Where the Sky Begins

Chapter 8

I pulled back after a few moments. "What are you doing?" I gasped. "Trying to make me.....I don't know.......like you or something?" I knew that was a really lame way to put it, but I was kind of at a loss for words by now.

"Is it working??" he smiled.

I just stared at the beautiful face in front of me, trying to figure out what had just happened. "I-I have to go." I said, still feeling light-headed and dizzy.

I grabbed my bag and ran to my car, but not before I looked back at his face. He looked like a wounded puppy.

Who did he think he was?? He had a girlfriend....not that I liked her or anything but, still. I was so confused right now, and honestly, a little scared.

As soon as I pulled into the driveway, I ran inside and up to my room. Crap. I thought. I never actaully quit my job. I looked at the clock. Only 8:00. Lovely. What was I supposed to do now??

I decided to go for a walk on the beach. He wouldn't be there, he was supposed to be working. I changed into a my bathing suit, and only threw on a hoodie with cropped sleeves over it, with my slip on vans, and headed for my car.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked up at the sky as I dragged my feet in the sand. It was getting dark. I knew I should go home, but..........

It was so nice outside. Even though I had been on the beach for the whole day, I couldn't really get tired of the splashing water and the warm sand.

I still couldn't wrap my head around what had happened with Nate this morning. I didn't even know what I thought about it, about him. I mean, yeah. Verrryy attractive. But, I was still wary. I didn't want another Wade. *the abusive ex*

I heard a shell crunch behind me. I slowly turned around. Nothing. But as I kept walking, I felt like someone was following me...

Or watching me.

Oh, Emmy. Shut up. I thought. You're just being paranoid. But then I turned around and I saw a pair of eyes. Looking at me from behind the dunes.

"Hey baby, come 'ere." the stranger purred at me. And I took off running down the beach.

Why wasn't anyone out here to see this?? To help me?? As I turned around to see if he was still chasing me, I felt something hit my head.

Hard. I flew back, and promptly passed out. Right as I heard the footsteps coming closer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Emmy." I heard someone hiss at me. Where was I?? Dead, probably. I could feel a light shining in my face.

"Eeeemmmyyyy." someone breathed into my ear again. I slowly opened my eyes. Oh. The bright light was only a lamp. And..........Nate?!

"Oh thank God." he said, and turned to someone next to him. My aunt. "She's going to be fine, I think."

My aunt smiled. "Oh thank you Nate, I'm so glad you found her." He nodded. "No problem," he said, flashing a grin. "I think I'm gonna take her up to her room so she can sleep."

I felt two arms wrap around me, and my head slowly lifted off.......whatever I was on. "Hold on to me." he said, and I groggily obeyed, wrapping my arms around his neck as he carried me upstairs.

He set me lightly on the bed, covered me up, and walked to the door, turning off the lights. "Bye." he whispered, and turned around, about to walk out the door.

"Wait-" I managed to croak out. He turned around and looked at me. "Could you-" I paused. Wow, was I dellusional to ask this. "Could you............stay for awhile??" I whispered.

He paused and nodded, and walked over to my bed. "Scoot." he said.

I moved over, and he layed down beside me, looking up at the ceiling, with his hands behind his head. "Goodnight, Emmy." he whispered, and kissed me softly on the forehead. I didn't object this time.

God, I must be losing my mind, I thought. But soon, I fell asleep, Nate beside me.

When I woke up, I felt something..........something around me. Oh. Nate's arm. I turned around, to see Nate looking at me.

"BOO!" he shouted as I sleepily turned around to face him. "AHHH!" I said, abruptly sitting up. "Nate, what the hell??" I said, but I couldn't contain my laughter.

He looked so cute, with his lopsided grin, and hair mussed up, sticking out in random places. Ahhh..
♠ ♠ ♠
AHH! So looonggg compared to my other chapters. Muahahaha.

Ok so, anyways. Like I always say, I love comments. And if you give me one, it will make my day. (:

Oh yeah, and this chapter is dedicated to lock_on_heart. Cuz she's awesome.