‹ Prequel: A day at Camp

Forever Young

I've got a Crush

Josia's pov

Work is going pretty smoothly in Hot Topic and I see we got a new guy coming in, which means I gotta teach him everything from scratch. My manager, Chris, told me, "We got a new guy, his name is Trace Cyrus, and he would be working as the box person, which moves you to cashier." I reply, "Alright, I saw him come in, guess I gotta continue my job as assistant manager." Chris joked, "That's the spirit, now go teach him," I playfully rolled my eyes as he gave me a slight push.

As soon as Trace appeared in front of me, I had to look up cuz he was pretty tall. He smiled and said, "So what do I do?" I explained, "Your gonna be the box boy, which moves me to cashier. Don't worry it's not that hard, you just gotta put in place all the items that come in, okay?" He nodded and I pointed, "We got some band t's on the back, stored in boxes, you won't miss them since they're open. Also, you put them in the correct place, where those plastic little shelves are. Also, we gotta get you a name tag, so come this way." He followed me to the back office and I got out a little plastic nametag out of the box full of empty nametags.

He spelled out his name so I could write it perfectly and typed it in the computer. I placed the stickers in the printer and as I finished typing his name, I printed it out. I showed it to him in case I did any mistakes and he stated with a smile, "It looks perfect, thanks..." he read my tag, "Josia." I replied, "You welcome and if you need any help or have questions call me up, or Chris." He nodded and went straight to his job as I took my place behind the cash register.

Trace's pov

Omg he is soooo hot, Jesus! I am sure calling him up, Chris looks nice but pretty uptight, guess thats how managers are supposed to feel. Josia's assistant manager, he obviously knows his way around the place and he's pretty good at explaining things. My job wasn't too hard, I actually knew what I was doing. I got out the shirts from the open boxes and took them towards the shelves. I folded them perfectly and stacked them on top of eachother on the shelves, making sure the bands had the same name printed on them.

I found myself liking this job already, and obviously the assisstant manager, I hope he's single. What I like is that he doesn't look like a whimp and he's extremely beautiful and has style. I also love the mix of colors he did with his hair, he was such an angel. Just thinking about him like that made me blush, thank God I was being faced away from him.

Josia's pov

the guy is holding up pretty well, he's a natural, next thing you know he'll be taking my job. I continued waiting for costumers to come and pay for their merchendise, I'm sooo bored.
Soon Trace stood up to get more shirts, and straightening wrinkled ones customers messed up. As he looked at me, he flashed me a cute smile and continued his way to the back. I don't know what's with the new guy, but I have a feeling he likes me. Don't ask it's just a gift I tend to have. The guy's pretty hot, believe me, but Bailey kept popping up in my mind. My toughts went away as a girl with lots of piercings came to check in her items. I scanned them as she was trying to give me eye contact. Dude it's not the first time people try to hit on me, so I'm used to it. I said the price and she gave me her money, I gladly took it, giving her her change and receipt back, placing her items in a black bag with red letters.

She smiled saying, "Thanks, hottie," I just smiled as to not make her feel bad and replied, "Welcome, come again," she flirted, "Oh I will." I just giggled, she has no clue I was as gay as a flamingo.