Breathe in Breathe Out

Quarantine My Heart

Once we landed in O’Hare airport Harlow, Andy, and I got in a cab and went to the hotel. I got all of the rooms ordered and I found out Andy’s room was right next to mine which can never be good. We walked up to our rooms together and once I walked into my room I got a phone call. I answered without looking at the caller ID. “Hey neighbor” Andy said.

“Andy couldn’t you have just come to my room and said that?”

“Yeah but I didn’t want to bother you. So do you want to go out tonight?”

“Its almost 8 already, where do you want to go?”

“Well I’m hungry how about Denny’s?”

“Uh that sounds fine, just let me get dressed.” I said hanging up thinking this would be my third time going to Denny’s in 2 days what the hell? I changed into a long dress-like black shirt and a pair of shiny black leggings and put on my favorite accessory my gold and silver New York Couture necklace. I put on the essential make up and then walked next door and knocked on his door.

He looked good he was wearing a yellow v-neck with black skinny jeans. “Why hello there handsome.” I said

“Thank you, you gorgeous lady.” We laughed at how corny we were then walked down the stairs to leave for Denny’s. “How about we get a drink before we go?”Andy suggested.

“Actually I want to be sober tonight so I can see if I actually like you.” I said blushing.

“Does this mean you think you like me already?”

“I don’t know quite yet, don’t get excited.” I said kissing him on the cheek then we walked to Denny’s. Once we got there we sat down and ordered our drinks when Harlow and William walked in, which was weird cause they never really hang out unless their drunk. But Then I stopped caring about why there were here when I realized who I was with.

“William and Harlow are here what do we do?” I asked.

“William, Harlow come sit with us.” He said over to them very friendly. William sat next to me and Harlow sat next to Andy.

“So what are you guys doing here together?” William asked Andy with a WTF face.

“Well were friends and were hungry, What about you and Harlow?”

“Oh uh same.” William said like he was hiding something.

“William you live in a completely different city, you don’t even come to town to eat with me and I’m your best friend.” I stated.

“Well maybe I just really wanted to talk to Harlow Instead of you.”

“Ok yeah that totally makes sense, William if I wasn’t your best friend then you would still think that drinking cures all of your problems. You know you love talking to me and I’m not being conceited for saying that. You always tell me everything so why don’t you tell me why you’re really here” I said and it was true.

“Ok so that is true and to this day when I’m having a problem and want to drink I don’t because of you and I totally thank you for that. So the truth is me and Harlow are dating.” I saw Harlow kick William under the table which was followed by an “OW!”

“Ok for a good reason I don’t believe that at all so seriously why are you here.”

“If we questioned you on everything we wouldn’t have believed you guys were ‘just hungry’”

“Your right Billvy, me and Andy are secretly dating.” I said with a chuckle.

“Ok Electra that’s believable.” William said

“William how the hell is that believable?”

“The way you two look at each other, the way your eyes both look like they are hiding something. It’s what you see in good couples it’s a breath of fresh air, it gives me hope.” He said

“William, Andy and I aren’t dating now why the fuck are you and Harlow here?”

“Should we just tell her William? It’s nothing to hide.” Harlow asked.

“Fine me and Harlow are here to meet Gabe once we saw you Harlow texted him not to come.”

“First off Gabe is in Chicago and why in the world are you meeting with him?”

“Well he is our friend.” William defended

“I’m leaving so go ahead and tell him to come…oh and give him this.” I said pulling off the only ring on my fingers, It was his and he gave it to me so that no matter where he was I’d have a piece of him. I never took it off but I can’t wear it now.

I threw it down on the table and walked out as Andy followed behind. This meant we were finally over. I never realized it until now that Gabe and I were never meant to be.

“I’m sorry that happened in there … like that.” Andy said as we were on our way to the hotel.

“It’s not your fault” I said he really shouldn’t feel bad about it.

“Yeah but I could tell it was a hard thing to do getting rid of the ring, looking at your tan it looks like you never take it off.”

“Yeah I’ve been wearing it for about 3 years. I didn’t think anyone would notice the tan though.”

“But hey think about it now that you’ve given up the ring you made the bridge to you being single and finding someone better.”

Wow Andy made it sound great but I know he was kind of hinting at him being the better guy. “Yeah I guess your right” I said. “But uh I’m still hungry do you want to eat somewhere else?” He agreed so we were then on our way to Taco Bell.

Once we were done eating Andy stopped at the $.25 toy machines and he came back to me. “I know it’s cheap and we aren’t dating but here, you need something to replace your old ring.” He said handing me a cute black plastic ring.

“Thanks Andy” I said giving him a hug then replacing where Gabe’s ring was with the new plastic one.

Once we were back at the hotel we were standing outside of both of our doors saying our goodnights. Then he leaned in for the kiss. It was amazing it wasn’t our first but it felt like it was, It felt as if I waited forever for it.

“See you tomorrow morning” I said giving him another kiss then escaping into my room. I couldn’t help but smile for the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it was such a long filler :)
My writing skills have been non exsistant lately

Comments would be amazing