No Flaws When You're Pretending

Not Interested

When I got home, my mom met me at the door.

"Do you have homework?" she asked.

"Yes," I said. She nodded.

"A lot?" she asked.

"Not really," I replied.

"Good," she said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Roy and his son are coming over tonight," she said.

I groaned inwardly.

"Ok," I said.

"They'll be here at 6 so make sure to have all of your homework done," she said. "And wear something nice."

When my mom left, I rolled my eyes and trudged upstairs. I threw my bag on my bed and sat at my desk. I really didn't know exactly how I was going to fight the image of me being 'perfect.' I could wear jeans to dinner, but the only problem with that was that I didn't own any jeans. I'd have to see if Brendon could help me with that and I'd save that idea for another day.

--------------------------------------------------------

When it was 6 o'clock, I went downstairs to wait with my parents for Roy and his son. I had decided I'd be the image of 'perfection' for one more night. Hopefully I'd be able to start changing that soon. Roy got there with his son, who I was immediately introduced to.

"Lauren," said Roy. "This is my son Andrew."

Andrew held out his hand and I took it, shaking it quickly before letting go of it. Andrew was blonde and was actually good looking, but I didn't like him. I didn't like how he was staring at me. So I ignored him. While Roy talked with my parents, Andrew asked me questions which I answered with quick answers.

At dinner, Andrew sat next to me and continued to talk to me. And I continued to just act uninterested. Well, it's not really acting when you really are uninterested. I was happy when they finally left.

"Well," said my mom afterward. "Andrew really seemed to like you."

I nodded my head.

"I think you could've been a bit nicer to him though," my mother said.

I just nodded my head again.

"Are you listening to me?" she asked.

"Yes," I said. I looked at her and saw that she didn't look very happy. "I'm sorry Mom. I'm just really tired. I think I'll go to bed."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. And sorry this chapter sucks :/
Comments??
~Sally