Sharlot and the War Council

Chapter Six

The Invitation:

A sneer ripped through the campsite and soon everyone was at the ready. We knew that hesitation could mean death and no one wanted to die. On our feet we all move close to each other ready to fight whatever was headed our way. I felt my chest rumble and I returned the sneer with one of my own. A twig cracked, I turned to face the direction in which the noise came from and out comes a demon. A little demon with horns twice its size looked directly at me.

“I am not here to fight.” His voice was that of a dying human weak and crackled. “I am here to tell you that illot expects you.” He laughed and his laugh even seeped fear. “You better be good if you expect to make it past him.” This amused him even more. “Good luck little ones.” He said as he retreated with an evil smirk on his face that sent chills up my spin. What does he mean make it pass him? Is he implying that more lays beyond iiloit? That some one was controlling him?

My mind stayed fixed on that smile it reminded me of the guy who killed me in my old life. That chill was the fear from that old memory. That couldn’t be him though he would be more powerful in his second life and far more fearsome then a lackey. Still I couldn’t shake the fear that that smile placed on me. It was like a curse.

I was now going to face my greatest challenge in an attempt to save my parents. I was gonna face the crime lord of the werewolf world. The man who had killed so many of my kind he wears a coat of their skin. His hatred burned so strongly that he refused to acknowledge the weak laws in place to establish some form of peace. This wasn't what I was used to and I could barley remember my carefree days only months ago. I faced my army and nodded, the signal for us to head out.
♠ ♠ ♠
+O comment