Run like you do, I'm chasing you

Chapter 7

It had been almost four days since the ‘incident’ on the beach. I knew I couldn’t let the silence between Nick, Joe, and I last any longer so I decided I would talk to them. I wasn’t sure who’d I’d talk to first. Maybe I’d wait a few days. I still didn’t know what Kevin had talked to Nick about that day at the beach and it could be vital information. I would probe Kevin until I got what I needed.

“Hey Kev, can I talk to you?” He was seated on his bed. Staring at the screen of the laptop he held in his lap. He looked up when he saw me come in, then closed it and laid it on the bed.

“Yeah, sure hun. Come on in. What about?” He patted the bed beside him hinting for me to sit down. I lingered into the room finally making my way to the king sized bed.

“Uhm, Kevin. Do you remember the other day when we were walking on the beach and you took Nick and walked off somewhere? You know, when Joe and I…” I trailed off when I saw the look Kevin was giving me.

“Are you honestly asking if I remember? Of course I remember. What about it?” Kevin put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into his chest. I nuzzled into this neck and took in the smell of his cologne.

“Well, I was just wondering what you guys talked about? Ya know, you and Nick. I don’t like that he’s acting weird around me. Did he tell you what’s wrong?” I felt his chest rise and fall as he took a deep breath and sighed.

“Kate, I told him I wouldn’t tell anyone. Not even you. I’m sorry.” I pulled away so I could stare at him. I was giving him an evil glare but he wouldn’t budge.

“I can’t. I just can’t. Okay, I really am sorry. He’ll tell you when he’s ready.” I was getting mad now, I didn’t like having things kept from me. I stood up, not wanting to sit next to him anymore.

“Paul Kevin Jonas, Jr. You tell me this very second why Nick has been acting so weird. What did he tell you?”

“No, I’m not telling you.” Why was everybody keeping secrets from me around here?

“Fine, if you’re not going to tell me then I’ll just go ask him myself.” I turned around and stormed out the door. I turned to the right and started to head down the hallway.

“Katelyn.” I stopped in the middle of the hallway hoping Kevin had changed his mind and decided to tell me. I really didn’t feel like confronting Nick right now.

“What?”

“Uhm, you’re going the wrong way. Nick’s bedroom is down there.” He pointed in the opposite direction. Losing a bit of my pride, I turned around and started down towards the other end of the hall. I pouted at Kevin as I walked by but it didn’t seem to have the affect I wanted it to. He just laughed and went back into his bedroom.

“Nick! Nicky, we need to talk.” I pushed my way through the last door on the left and was stunned at what I saw. He was sitting on his bed, head in his hands. He looked up at me, obviously crying. His eyes red and swollen.

“Oh, Nicky what’s wrong?” He just looked back at the ground and began to sob. I went over to him, sitting down on the bed beside him, draping my arm around his shoulders. Finally the sobs lessened. He wiped his eyes and looked at me.

“Me and Miley…” A tear escaped his eye and trickled down his cheek. I knew exactly what he was trying to say.

“Nick, I’m so sorry. Maybe she just wasn’t right for you…” Surprisingly he nodded in agreement.

“You’re right, you’re absolutely right. She wasn’t right for me because I’m in love with somebody else.” My heart sank. Could he really be saying this? I was hopeful that since he broke up with Miley, I’d actually have a chance. But if he’s in love with someone else, there was absolutely no hope.

“Oh.” That was all I could mutter. His gazes still on me. Suddenly he began to cry again, head falling into the palm of his hands. I rubbed his back, moments away from tears myself.

“It’s gonna be okay Nick. I’m sure everything will work out for you.” But not for me, I would never be able to tell him. He leaned into me and my chin rested on his soft curls. I held him like that for almost an hour. This would have been a perfect moment if not for the circumstances.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess what you guys??
I updated. Which you probably already figured out =]
Yay for updates & comments & subscribers.
Love to all my readers ♥

xoxo