Where the Sky Begins

Chapter 13

"And, besides the fact that my parents were making me come, I had to get away..." tears streamed down my face. "from.......Wade." Nate pulled me closer into him, tousling my hair and wiping a tear off of my cheek.

We were still in my room, and I was telling him how my abusive ex, Wade, had completely shattered my life, and taken away any trust I had left. But somehow, somewhere deep inside of me, I had found some of that trust. Nate was different. I knew it would sound cheesy if I ever said it outloud, but it made sense to me. I felt, comfortable around him, complete. I don't know how, but slowly, day by day, every minute I spent with him helped to ease the pain. A few hours ago, I had actually kissed him.

"Shh." he whispered. "Don't cry. I've got you." he kissed my head, and wiped another tear off of my damp cheek. He pulled a blanket up to my chin. "Plus," he said, his whispering turned into a low growl. "If I ever see that bastard I will make him wish he never touched you."

I smiled and brushed a piece of hair out of his face.

"Go to sleep." he told me. "I'll see you in the morning."

I looked at him. "You'll stay?"

He kissed my forehead again. "Of course.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked at the clock. 7:30. But I couldn’t sleep anymore. I quietly sprung off of the bed, leaving Nate still asleep. I crept down the stairs, as I heard my aunt’s car pull out of the driveway.

I opened the fridge, poured some milk and cereal and sat down.

Just then, there was a knock on the door.

Hmm. Maybe my aunt forgot her keys or something.

I trudged to the door. As soon as I opened it, I wished I hadn’t. I tried to slam it shut, but he caught it, and pryed it open.

He was stronger than me.

I tried to run upstairs, to Nate. He caught me by the arms and pinned them behind my back. And then it clicked. He had been the one watching me that day on the beach. He had been watching me the whole time, seeing who I was with, what I was doing.

“Wade. You get the hell away from me. Go home. Now. I’ll call the cops. I’ll-“ He leaned down and whispered in my ear, “And what?? You left me you little slut. And now, you're in love with him.” He snarled.

"I'm not." I choked out.

He spun me around, and slapped me. I held my hand up to my face, back away from him.

He leaped toward me, punching me in the stomach. I went reeling into the kitchen counter, slamming my head against the corner.

I sunk down onto the floor, my head throbbing.

Please, Nate. Wake up. Dear God, please. I thought, as Wade kicked me in the side. “Get up, damn it.” He demanded.

There was no emotion, no sympathy behind his eyes. Only rage. I felt something crack. Probably a rib. My body completely froze, I couldn’t get up. The sound sickened me.

“Please, Wade.” I whispered. And then, everything went black. I could still hear, but it sounded only like background noise. I curled up, and then, I suppose, I fainted. But not before I heard Nate’s voice behind me. “Get away from her.” He growled.
♠ ♠ ♠
yes, yes i know. it's been awhile since an update. *winces* i'm sorry!

but there you go. new update(: commentie, loves?
and check out lock_on_heart stuff. she is completely amazing and will take your breath away.