Where the Sky Begins

Chapter 7

Nate stood up. "This is Emmy. She's here for the summer." he said, looking down.

She stomped closer to him and grabbed his hand. "Naty what is going on?? Are you cheating on me with some bitch you picked up off the street?!" she yelled in his face.

"I'm not doing anything. And don't talk about her like that." Suddenly, she drew her arm back and slapped him hard across the face.

"What the hell, Vanessa??" he gaped at her.

I was starting to feel very uncomfortable, and I wondered if I should go. I started to pick up my things and walk away, when I heard Nate call after me. "Emmy! Wait."

But Vanessa continued to yell at him. "I'm NOT through with you!! Just who the hell do you think you are anyway???" Her yelling continued to grow more distant and far off as I started to run back to my house.

Shit. I had forgotten my cell phone. But I was definitly not going back.

Oh, God. I thought. Maybe I should just quit my job too. That could get awkward working with Nate.

Plus, Vanessa will just get even more pissed if I keep working there. I don't need more enemies than I had friends in this town. I decided to tell Nate I would quit first thing in the morning.

I unlocked the front door, panting from running all the way back to my house, and continued to sprint as I lept up the stairs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------Next Morning

"Nate??" I said, as I pulled open the door to the smoothie shack.

"Back here Emmy." he said, and I followed his voice.

The place still hadn't opened yet, and it was just us two.

"Hi." I smiled.

"Hey," he said back, "I'm..........I'm really sorry about yesterday."

"Oh." I said. "It's nothing....Um, I actaully wanted to talk to you about something..." I started.

"Sure," he said, hopping up one counter.

"Um, I think it would be best if I....uh, found a different job."

His mouth just about hit the floor. "What?? Why??" he jumped off the counter, only inches away from my face.

"I just think....I mean, Vanessa...." but that's all I could say, before he grabbed me around the waist and kissed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love comments. *HINT HINT* So, if you're thinking "Hmm, should I leave a comment? It will only take a few seconds." Then you definitly should. Because that's an excellent idea.
(:

Thanks for reading!