‹ Prequel: Fur Immer Heilig Sein
Status: Hiatus, but you already guessed that. Chapters may be coming soon, but VERY slowly.

Dann Sind Wir Endlich Frei

Running Scared

Tom’s POV

…A; an uncle. How did I not think of that before?! I’m uncle, to twins boys. My brother is starting a family. He’s getting married. He has children. A big new house. What if people expect me to settle down as well?! I felt my eyes widen. Ah well, I won’t be any time soon. Maybe Emily’s got some for hott friends that come over for the wedding…

‘We get to go home in about an hour or so. If Tom decides to… snap out of it!’ Bill clicked his fingers with his free hand.

‘Good, this hospital robe is itching me.’ Emily uttered while pulling it back over her chest Zach asleep in her arms. It wasn’t long before she had fallen asleep again and I took Zach from her. He was so tiny and squiggly and stuff. I just wanted to poke his little cheek. I’m going to. We’re going home as soon as Emily wakes up and changes what harm can it do? I pressed my finger gently to his cheek, his skin was soft! Oh… oh what’s that sound. Oh no, no be quiet! Please don’t cry… oh man… I stood in the door way not knowing what to do. Emily was sleeping and if she heard she’d wake, she’s really tired so that’s not good. Bill’s gone to get blankets for Tom and Zach. While everyone else was else where chatting. I was on my own! What do I do?!

I tried rocking him back and forth but that did nothing. Then I tried from side to side. I heard Emily talking about it once while she was reading a book on babies. But all he did was throw up a little bit. I saw Bill walking down the corridor. I looked around to try and hide. I didn’t want him to think I’m stupid! I headed the other way down the corridor. But I couldn’t go to quick, otherwise I’d trip over my trousers like usual. To be honest, I don’t want to be responsible for dropping a day old baby. I went round the corner and nearly crashed into Gustav.

‘Jesus, you should be more careful carrying that thing around. You’ll hurt it. What’s that noise?’ He said looking round then he suddenly realised he was being stupid and looked down at Zach. ‘You absolute idiot Tom. What did you do?’

‘Well look at him, he’s got chubby squiggy cheeks. I just wanted to squige them and then he… woke up! You’ve gotta help me Gustav. It’s hurting my ears!’

‘You should never wake a sleeping baby. Damn, Emily reads those books to often. She’s drilled it all into our heads! You trying swinging it side to side?’

‘Yes I’ve done all that and it still won’t stop. All he did was puke on my new jacket! Seriously help me!’ I pleaded, if they were free I’d get down on my hands and knees.

‘Well Georg’s the gay one. He should know. Or you could just go give him to Emily.’ He suggested. I explained that she was sleeping and didn’t want to wake her which he understood. We saw a tall figure coming down the hall way, Bill… again! Can’t he just go somewhere he’s needed? Like… the hospital. Oh, man this is the hospital! ‘Quick in here!’ He dragged me into a little room off the side, we left the door open slightly. We could still see Bill he stopped right in front of the door and Mum went to him.

‘Mum, you seen Tom anywhere? He’s got Zach. I can’t find him.’ This baby is still crying, he can’t like me. He can’t! It’s just not possible…

‘I haven’t seen them sorry Honey. Have you tried in the nursery?’

‘I’ve been everywhere and I still can’t… hold on. What’s that?’ He stopped talking and listened carefully. He yanked the door open, nearly off it’s hinges. ‘Tom! What are you doing in there?! And… he’s crying! What did you do?!’ Bill took Zach from me who seemed to calm a little… but then he started balling again.

‘I’m sorry! He just looked so cute, I couldn’t help it. All I did was feel his cheek! It was really soft… sorry. I wanted to calm him down before you found us, I don’t want you to think I’m really bad with them.’ It’s true, I have a sensitive side. I don’t want Bill to think I’m bad at looking after his kids.

‘I, I don’t think you’re bad with them. At least you didn’t wake Emily, you tried to take care of him yourself and, I’m proud of that. Gustav, what you doing in here…?’

‘I was just umm… umm… Looking at the plastering on the ceiling. Great bit of plastering that. Nice and umm… even.’ We all just gave him odd looks. At least he didn’t tell Bill I went looking for help. But the plastering, seriously?

‘Well, I suppose we’d best go wake her, She asleep still, I left Tom in the crib next to her bed. Well, I can’t make him be quiet can I?’ He chuckled then headed back for her. Well if I knew he was going to say that I wouldn’t have bothered running and hiding!

We went in to find her completely out. But as soon as she heard Zach crying she sat up and asked for him. Looking completely tired she lay back with him and he calmed as she “shh-ed” him and rock him gently stroking his head. Her eyelids began to fall again.

‘Emily, come on beautiful get up. We need to take them home.’ Bill ushered setting himself down on the bed. She batted her hand at him and screwed up her face clearly not ready to move. He tried kissing her cheek but she nearly slapped him if he hadn’t moved. ‘You can get straight into our big, comfy bed when we get back. You can out of that robe and the twins can sleep with you in their cribs. And I’ll get in next to you. And you can just sleep for as long as you like all cuddled up to me and…’

‘… Ok, ok. I’m up. I’m up. I’m here. Take me home and get me in that bed with you.’ Wow what?!’ Mum just looked at her weirdly which Emily seemed to notice. ‘To sleep, so I can sleep… oh come on I’m exhausted I don’t wanna have sex right now! And if he’s going to make this happen again any time soon then he’ can go sleep in a different bed…’ Mum giggled then left the room shutting the door.

‘Were you being serious when you said I have to sleep in a different bed?’ Bill whimpered.

‘No we can fuck all you want when I got my energy back.’

‘Hello! I’m still here.’ I raised my hands innocently.

‘This is your area of expertise Tom, so be quiet.’ She laughed then got up after Bill took Zach. I left the room for her to change. Once they’d come out carrying a twin each we headed for their new house in a great line of cars and taxi’s.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope I didn't scare you all with the title too much...xD
When I wrote that title all I thought of was Bill running away from the hospital wondering how he would cope x]]
But thankfully, that's not what i wrote!

comments?