to get right.

I don't particularly like this chapter.

Let me know your thoughts on it.