Breathe in Breathe Out

here goes nothing

The next morning I woke up and went down stairs to start my shift and saw someone already working the counter. “Um it’s my shift.” I said to Harlow.

“Yeah well I took your shift, I’m meeting with friends later so I thought it would be fine to take your shift, you can take mine.”

“Harlow you should have asked me first and no it’s not ok cause I made plans for later too.” That was a lie but I could make plans.

“What the hell why do you even need this job when you could just get money from your dad.” She said bitterly

“Harlow you know I have a job because I don’t want to feel like I’m living off my dad’s money, I don’t want to be the next Paris Hilton that’s why I work cause I want to feel like I’m actually doing something for my money.”

“You already do live off of your dad’s money, I mean free room’s seriously get over yourself.”

“Fuck you Harlow Carlton, Thanks for being my best friend.” I said then running away, up the ten flights of stairs until I got to my room then I realized I left my room key in my room.

“Shit!” I screamed at my door while pounding on it. In only about 3 seconds I heard the door next to mine open.

“Electra what’s wrong?” I didn’t even realize I was crying.

“I left my room key in my room.” I said

“Well that’s nothing to cry about just go downstairs and get another one.”

“Well I’d rather not.”

“Why not” Andy said with a concern and wiping the tears off my face.

“Just well it’s a long story”

“Here you can come into my room and explain.” He said opening the door. I sat on one bed and he sat on the other. I went on to explain how Harlow was rude about nothing and how she always does this to me every time she doesn’t get her way.

“I’m sorry about Harlow and I think it’s great that you work but don’t you think it would just be better to take your dad’s money and just live with it I mean you can do something with your life that you’ve always wanted to do and you don’t need the job.”

“Well that’s kind of a good point but I’d still want a job if I got money from my dad just I wouldn’t want it to pay too much.” I said trying to think of a job

“Merch Girl! We can pay you as little as you want heck you can work for free if you want.” I laughed at how enthused he was.

“Well I don’t think you are the one who gets to choose the Merch people”

“Yeah but our Merch guy just quit and we need a new one ASAP before we leave for tour tomorrow with Cobra Starship. Plus everyone already knows you so we don’t have to worry about getting to know someone new.”

“Yeah that’s all great except the tour is with Cobra Starship, my ex-boyfriends of 3 years band.”

“Electra there is this thing called ignoring.”

“Ugh fine but ask William right now, while I call my dad for money.” He pumped his fist in the air and shouted for joy as he walked to the opposite side of the room. I called my dad the conversation was just me saying hello and telling him the whole situation and he said he was happy that I was getting money from him which is weird but he said that I was a Davis and didn’t need to work and that I was finally acting like one. He put about a million on my account and if I needed more just to ask.

Sometimes I don’t get how people could just give a million dollars away. I was off the phone before Andy since him and William started talking about the tour.

“So you’re our new Merch girl for tour.” He said as he hung up the phone.

“Ok but now I have to get the key to my room, but I think I should resolve things with Harlow too.”

“Electra this is a serious question. Are you stupid?”

“What do you mean by that?”

“I mean you said Harlow does this to you all the time, she obviously knows it’s your weakness and she uses that to get what she wants. Seriously what kind of friend is that?” I thought about what he just said, I never told anyone about this and now that I did I finally realized she isn’t a good friend.

“Your right Andy I’ll be right back ok?” I said giving him a kiss on the cheek; he nodded as I started walking out of the room and down to the front desk.

“I need an extra room key.” I said to her.

“Here,” she said handing it to me. “Anything else?”

“Yes I would like to cancel a room.”

“Which one?” She asked not caring at all.

“Yours” I said bitterly as her face turned into shock.

“Why, I didn’t mean anything I said earlier.”

“I don’t care, I’ll give you a week to get a new place to live and if I find out your still living here I’ll call the cops.” I said then walked away to Butchers room. I knocked on the door and he answered about a second later.

“Hey how did it go?” he asked

“Fine, you want to go out or stay in for lunch?” I said as I kissed him, I missed having a boyfriend to make my bad days good.

“Um why would you give me that choice?”

“You know I’ll choose let’s stay in, we can get room service.” I said giving him another kiss.
“Electra we’re going too far. I mean were not together, let’s just go out to eat.” He said turning me around to go out the door. I should know better, I’m really not a slut I just hate being alone it’s nice to know you’re with someone or know someone loves you. I just want that feeling back.

“Andy look let’s just not it would be too difficult if we start anything I mean I’m going on tour with you and I just don’t want anything to be too awkward.”

“What? You just wanted to stay in and do lord knows what and now we can’t even go out to lunch?” he said confused. I was a bit confused myself but his words made me think we shouldn’t go fast, we shouldn’t even like each other it’ll never work.

“Andy this is the way it should be, I’ll see you tomorrow morning for tour.” I said walking into my room.

I picked up the book I was reading which was Revolution on Canvas volume two that Gabe bought me, since he was in it. I was 50 pages through reading Ben Jorgensen’s poem The Big Reveal when I got a call I looked at the caller Id Gabe Saporta.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am dedicating this chapter to To_Settle_The_Score because she is the only dedicated reader :)
and she is a cool person to talk to

Comments?