Status: Complete.

You've Got So Much Love in You

You're My Number One.

I sat quietly in the car, tracing my fingers over the slightly rough fabric of my jeans. I wanted to make some type of small talk, but every time I opened my mouth to speak, the words just wouldn't come out. It's like they were stuck in the back of my throat, building up as my thoughts flew through my head like a paper air plane in a hurricane. Finally, to my advantage, Hayley broke the silence between us.

"Why that song?" she asked, as we stopped a red light.

"I just like Between The Trees... I'm sorry if it made you mad or something," I tried, hoping that she would at least try to understand.

"It's fine. I just thought you were cutting or something. I guess I got worried over nothing, huh?" she laughed, pulling away and into the Wal-Mart parking lot. Yeah, she's rich and famous but still shops at Wal-Mart. That's how down to earth she is.

"I guess so. I mean, I don't cut. You can even check if you don't believe me."

"I believe you. I don't think you would lie to me about something like that.. Not that you've ever really lied to me though..."

"I don't like lying to the one I love," I smiled, getting out of the car and waiting for her. No, I won''t open the door for her on this occasion.

She rolled her eyes, and came up behind me, jumping on my back.

"I'm ready!" she giggled, wrapping her arms securely around my neck. We were bound to get some stares now.

I rolled my eyes, walking through the parking lot and into the store. We weren't even five feet in the store and the stares were all turned to us. A few people smiled, and a few shook their heads in disgust. I chose to ignore the disgusted stares, mostly because I didn't want Hayley thinking I was in any way ashamed of being in a relationship with her.

About fifteen minutes in, and about 200 dirty stares later, I started getting a bit mad. So I decided I'd say a little something to the next dirty stare I got.

Ah, there's one!

"Excuse me, sir. Do you have a problem? I noticed you giving me quite the dirty look," I guess I'll be nice at first, but the claws will come out soon.

"I do have a problem, yes. That girl is on your back, and I saw her kiss you a few minutes ago. There's children here and you aren't setting a good example, teaching them it's okay to love someone who's the same sex as themselves," he kept his cool, mine was gone at the first word.

"I'm sorry that it's so wrong in your eyes to be in love. I'm also sorry that you're shoving those terrible thoughts into children's minds. What if one of them killed their self because they fell in love with, let's say, a girl fell in love with a girl. What if they killed their self because it was so wrong of them to love that girl? How would you feel then?" I snarled, as Hayley dropped off my back and stood next to me, keeping quiet.

"That's their problem. Homosexuality is wrong. There's a reason it's a sin in the bible," he gave me another dirty look, before storming off. I gulped, knowing that Hayley was raised in a Christian environment and probably never thought about the Bible and what it said about her being with me. Here comes the paranoia again. She's probably gonna break up with me because it's wrong in her beliefs to be in love with the same gender. I'd be alone, and stuck feeling sorry for myself. She noticed me get quiet, a blank expression on my face.

"You okay?" she asked, brushing the whole speech that guy gave off like it was nothing.

"No..." I mumbled, barely audible, "Yes," I said louder.

"I heard the first one," she sighed, her arms snaking themselves around my waist in a protective, yet loving grip. She rested her head on my shoulder, whispering to me.

"I'm not gonna break up with you because the Bible says our relationship is wrong. It also says that it's wrong to have sex with a dog but people still do that, don't they?" she tried to lighten the mood, and it almost worked.

"Let go..." I sighed, everything that guy had said was getting to me.

"No. I never will," she pouted, standing on her tip toes and leaning forwards to kiss my cheek.

"Kay..." I muttered, starting to move forward. Her arms stayed around my waist as she followed, refusing to let go.

"I told you I'm not letting go. I'm comfy," she grinned, stopping me in my tracks as she stopped moving.

"How are we supposed to walk if you're attached to my waist?" I wondered aloud, laughing quietly.

"How about I just put one arm around your waist? I don't wanna let go completely..." she pouted. It really sucks when your girlfriend knows she can get anything she wants if she pouts.

"Fine, fine," I gave in, as she smiled, letting go of me for only a second, before her right arm returned to it's place around my waist. Her index and middle fingers held my belt loops, pulling me close to her side. Protective, isn't she?

"It's not as comfy but it'll have to do until we get home," she giggled, walking toward the DVD's. Her free arm picked up one called The Sweetest Thing. Hayley gave me a strange smile, before explaining, "We're so getting this."

"Whatever you say, strange one," I laughed, picking one out for myself, called One Missed Call. I was more into the horror scene rather than romance movies. The endless cliche-ness was overpowering at times. Somehow, I knew I'd be stuck watching that movie with Hayley tonight. She giggled, then looked closer at the cover of One Missed Call, grunting slightly.

"Eck. Looks scary," she observed, furrowing her brow in examination.

"I have reasons for that," I smiled, knowing why I picked a scary movie. Two reasons, one, I like scary movies, and two, Hayley would be scared and cuddle with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for like, leaving on you guys. I had a power outage and my Internet wasn't up for the last 2 and a half days. I was like "Must...write...story..." but I didn't know where I left off so there will be a break in updates again. :( I'm piled with work lately. Lots of essays and I'm getting sick and stuff so I sleep a ton.

Enjoy the update, and see y'all soon.