Run like you do, I'm chasing you

Chapter 5

As the plane touched down I began to feel the butterflies fluttering in my stomach. Never in my life had I felt so nervous as I did now. Throughout the flight I had been arguing with myself on whether I should go through with it. Should I tell him? What if things didn’t work out? What if we couldn’t be friends anymore? I’m not sure I could take the rejections. No, I had to tell him. I wasn’t sure how much time I had left but I knew it wasn’t a lot. If I didn’t tell him now he would surely find some California blonde bimbo to take my place.

I grabbed my carry-on luggage and stepped out into the crowded airport. I got on my tiptoes so I could see over the masses. After a couple minutes of not seeing any of the Jonas family I figure I would try and call one of their cell phones. I whipped out my cell and found Kevin's cell phone number, but before I could even think about pushing the send button, I felt someone grab me around the waist and lift me into the air. I looked down to see who it was and I was staring straight into the beautiful eyes of Nicholas Jonas. I could barely catch my breath. This moment felt like one of those sappy romance movies, too bad there wasn't any 'romance' in the situation. He put me down, but I just jumped into his arms again.

“Kit Kat Katie! I can’t believe you’re here!” I heard him squeal. After a year I had forgotten how much I loved his voice. I finally found it in myself to say something.

“Nick! Oh my gosh, how have you been?” As I hugged him I could feel his biceps flex under his plain black T-shirt.

“Geesh Nick, have you been working out? Your arms are huge!” We pulled apart and I could see he was blushing.

“Maybe a little. We have to keep in shape for the tour.” I finally realized that I had been so absorbed by Nick that I hadn’t even noticed anybody else’s presence. Kevin was standing right behind Nick. I looked over at one of the newsstands and saw Kevin Sr., Denise, and Frankie.

“What? No hello for me?” Kevin winked and pushed Nick out of the way.

“Sorry Kev.” I hugged him then looked around.

“Where’s Joe?”

“Oh, he’s in the bathroom. Should be here any minute..” Just then I felt someone tap my shoulder. I spun around to find Joe smirking at me.

“Joey!” He grasped me in a bear hug, cutting off all circulation to my brain.

“Air please.” I said. He let go of me but still held onto my hands. Something happened in that very moment, something I had never imagined. Joe looked different, not just the fact that his hair had grown out but something more. I wasn’t sure if he had truly changed, or if I was just seeing him in another way. He was beautiful. But wait, I liked Nick, not Joe. I knew right then and there that this trip to LA was a mistake, I don't know what is was, but things just got complicated. I must have been staring because suddenly I was jolted from behind.

“Katie!” I heard a little voice scream.
I can’t believe how big he’d gotten. He had to at least grown three to four inches.

“Frankster! There’s my stud muffin. I missed you!” I said bending down to give him a kiss on the cheek. I stood up and hugged Denise and Kevin Sr. Although I was worried about the feelings that were now revealing themselves about Joe, I was happy to be here in a sense. I needed this.
I needed to feel that sense of belonging, and the feeling of having a complete family again. I needed to work this out. Whatever that may be.

Nick and Joe grabbed the rest of my bags and Kevin and I walked side-by-side with Frankie on my back. We walked out of the airport and I was astonished at what I saw. A shiny black limo sat waiting for us. I’ve never ridden in a limo.
I looked up at Kevin in disbelief, and he just grinned at me.
I think I could get used this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woah! Two updates in one night.
Thank you to all who are reading.
Sorry for such short chapters and the slowness but keep reading it gets better...comment & subscribe.
Please?
♥
xoxo