Run like you do, I'm chasing you

Chapter 2

The Jonas family had left my life, and it's been about a year since it happened. I've gotten countless amounts of e-mails and letters, almost everyday. Sometimes I would write back, for the sake of Denise and Kevin Sr., but mostly I would just read them, and then put them away. It was still too painful for me. I barely watched t.v now adays because on every channel it's Jonas Brothers this, and Jonas Brothers that. Don't get me wrong, I'm really proud of them for living their dream, but they are doing it without me. That wasn't suppost to happen, but now I guess there is really nothing I can do about it. As I sit here staring at the moon from the seat in my window, I think to myself ‘I wonder if they’re looking at the moon at that very moment’. I rolled my eyes at how cliché that was, they are probably hanging out with their new celebrity friends, and having a great time. I looked over at the clock on my bedside table it read 12:58. That means it’s almost ten o’clock in California. I took a deep breath and made my way over to the computer and sat down.

KatelynKarma6661(1:01AM): Nope, no shooting stars.

KatelynKarma6661(1:01AM): = (

EmilyKills(1:03AM): Dang!

EmilyKills(1:03AM): I guess you’ll have to profess your love to Nicholas Jerry Jonas without the help of mother nature.

KatelynKarma6661(1:03AM): gah! Don’t remind me. How can I tell my best friend I’ve loved them for almost three years now?

Just then my mom walked in and sat down my zebra print comforter.

“Still up, I see. Who you talking to now?”, she asked. Looking at the screen, I saw the new IM I got from Em.

EmilyKills(1:05AM): I really don't know. You might want to start by not ignoring their letters and e-mails..

I just rolled my eyes at her response, and seeing my mom grin a she read what we were talking about.

My mom had been getting home around this time every night. She’d started working two jobs ever since her and my dad split up. Not for the money, there was plenty of that. She told us it was to keep herself busy.
I couldn't blame her though, she is grieving. As long as she is keeping herself content and not doing anything illegal, her working more is all good in my books.

“As you can see, it's the infamous Emily” I cracked a grin at my choice of words; it totally rhymed! This is what me and my best friend Emily did every night. Chatted online about aimless things until the wee hours of the morning.

“I should have known. Well, don’t stay up too late.” she said starting to get up.

“Psssh…Me stay up late? Never! Mother, that’s absurd. I am offended you would even think such a thing.” The sarcasm clearly present in my voice. We both laughed. I'm glad that my mom and I still have a sturdy relationship after what had happend. I really think it brought us closer together.

“Yeah, Yeah” She said kissing my head, and then walking towards the door.

“Love you, mom”

“Love you too, sweetheart”

I just sat there starting into space for a few minutes until I kept hearing the bleeping noise from my computer. Emily was getting mad since I wasn't talking. I just chuckled and turned back to my computer..
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment.
Don't just read and leave.
Constructive critisism is always welcome

xoxo