Change in Beliefs

When Worlds Collide

A change in Beliefs
Chapter Two
When Worlds Collide

“Whoo-oo! Man! You sure know how to throw a slumber party Dawn!”

A girl named Elizabeth or Lizzie said laughing. Lizzie was a young teenage girl who was 16 years old. She had blonde hair and blue eyes. She was clad in a pair of Tinker Belle pajamas and pink fuzzy slippers, for this was a slumber party.

The girl, Dawn, grinned at her.

“I know! Aren’t you glad you and Marie came down here this summer!”

Dawn was the youngest of the three girls at 15. She had black hair and hazel eyes. Her sleep ware consisted of a pair of shorts and a black t-shirt with the words “bite me” on with and she wore a pair of bunny slippers.

The last girl, Marie, shook her head smiling. “Of course. Do you honestly think that we would turn down a trip to sunny Florida during summer vacation? Phhhft. I pity the fool who would.”

Marie was the oldest who would be turning 17 in the fall. She had dark brown hair and eyes too match, that were almond shaped. She was wearing a pair of shorts and a tank top and on her feet were a pair of black ballet style slippers.

“Man. I can’t believe your parents let us stay when they had to go on that business trip.”

Dawn nodded. “I know. But I’m glad they did, that would have sucked if you couldn’t come because of the stupid sudden emergency meeting.

Dawn’s parents worked in a small business and had to go out of town for a while and thankfully let the girls stay at home.

“Hey Marie throw me a marshmallow pie will you?”

Marie tossed her one which she caught with ease.

“Thanks.”

“No prob.”

Lizzie yawned and stretched. “Man how late have we been up?” She looked over at the clock on the wall, “wow. It’s nearly midnight”

“So?”

“Marie shut up. We all know you stay up late reading fan fictions.”

Marie grinned and Lizzie rolled her eyes.

“Do think we should-”

“I’m not tired are you guys?” Dawn asked cutting her off.

“Nope.” Came Marie’s reply before she sipped her Mt. Dew.

Lizzie glanced out her window then furrowed her brows.

“What is it?” Asked Marie concernedly.
“Umm. Guys what would say if I said there were two guys outside that look like they’re from medieval times fighting with dragons?”

“Then I’d say you’re crazy.”

“No seriously Dawn there’s something outside!” Lizzie pointed outside and all the girls’ eyes widened.

Indeed. There were two young men, dressed as though they were from the dark ages, fighting with dragons.

Marie looked at her Mt. Dew can, then outside and then back at her soda can before setting it down and muttering, “I think I’ve had enough.”

Lizzie glanced at Marie and asked, “what do you think we should do?”

Marie sighed and rubbed her eyes, something she was known to do when she was stressed or thinking.

“Why don’t we turn in and maybe this’ll be just some crazy dream.”

“I’ll say. I just hope we don’t die in this dream.” Dawn muttered.

Marie rolled her eyes. “Come one let’s turn in.”

With that the girls went to bed hoping when the morning came this would all be some crazy dream.

Too bad fate didn’t agree with them.

--
--

The next morning.

The girls woke up and went down stairs to get some breakfast when Lizzie glanced out the window then fainted. Marie and Dawn turned when they heard a thud and saw their friend pasted out of the floor.

“Or for the love of-Lizzie!” Marie grumbled and crouched down to help her friend up and Dawn glanced out the window.

“Uh Marie? You better take a look at this.” Marie set Lizzie in a chair then walked over to Dawn.

“What is it?”

“Look.” Dawn pointed out the window and Marie’s eyes widened.

They were still there.

“...um how long do u think this crazy dream will last?”

“Mine usually end with someone having a monkey as a wife…”

Marie looked at her friend not at all amused, “....so you think one of them will b marrying a monkey?”

“Maybe... if it's really a dream.”

Marie sighed frustrated, “Well I want to wake up now!” She went to the sink and splashed cold water on her face then went back to the window.

“DAMN IT! WHY AREN’T I WAKING UP?!”

“Because it's not a dream?”

Marie rolled her eyes and groaned. “...I think I better write my will now-GRAB LIZZIE! AND RUN!!! OR WE'RE FRIED!”

A huge fire ball was coming toward the window. Marie grabbed Lizzie and the girls ran out the back door; managing to get out of the house as the house caught flame.

Dawn and Marie fell to their knees panting trying to catch their breathe.
“Ok what the hell just happened?!” Marie was fuming. This was not what she was planning for her summer vacation.

She glared at Dawn because she and her brother were known for their pranks-and this was NOT funny.

“DAMN IT DAWN! I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS WHEN I CAME TO VISIT YOU THIS SUMMER! IF THIS IS SOME WEIRD TRICK BY YOUR NEIGHBOR OR BROTHER I SWEAR I'M GOING TO-” she stopped in mid rant as she felt hot air fall on her neck as though something was breathing on her, “there's a dragon behind me isn't there?” she whispered.

Dawn went wide eyed ( O.O ) and nodded.

Marie gulped, “um which one-red or blue?”

“Red…”

“.…” She took a deep breath and turned around slowly and was met face to face with the Red Dragon. Normally she’d be thrill as she loved dragons but she had no intention to being dragon food.

She opened her mouth and Dawn winced cause she had a good idea on what her friend was going to do and boy would it be painful.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” Marie screamed at the top of lungs in hopes to distract the dragon.

“Ow! My ears!” Dawn covered her ears as did the dragons and their riders.

“Great now-RUN!”
Marie threw Lizzie over her back and grabbed Dawn’s arm then ran off into the wood for that seemed the only way to go.

“Wow! Who knew that what to do if you’re attacked class actually taught us something useful! Scream at the top of your lungs and runaway!”

As they ran through the forest, “Um Dawn? Where are we?”

“The forest?”

“I know this but WHERE in the forest I mean this is your land…right?”
Dawn was quiet.

“Right?”

Dawn gave her a weak smile.

“Oh this is just perfect! First some weirdoes try to kill each other outside your house! Then the red dragon burns it to a crisp and I almost got eaten! what could possibly happen next?!”

“ They find us and will be like "Who are you and where are we? Tell us or We'll kill you?"

“...Good point now what do we do? Ooh I wish Matt was here he'd know what to do“ She sighed. They heard flapping above them and hid in a bush.

“Great Dawn u jinxed us!”

“I told you it was going to happen! That always what happens”

“Shush! they'll hear us!”

“Don't you shush me!”

Marie slapped a hand over Dawn’s mouth to silence her. They held their breath as the flapping began to die away until it was silent.