Run like you do, I'm chasing you

Chapter 4

By the time I got home it was almost dark outside. My mother’s car wasn’t in the driveway signaling that she had already left for work. I miss her not being around as much. We used to sit around in our living room, watching movies, and eating popcorn. Now that my mother worked all the time, this almost never happened. I’d been spending a lot of time in my room lately, writing down lyrics in the journal Kevin had given me for my fifteenth birthday. Most songs being about 'you know who'. I walked up to the front door and pushed my way in.

“I’m home!” Waiting for a response, I set my bag down and headed over to the answering machine.

“See ya later” My sisters babysitter walked behind me towards the door. I swiftly turned around just as she reached the threshold.

“Bye, Bethany” I looked back at the answering machine which was flashing that we had three new messages. I pressed the button and waited for the estranged man’s voice to come on.

*You have three new messages* I giggled when he said this, it was the automated voice that came along with all answering machines. It always made me laugh, thinking what this man would look like if he weren’t a robot.

-Beep-

‘Hey kids, it’s grandma. Just calling to check in on you. Oh Kate, your mother told me to remind you to make sure Laney gets her bath. Love you, bye’

-Beep-

‘Hello, this is Stephanie from Dr. Patterson’s office, calling in regards to next weeks a appointment. I have Laney scheduled for 9 am. Could you give me a call back to make sure this is still going to work out. Thank you.’

-Beep-

I half expected the next call to be my mother. I was typical of her to call, she worried about us often. Mostly me, knowing what I’ve been going through. She’s afraid I’ll turn into some kind of nutcase. I envisioned myself in a loony-bin wearing one of those God awful straight jackets. The smell of rubber lingering in the air. I was pulled from my thoughts when I hear the next voice on the machine.

‘Hey guys, greetings from LA’

“Nicky!!” I screamed aloud as I jumped for joy. I really did miss him. Not just because I was completely and totally in love with him but he always made me laugh.

With a permanent grin on my face I listened to the rest of the message.

‘Uh, yeah I’m actually calling because I have some really awesome news. You’re gonna love it. I’ve been pestering my mother for weeks now. Finally she gave in.’ I heard a familiar voice in the background, scolding Nick for taking so long. Joe always picked on both of his brothers. Even Kevin despite the fact that he was two years older than himself.

‘Just tell her what it is, dumbass.’

I was smiling ear to ear thinking of the face Joe must be making at Nick.

‘I’m getting to it! Geesh! Would you chill out. Sorry Katie. I, I mean we were wondering if you’d like to come stay with us in LA for the summer. Hopefully you do because I don’t think any of us can handle not seeing you any longer. So yeah, calls us when you get this. We love you, bye.’

I squealed at the thought of a whole summer with the Jonas family, with Nick. This was going to be the best summer of my life. I was finally going to tell Nick the way I felt. I just pray that nothing would get in the way.

With that I skipped into the living room, going to tell Laney the wonderful news.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Another update =]]
Please comment & subscribe.
It really means a lot to us
♥

xoxo