God Bless the Broken Road

Speechless, Breathless

Leigh Ann awoke to the sound of her phone ringing. She dug it out of her pocket and groggily answered, “Hello?”

“Morning princess, did I wake you?” Joe’s energetic voice boomed through the speaker.

Leigh Ann rolled her eyes, only Joe. Wait a minute, Joe?

“Joe? Where are you?” She asked as she unsuccessfully tried to stifle a yawn.

“In the car, we had to check over wardrobe this morning.”

“What? What time is it? Why didn’t you wake me up?” Leigh Ann asked as she began to panic.

Joe laughed, “Calm down Leigh Ann, it’s only eight and I couldn’t bring myself to wake you up this morning; you looked so peaceful. Besides we’re actually headed home now.”

Leigh Ann blushed, “Oh, so are you guys finished for the day?”

“Actually that’s why I called. We’re dropping mom off at the house so she can finish packing, then we are headed to rehearsal. I was wondering if you wanted to come with us,” Joe asked.

Leigh Ann sighed, “Joe, I would love to but I can’t; I have to pack.”

“Oh come on, you can do that when we get back; please,” He begged.

“Joe I can’t, I really do have to pack.”

Joe sighed, “Fine you win, but if you change your mind …”

“Joe.”

“Alright, I’ll stop. I guess I’ll talk to you later, bye Princess.”

“Bye Joe.”

As Leigh Ann closed her phone she placed her hand over her heart as if to calm it. From day one she knew she was attracted to him, but now. Well now it was sensory overload every time he was around. Hearing his voice made her pulse race, seeing his smile made her smile, feeling his touch made her shiver and just the thought of those beautifully kissable lips of his made her weak in the knees.

Leigh Ann shook her head as if to clear her thoughts as she headed to her room to pack.

XXXXX

Within an hour and a half Leigh Ann had managed to pack most of her things and only had a bit more to do, so she decided to take a brake and grab a bite to eat.

By the time she made it down to the kitchen and began to rummage through the fridge she was greeted with the sound of the lock on the kitchen door turning.

“Morning, “Mrs. Jonas greeted as she nudged the door closed.

“Morning,” Leigh Ann replied

Mrs. Jonas handed a Starbucks cup and a bag to Leigh Ann, “We stopped at Starbucks and the boys bought you this.”

Leigh Ann smiled, “That was sweet of them.”

Mrs. Jonas smiled, “Well, I’m off to finish packing; if you need anything just let me know.”

As Mrs. Jonas began to head out of the room Leigh Ann called to her, “Mrs. Jonas?”

Mrs. Jonas turned around, “Yes?”

“Just a quick question, I know the boys are all single, but if the do meet someone; how does that work with them on tour.”

Mrs. Jonas looked taken about by the question, “Well, they see them as much as their schedule allows and if they have the chance, they invite them to a concert or two. Why do you ask?”

“Oh no reason, I was just curious.” She replied.

Mrs. Jonas nodded in response and began to head back towards the stairs, only to stop and turn back around, “Leigh Ann I have to ask; is something going on between you and Joseph?”

Leigh Ann blushed,” Umm, Mrs. Jonas, I can honestly say that there is nothing going on between Joe and me.”

Mrs. Jonas smiled, “But you like him don’t you sweetie.”

Leigh Ann blushed in response.

Mrs. Jonas laughed, “Don’t worry you don’t have to answer that, but I think you should know that from the way he looks at you sometimes, I’m pretty sure he likes you too.”

Leigh Ann stared in shock at Mrs. Jonas’ retreating back. There was no possible way that Joe liked her; he saw her as just a friend right?

Leigh Ann continued to contemplate this as she finished her breakfast and headed back to her room to finish packing.

XXXXX

A few hours later Leigh Ann found herself with just one bag left to pack. Se had waited to pack this last because it was the most important. She unzipped the bag and set to work.

She looked up from what she was doing when she heard a knock at her door.

“Come in," She stated as she continued to pack the bag in front of her.

Upon noticing it was Joe she smiled, "Hey, how did rehearsal go?"

“It went well; you should have come," Joe said with a little pout.

Leigh Ann smiled at Joe, “I know, but I really just wanted to makes sure I had everything ready for tomorrow."

"What else could you possibly have to do, your luggage has been packed since this morning," Joe said as he motioned to the large pink suitcase and its matching carry on sitting in the corner.

Leigh Ann motioned to her bed, " My to the rescue bag."

Joe furrowed his brow in confusion, "Your what?"

Leigh Ann laughed, “My to the rescue bag, or my concert bag as you would call it. It's what I'm going to carry with me during your meet and greets, interviews and such."

"What's in it," Joe asked as he got up to get a better look.

"Well lets see, first we have extra posters, just in case someone forgets to bring something for you to sign. Then we have a disposable camera, and guitar picks just in case. Next, I have sharpies galore because there's no need for a full out fan girl riot over a dried out sharpie. Then there's the Starbucks emergency fund, complements of Kevin. Some power bars in case any of you get hungry. Some travel games for when Frankie gets bored, and a cooler that will hold Nick's emergency insulin and some drinks for you guys in case any of you get thirsty."

Joe stared at her in awe, “You just think of everything don't you."

Leigh Ann giggled, “I try, I just hope I don't forget anything," She added as she zipped the bag up and set it beside her luggage.

Joe scoffed as he flopped across her bed, “Like what, the kitchen sink?”

Leigh Ann rolled her eyes, picked up a pillow and slung it at Joe, “You dear sir, are no comedian.”

The shock registered in Joe’s eyes, “You did not just hit me with a pillow.”

“So what if I did?” Leigh Ann teased as she got ready to hit him again.

This time Joe was ready; he grabbed the pillow mid swing and pulled causing Leigh Ann to fall on top of him with a resounding squeal.

“Joooeee” Leigh Ann laughed.

‘What?” He teased as he put his hands on her waist causing her to squirm.

Joe smirked. It looks like someone’s ticklish. He tentatively ran his finger tips down her left side causing her to squirm again.

That would be a definite yes.

Leigh Ann tried unsuccessfully to wiggle out of Joes arms when she noticed the mischievous glint in his eyes, “Joe don’t you dare…”

Too late, Leigh Ann’s laughter rang throughout the room as Joe began to tickle her unmercifully.

“J-Jooeee, please st-stop,” Leigh Ann cried out between laughs as she tried to get out of his grasp. All she succeeded in doing was falling to the floor and pulling Joe with her.

As Joe landed on top of her Leigh Ann stopped laughing. Her body was on high alert. Her heart was pounding, her stomach was fluttering with thousands of butterfly wings, and she was shaking.

As Joe stared down at her everything melted away and as brown eyes locked with brown, Leigh Ann found herself glancing down at his lips; only to find Joe doing the same. She found herself moving her head a fraction of an inch up as he moved his a fraction of an inch down. Their foreheads touched, their noses slightly bumped. Leigh Ann felt his nervous intake of breath on her cheek as she closed her eyes.

“Dinner’s ready,” Mrs. Jonas’ voice rang through out the house.

Leigh Ann’s eyes popped open. The mood had been broken. She flushed a deep crimson as she pushed Joe off of her and fled from the room.

Joe stayed where he was and with a soft groan banged his head on the floor.

He was so close, yet so far.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo, did you like it?? I personally loved the ending of this chapter! I’ve had this planned for a while and have just been itching to work it in, lol…. Oh and would anyone by chance want to make a banner for this story or my other JB fic, Hello Nurse, Meet Kevin Jonas?? I would love you forever if you would!!

Comments are loved and appreciated!!