The Pros and Cons of Growing Up

Part Six

Frank’s POV

“You looked so hot on that stage.” I growled, pushing Gerard into a closet.

“I can name someone who looked better.” Gee panted.

“Who?” I began unbuttoning his shirt.

“Bob.”

I giggled. “He’d be so weirded out to hear you say that.”

“I know.” Gee laughed, pulling my shirt over my head. He then kissed down my chest and stomach, paying careful attention to my tattoos and belly button.

I groaned and tugged at his hair. “I don’t believe we’re gonna fuck in a closet again. It’s always so exciting.”

“Yeah until the custodians come in.” Gerard pointed out, looking up at me and smirking.

“That only happened once.” I giggled.

“Yeah but it was traumatizing enough to have been five times.”

I pulled him up, pressing my lips to his and sliding my hands down to unbutton his tight jeans. “W-we’re almost too o-old for tight jeans.” I panted, pulling away.

“Yeah but not quite. We’re still hot.” He slid his tongue into my mouth, tugging at my pink belt.

“Do you know how much I love you?” I gasped out, then pressed my mouth back to his.

We must have looked like two teenagers, but we didn’t care. All that mattered in that instance was us, together, in a closet, getting ready to have sex.

“When was the last time we did it in a closet?” Gerard asked.

“Aiden was, what, five? Maybe?”

“Has it really been that long?” he asked.

I nodded, pushing his pants down to his knees. “That’s what having kids does to you. Now fuck me before I explode.”

Gerard nodded and, after quickly shoving my boxers down, pushed into me.

Eric’s POV

When I got home from biology on Tuesday, I saw Frank’s car outside. I got my backpack from the passenger seat and headed inside. Gerard and Frank were both making out—heavily making out, Frank on top of Gerard and trying to tug his belt off— right on the couch.

“Oh my god.” I groaned and rushed upstairs to mine and Aiden’s room. “That is so awkward.”

I closed the door, sat my backpack on the floor next to the dresser, and turned my computer on. My cell phone began to rang, The Great Escape by Boys Like Girls coming from it. So what if I like Boys Like Girls? Sue me.

I looked down at my phone after fishing it out of my pocket . It was Asher.

“Hey.” I answered.

“Hey, man. What’s up?”

“Just got home.” I said into the phone, signing onto the internet and trying to not picture Frank and Gerard having sex on the couch. Even Aiden and I hadn’t done that, and we’re 18. Surely they have some decency. I wonder if they’ve been on that couch since they got home because they’re bags were kind of thrown everywhere. “How about you?”

“Nothing. Brooke’s staying at her mom’s tonight or something and after last week’s fight with her dad there was no way in hell I was going.” Asher sighed.

“Fight?” I asked, seeing Aiden was on messenger on his phone.

Well fuck him for yelling at me the other night.

Why hasn’t he messaged me and apologized yet?

“And then he was like, ‘I’ll fucking kill you boy.’ I mean, what the fuck, Eric? What did I do wrong?” Asher was saying.

“Sorry, what?” I asked sheepishly, posting an away message saying I was busy with friends. God, I am such a liar.

“Nothing, I’ll explain it later. Want to go catch a movie later or something?”

“Sure.” I said, because it wasn’t as if I was doing anything anyway.

“I need to talk to you too, alright? I’ll come pick you up in a few minutes, okay?”

“Talk to me about what?” I asked. “Is everyone okay?”

“Yeah, yeah. Everyone is fine. We just need to talk.”

“Alright, I’ll talk to you later.” I said and saw Aiden’s screen name change from ‘Aiden.’ To ‘Aiden is a dumb idiot and is sorry.’

My heart melted and I hung up the phone, clicking on his name. He was typing me a message, I saw. I bit my lip, wanting to be mad but I couldn’t be.

Aiden is a dumb idiot and is sorry says: Look, I’m sorry. I really miss you, Eric. I don’t know why, but I felt bad when you went out partying and got drunk and didn’t answer my call. You never do that.

I read the message quickly, but he was still typing.

Aiden is a dumb idiot and is sorry says: I mean, what’s next? You’re changing and I’m here, miserable and alone. I’m afraid that I’m going to come home and you’re going to be different and I will be the same Aiden and you won’t love me anymore.

I bit my lip again and began typing back.

Eric passed his exam! says: Aiden, you know that won’t happen. I love you too.

Aiden is a dumb idiot and is sorry says: But what if you loving me isn’t enough? If you change and I don’t we won’t be the same people we were two months ago. Do you see what I’m saying, honey?

Eric passed his exam! Says: Yeah, I see what you are saying. It is not going to happen though so you shouldn’t worry about that. When I married you I vowed myself to you and only you. Whether or not I change, I will always love you because you are a beautiful and amazing person.

I sent the message, feeling knots in my stomach.

There was a long period when Aiden didn’t type anything and I began to get nervous. Had I said something wrong?

Eric passed his exam! says: Aiden?

Aiden says: You always say that… that I’m amazing and beautiful and it’s all bullshit. I look in the mirror and want to barf.

I picked up my phone, dialing his number. He answered on the third ring.

“Aiden?”

“Hey.” He sighed.

“I love you.” I said, closing my eyes and listening to his voice.

“I love you too.” He answered.

“W… Why do you… Why did you say you looked in a mirror and wanted to barf?” I asked slowly.

“I just… do.” He said slowly.

All of these alarms began going off in my head. Alarms, sirens, and flashing lights.

“Are you eating?” I asked him gently.

“Some.”

My heart sank to my stomach and I felt a sob in my throat, threatening to escape. “Aiden… are you sick again?” I asked quietly, my voice shaking.

There was silence. I heard rustling.

“Aiden?”

“No… I mean, I’m feeling a bit ill. I’m not anorexic if that’s what you are asking.”

Perhaps that was what made me most scared. Aiden… my Aiden… would have gone off. He would have started screaming about me not trusting him.

But I pushed it away. If Aiden told me he was only a bit sick, he wasn’t sick.

“I’m not changing.” I whispered.

“Yes you are… I can tell it in the way you talk now.” Aiden whispered back and I heard him sigh again. “You never drink, Eric… you always drank when something was wrong. Really wrong. Is… something wrong?”

Yes, you idiot. You’re gone. That’s what is wrong. My voice shouted. Instead I sighed and said, “Of course not. It was a one time thing… one of those things that I didn’t plan for to happen. “

“In any case, the good news is I’m coming home in a month.” Aiden said quietly.

“You are?” I wanted to jump for joy.

“Yeah.” I could practically hear him smiling. “For a week.”

“Oh, this is great!” I said, suddenly wanting to squeal. “I can’t wait to see you! Why didn’t you tell me sooner?”

“I was going to surprise you, actually… but I couldn’t handle waiting.”

“This is so…. Oh man… I love you, Aiden.”

“I love you too.” He laughed quietly. “But I better get off of here and get some work done.”

“Alright, Asher will be here soon anyway. I love you.”

“I love you too. Bye.” He hung up.

I hung up as well and pulled a jacket on, smiling from ear to ear. The doorbell rang and I ran downstairs, not paying attention to Frank and Gerard who were now so close to sex on our couch that it wasn’t even funny.

“Hey!” Asher grinned.

“Aiden’s coming back! For a week!” I practically shrieked in excitement. “Oh fuck, he’s coming back. I- I have to find something to wear. I can’t go out tonight!”

“When’s he coming back?!” Asher asked.

“A month, but still… you can never plan enough.” I said.
Asher draped an arm around me, slowly dragging me towards his car. “You can see one movie and still have enough time to plan an outfit. I promise.”

“Fine but it better not be a long movie. I’m serious, Asher…”