The Jetset Life Is Gonna Kill You

Twelve

Helena

I breathed in deeply as I stood in front of the mirror. This was the first time in a long time I was going out on a date, with someone other than Gerard. I was scared that I didn’t know what to say or what to do on dates anymore. I felt my arms shaking and I could feel the hair on the back of my neck stand straight up. I bite my lip as I flattened out my shirt and tugged on my skirt, thinking it was a little too short, but it was mid thigh. I tucked the hair behind my ears and just kept looking over myself. Would Robbie find me pretty?

“Knock, Knock,” I heard Holly behind me. I looked at her in the reflection of the mirror and smiled slowly as she rested against the doorframe. She had her arms across her stomach as she was looking me up and down, like a mother would do when she knew her daughter was going on a date with a boy. She sighs and walked into the room further. I could tell she wanted to say something, but I could also see it in her eyes that she didn’t want to say anything, “Well don’t you look all pretty and stuff.”

“Do you think? I am so nervous about this date,” I said and you could hear the nervousness in my voice.

“You’ll be fine,” she said and walked over to the bed. She sat down and stared at the floor, “I wanted tell you something so badly Holly, but I have no idea how you will take it. But either way I am telling you,” she said slowly and looked up at me. I looked into the mirror and gave her a weird face before I turned around. She stood back up and took a deep breath, “I think you getting into a relationship with Robbie is a horrible idea. I mean you and Gerard just broke up, and hell, I know you still love him-“

“I don’t love him Holly. I don’t even care about him!” I told her strongly and she only sighed.
“You have no idea what you had Helena. You don’t know how much I looked to your relationship with Gerard for help with mine. There were a few rocky times with Frankie and I, but I saw you guys and knew we would work things out. How can you just throw that away Helena?”

“Why are you on his side Holly? After what he did to me?” I started to get upset and angry.
“Because I believe what I hear Helena, and he is changing for you. To prove to you that he is going to be a different man and you aren’t giving him a second chance! I think it’s ridiculous that you are even considering going on a date with this guy. You don’t know him,” she said starting to raise her voice. I looked at her shocked and just shook my head.

“A second chance? Holly you don’t even know how many chances I gave Gerard! We are done, so let it go. I am not going back to him and that’s the end of it!” I yelled at her and grabbed my purse. I threw on my hoodie and walked out of the room. I was so furious that Gerard could turn my best friend against me, without him even trying. I ran towards the front door, passing a confused Frankie and outside where Robbie had just pulled up. I smiled at the escape of the terrible evening and took off running. He got out of his car and smiled as I jumped into his arms.

“Well hello to you too,” he laughed as he put me back onto the ground. I smiled up at him and then back towards the house.

“Hey, lets say we get out of here okay?” I asked him and he nodded. I walked around the car and stood in front of the passenger side door. I looked up at the window, where I knew Holly was watching. I did feel bad about yelling at her, but she had no idea. She was the one that had it good. She had a loving boyfriend, who actually cared and a baby on the way. She had everything I wanted and so much more.

Holly

“What was that about?” I heard from behind me. I turned around and saw Frankie standing in the doorway, looking confused. I took in a deep breath and then looked towards the window. I walked over towards it and I saw that Helena had jumped into Robbie’s arms. It hurt to think that my best friend was getting herself into trouble she didn’t even know. Robbie was not a good guy and I couldn’t tell Bob about him. He would have flipped his lip and came straight out here. But a part of me wishes I did, so he could prevent her from making this huge mistake. I pushed the curtains out of my way and watched as she moved around the car and got into the passenger seat. But before she slid into the car, she was staring up at me and I knew she was watching. I bite my lip and shook my head as I let the curtains fall again. I turned around and faced Frankie again.

“Helena is going out with Robbie tonight,” I whispered and looked towards the ground. I knew that my boyfriend was having trouble with Gerard, but a part of me still cares deeply about Gerard. He was a totally different person when I met him, but he did let the stardom get to his head. I think that’s what killed all his relationships. I mean first Frankie and then Helena. And I know deep down he was trying to change, but he screwed things up so badly, that I don’t think he will ever get anyone to change their minds about him.

“You have to be kidding me? Why is she doing that? Why didn’t you stop her?” he questioned me and all I could do was shaking my head.

“I tried, but she won’t listen. I guess she will have to figure her mistakes out on her own,” I told him and sat down on the bed. I heard him sigh and walked towards me. I felt the bed sink and his arm wrapped around my waist, “I just don’t get it Frankie. He is changing for her, but she won’t even think twice about it. I know she still loves him, I can see it in her eyes.”

“Like you said babe, she has to figure out her own mistakes and if that’s realizing that she is still in love with Gerard, then she will fix things. But you can’t push her to do something she doesn’t want to do. But I still think you should have locked her in the closet,” he said and kissed the side of my head. I laugh lightly and then looked towards him. He smiled down at me and kissed the corner of my mouth, my weak spot.

“Do you ever think they will get back together?” I asked him. He looked towards the floor and then back up at me. He pushed the hair out of my eyes and sighed.

“Honestly, I think if they did, it would never work out. I just think their relationship right now, is a lost cause,” he said and held me tighter.

“I don’t think so, I think she is too stupid to see it and he is finally realizing it. I just wish he was here to prove it to her and kick that piece of shit ass for me too,” I laughed and Frankie smiled. He rubbed my back and kissed the side of my head before he started to whisper in my ear.

“All you can do now is sit back and just wait for Helena to ask for help. You know you will be the first one she will ask and I knew you will help her out in any way you can. But for now, you just let to this run its own course.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i am super sorry that this story is coming out super slow... but we are working on things, and i promise that the next chapter is shocking, sad and yet makes you hope for the best. so stayed tune, hopefully it will be up this weekend.
comment loves <3
miss erin.