Got Me Going Crazy

The Doorbell

~~Joe's POV~~

"HEY GUYS!" I called out. They turned around and all at once, they started smiling. It was a bit creepy. I looked down. My family was staring at Lily and mine's intertwined hands. I blushed a little bit, and looked up to see that Lily was blushing, too. It was so cute, I couldn't help but smile a little.

Nick was the first to break the silence. "So, Joe... when were you gonna tell us that you and Lily are dating?" I grinned.

"Uhhh... actually... RIGHT NOW. Nicholas...Lily and I are dating." I glanced over at Lily, who was now red with embarassment. I chuckled inside my head. She looked at me confused. Okay, so we weren't officially 'dating' yet... but in my mind we were. Plus, she had told me she liked me!

Kevin looked over at us again. "Wow." It was silent for a long moment.

I broke the silence by screaming "AAAHH IT'S TOO QUIET! I'M GONNA GO MAD!" I took Lily with me to the living room. I pointed the remote control to the TV and pressed POWER. The TV flickered, and onto the screen came a picture of Chelsea and me.

Oh great.

I turned over to look at Lily, maybe to kiss her to distract her, but her eyes were glued to the TV screen. I sighed and watched the news.

"Joe Jonas and Chelsea Staub... still going? Or SPLIT?" said the blonde lady on TV. She was holding up a picture of Chelsea and me kissing on the lips and I wanted to turn my head away. But I wanted to know if they had false news about me. "Apparently, Joe and Chelsea have officially SPLIT, says reliable sources," the blonde lady said calmly.

Reliable sources? Probably Chelsea running to paparazzi and crying her butt off, screaming "JOE HATES ME!"

Oh well. I turned off the TV as the news started to go into a "We Found Bigfoot!" story and looked at Lily. She was still staring at the TV; although it was off. I tapped on her shoulder. "Lily?" She looked at me then smiled. She went up and kissed me on the lips hard. I was surprised, so we both fell back on the couch. She giggled.

What was up with her? One second, she's hypnotized... the next she's kissing me. Oh well...

I liked it! I kissed her back and smiled up at her. She smiled back, but then her face was suddenly serious. This girl should be an actress.

"Hey, Joe... about that back there..."

Oh man. This was what I was waiting for. I felt my palms starting to sweat. I don't know why, though. I was never nervous around most girls.

"Well, you said you liked me... so..."

She cut me off. "But we're not officially 'boyfriend and girlfriend' yet." I frowned a little.

"Oh, well... yeah, I guess you could say that." The ends of her mouth creeped up a little.

"My question is... do you like ME, Joe?" I nodded. She laughed. "Okay, that's good. Well, then; Joseph Adams Jonas... do you want to be my boyfriend?" I looked at her confused.

"Aren't I supposed to ask you that?"

"I'm not a boy." I laughed.

"Okay, I'll be your boyfriend. On one condition!" I saw her flawless face grow confused and slightly disappointed. Haha, it was my turn to be the actress! I mean, erm....actor.

"What's that, Joey?" I LOVED that nickname. It sounded awesome when she said it. Cute, too.

"... will you be my girlfriend?" She laughed.

"Of course!" I grinned.

"YAY! And to celebrate, I declare some celebratory soda! Be right back, Silly Lily." I kissed her on her forehead and she smiled. I ran to the refridgerator and opened it. Man, where had all these diet Dr. Pepper's and Diet Cokes come from? I thought about it. Oh, Nick. Well I bet he wouldn't mind if I took two of those. I was wrong. As I closed the fridge with the two cans of Diet Coke in my hands, I found Nick glaring at me. "AHHH! What the heck?! Where did YOU come from?" He didn't answer and I joked, "Geez...share!" I laughed and ran back
to the living room. I found Lily there just humming to herself. If I didn't know any better, she was humming our song 'Lovebug' to herself. She looked up and saw me holding the two diet sodas. I handed one to her and she laughed.

"We're goin' on a diet, Joey??" I chuckled.

"Yup. It's for all that pizza you ate a while a-" I stopped and laughed to myself. "Oh, wait. You didn't eat anything." I looked at her with worry in my eyes. "Are you hungry, Lily? I could go get you something to eat."

"I'm fine, Joe." As if fate had told us to, Lily and I opened our cans at the same exact time because I heard the click.

But then I also heard... and felt...something I shouldn't have.

"AAAAHHH!" we both screamed in unison as Diet Coke shot at our faces and onto our clothes. As soon as it was done spraying its contents out onto me, I set my can down on the coffee table in front of us. I glanced over at Lily. She was still shocked, and holding the can tightly. I laughed. "You're messy." She smiled and looked over at me.

"Speak for yourself." As if I believed I could magically swipe away the soda stains from my face, shirt, and pants... I tried to wipe them with my hands. It only made them smudge.

"Man, didn't we just change?" She giggled.

"YUP! Lucky, aren't we?" I laughed and took her soaking-with-soda-wet hand. We stopped in our tracks as my mom came down the stairs. She took an examination of us, then laughed.

"Did you guys fill the water guns with soda?" We both smiled.

"Nope, Joe just shook the Diet Coke cans," Lily said sweetly.

My mom smiled at us again, then walked away, muttering, "You two are too cute."

~~Lily's POV~~

"I'll race you upstairs!" Joe screamed to me.

"It's not comfortable running in these wet sweat pants."

He pouted. I laughed. "Fine."

"Okay, here we go, Lily. I mean loser! I'm gonna beat youu!" I grinned.

"On your marks, get set...g-" Joe started running and I called to him. "Wait, my phone is ringing!!!" I ran back to the kitchen and found my phone on the kitchen table; playing the song Video Girl by none other than, the Jonas Brothers. I looked at the caller ID and pressed the green CALL button. "Mom?" I spoke into the phone's mic.

"Honey? What took you so long to answer the phone?" She sounded a little worried.

"Hahaha, nothing, mom. Me and Joe were about to race."

She laughed and I heard my little sister's voice in the back saying, "Aren't they both 18?" I smiled.

"So.... why did you call?"

"Oh, I just wanted to check if it's okay with you if you can sleep over there tonight. I'm taking Camille over to her first dance! I'm chaperoning!!" I laughed quietly to myself.

"Hey, mom, can I talk to Camille for a second?"

"Sure thing." I could hear the phone switching hands to my little sister, and I also heard her leaving the room; because it became silent.

"What's up, Lily?" she whispered.

"Have fun at your first school dance. It'll be just perfect with mom there." I smiled to myself. She groaned and complained.

"It's not my fault. I was trying to hide the volunteer papers from her, until she cleaned my room!" I chuckled.

"Just stay as far away possible from her, Cammy." I heard my sister laugh.

"Okay. Have fun over there with Joe." Joe? Oh. Joe. OH.

"Uh-huh, yeah, OK. Well, I gotta go now. Have fun there, now!" I hung up and turned around.

There, sitting on the steps of the stairs was my new boyfriend. I smiled. "We never got to race."

"It's okay, I've had enough running for today." I giggled.

"Hey, can we go up to your room?"

"Sure." I grabbed his hand and we sprinted up to his room.

I stepped into his closet and said, "Man, I wish this was my closet. It's so huge." I turned to him. "You could get lost in here." He laughed.

"Yeah, I have gotten myself into that situation once or twice." I smiled, ran to his bed and jumped on it. Aahh, it was so soft and squishy. I could lay here all day. I sat up and looked at Joe.

"Hey, guess what, Joey??"

"What?"

"I get to sleep here!" His eyes lit up with happiness.

"Really?" he squeaked. I giggled. "I mean..." he coughed. "REALLY?" he said in his macho voice. He looked at me and I laughed.

"Yeah, but there's just one rule," I said in a serious voice. Joe smiled.

"What's that?"

"I'm sleeping on the floor." He frowned a little bit.

"No, you're my guest. You should be sleeping on the bed." I shook my head.

"No, Joe, this is your house. I wanna be the polite guest. Sleep in your own bed, I'll go on the floor." Joe smirked.

"You wanna be the polite guest? Do what I say. We sleep together on the bed." I was a little shocked at what he just said.

"Uhh... Joe. You know how wrong that sounded... and no. I'm not going to sleep in your bed... especially with you. That could lead to..." I paused. "...trouble." Joe laughed.

"Oh, come on, Lily. You know I'm a good boy. I promise I won't do anything BAD." I laughed.

"Fine, then. But we're going to go to sleep RIGHT AWAY, okay?" He grinned.

"Of course." I smiled and leaned forward to kiss him on the cheek. I was so close when...

DING-DONG!

The doorbell... the stinkin' doorbell rang... again. Does it always have to interrupt me. "Be right back, Joey."

"Okay, but be back soon!" I smiled.

"Of course!" I ran downstairs and opened the door. There, standing in front of me with an obvious fake smile on her face... was Chelsea Staub.
♠ ♠ ♠
LOL sorry kind of short! I'm having writer's "slump" right now. :) ENJOY!