Sequel: On and On

The Good Life

Chapter 38

Our plane landed in Salt Lake at 2 AM. We rented a car and drove the next hour to the cabin. I thought I would have passed out due to exhaustion by now, but I was wide awake, talking with Joe, laughing, the smile couldn’t be wiped off my face, I was so happy and content. Everything had finally fallen into place.

We pulled in the driveway and I smiled. “The place I love to be with the person I love to love.” I said leaning over and pulling his face to mine, pressing my lips against his. The kiss quickly escalated and he pulled me over into his lap so that I was straddling his waist, facing him. I ran my hands through his hair and softly pulled massaging his tongue with mine causing a moan to escape his mouth. I pulled back and smiled down at him. He attempted to reconnect our lips but I pressed my finger against his lip and shook my head, “Inside.” I whispered.

I climbed off his lap and grabbed an armload of my stuff out the back dragging it to the house. Joe walked ahead of me to open the door and I shuffled past him and into the bedroom throwing all my stuff down. Joe came in after me and I heard him drop his stuff. I smiled a few seconds later when his arms snaked around my waist from behind. “Why do your pants say Jonas?” He asked, I could hear the grin in his voice. I smiled, I had bought a pair of sweatpants off their website that had ‘Jonas’ printed on the butt to wear on the way here, I was proud of my new last name. “Because, it’s my last name now, too and I wanted to wear them.” I spun in his arms, grinning up at him. “It’s kind of like a label.” He said shrugging. “A label?” I asked scrunching my nose. “Yeah.” He said leaning close to my ear, “So everyone knows that your ass is mine.” He said running his hands down my back and giving my butt a soft squeeze. I scoffed, “How very romantic of you.” He chuckled, his hot breath running over my ear and then he softly kissed my earlobe. The laugh that escaped my throat quickly changed into a low whimper, my fingers entangling themselves in the hair at the back of his neck.

He trailed his kisses down my jaw, to cover my neck and down to the hollow of my collarbone and all the way back up softly sucking the tender skin on my neck, I leaned my head back, letting the pleasure take over my body, low moans escaping from my throat. Joe fingered the hem of my sweatshirt slowly bringing it over my head and dropping it to the floor. His eyes locked on mine and he pressed his forehead against mine, “I love you.” He said smiling, his lips barely touching mine. I rubbed my nose against his, “I love you too.” I breathed out.

His kisses trailed down my neck again and I worked on unbuttoning his shirt. I pushed it off and threw it near my sweatshirt. He finally rested his hand on the back of my neck and pulled my face to his, capturing my lips with his own in a mind-blowing passionate kiss. He peeled off my t shirt and walked us backwards until I felt the bed behind me. I slowly sat and leaned back, never breaking the kiss, as Joe hovered over me. I slid my hands up and down his bare sides, goose bumps rose all over his body and he reached behind me and unclasped my bra with one hand, sliding it off and throwing it to the growing pile of clothes.

I let my eyes drift closed and he kissed each of my eyelids before ducking down and kiss the skin he just exposed. I arched my back in response and moaned his name, winding my hands into his hair and tugging softly. He softly sponged kisses from my chest to my stomach, until he reached the top of my sweat pants where he slowly inched them down and took them off one leg at a time. We were moving at an extremely slow pace but it was making it all the more worth while, I was breathing heavily with anticipation. He ran his hands up my legs, over my hips, up my chest and to the back of my neck, pulling me up to meet his lips.

I tugged at his sweatpants and slowly inched them down and they slid to the floor. I flipped him over so that I was straddling his waist and drug my finger from tracing his lips down his chest, to the elastic of his boxers, I dipped my hand in and watched his head roll back into the pillows as my hand slowly ran along the length of him, feeling him get bigger with each pass. His hands gripped at my hips, “Kayden.” He moaned out. I smiled and leaned over him softly kissing his lips. I rocked back on my heels and slowly pulled his boxers down and threw them carelessly to the ground. He flipped me over and scooted down, sucking on my right hip bone long enough for a small hickey to form. He looked up at me and smirked before hooking his fingers around my underwear and slowly pulling them off my legs and tossing them on the floor.

I slid my hands into his hair and pulled him back up to me, carefully positioning my legs around him. I pressed my mouth onto his and his tongue traced my lips, I gave him entrance and he kissed me long and slow until he gently pulled back and looked at me closely, his lip bitten and I felt him against me, he slid in between my legs, and I gripped the skin of his shoulders, “Mm. Joe.” I sighed at the feeling of him. He moved slowly back in forth, our bodies in sync with each other, our eyes locked, both caught up in the passion of the moment. It was slow and gentle, each move full of love. His kisses layered all over my exposed skin and my hands ran along the contours of his body.

I pulled him closer to me and swayed my hips in motion with his, my back arched into him. We both lasted a long time, not stopping in between each release and cry of pleasure. I don’t know how long we went on for, but when Joe finally rolled over next to me, we were both covered in a thick layer of sweat that had collected on our bodies and the sun was barely starting to peek through the window. “I love you.” I panted in between breaths, cuddling into Joe’s side. He pulled me closer to him, his breath trying to regulate, “I love you, too.” He breathed out, leaning over and kissing the side of my head.

I felt Joe moving next to me. My eyes fluttered open and met with his and I smiled. He moved his face closer to mine on the pillow, “Hey.” He said running his fingers over my cheek. I reached up and picked up his hand and spun his ring around his finger and then kissed it. I turned my attention back to Joe, he was grinning at me, “You’re amazing, you know that?” I smiled and moved closer to him, he wrapped his arms around my bare back and I snuggled into his neck, “I love you, do you know that?” I asked him against his neck. He laughed, his throat vibrating against my cheek, “Oh, is that what you were telling me last night?” He asked. I laughed and sat up, wrapping the sheet around me and glancing at the clock, 2:26. “I’m hungry and it’s freezing in here.” I said shivering.

I felt the bed shift and then Joe pushing my hair off my shoulder and his hot breath on my neck, “Well, let’s see if I can warm you up.” I leaned back into him and he kissed down my neck to my shoulder, his hands found my hips and he filled my body over so that I was straddling him. He laid down and I followed, keeping my lips attached to his. After a few moments I felt him in between my legs and I pulled back, bracing my hands against his chest and slowly lowering myself onto him. We both groaned at the contact and I threw my head back, slowly grinding my hips against his. When I was sure we were both completely satisfied, I laid down on his chest, catching my breath and listening to his heartbeat. I kissed his collarbone and sat up. He was looking at me with an adorable grin plastered on his face, “I think I could get used to this.” He said wraooing his arms around mem making me laugh. I leaned down planting my lips against his. “Now. I. Need. Food.” I said pecking his lips between each word.

We got up and dressed and drove down to the lodge to eat at the small restaurant that was set up inside. When we got back, Joe sat me down on the couch, “Wait here.” He said. “I’ll be right back.” I nodded and smiled and he pecked my lips before running towards the back door. He come back a few minutes later and grabbed my hands. “Come on.” He pressed his front against my back and covered my eyes, walking us forward. He uncovered my eyes and we were on the back deck. There was a hot tub with candles set up around it. I turned to him, “Joe.” I sighed wrapping my arms around his neck. “It’s perfect.” I pressed my lips against his, “When did we get a hot tub, though?” I laughed. He shrugged, “I called and got it put in, what’s the snow without a hot tub to warm up in?” He asked like it was the most obvious question he’d ever heard. I smiled, “I don’t have a bathing suit.” He cocked his eyebrow and pulled off his shirt, “I know, neither do I.” He said tugging at the bottom of my shirt.

We spent the next few days being together, we went skiing, we spent our nights at cozy little restaurants around the city, staying close to each other, feeding one another our food. I’m sure for anyone else Joe and I were the ‘lovey dubey, make you sick kind of couple’ but I didn’t care, I was with Joe and I was happy. We went on hikes, we took a lot of pictures, we spent a lot of time in the new hot tub, and we couldn’t stay away from each other.

We were at a small café in town eating dinner after skiing all day. Joe had his chair pulled to my side of the table and we were having a pretty intense conversation about whether or not the movie ‘Grease’ had any depth, we had just watched it before dinner. I was laughing while Joe was mocking the dance moves, “They’re so stupid, no one dances at school like that, all the sudden jump up and start singing about your summer and how you met thi—” He stopped his sentence short and was staring at something intently over my left shoulder.

I tried to catch his attention with no luck and furrowed my eyebrows and turned my head to the side, looking behind me. I saw a little girl about two or three running from a guy, no doubt her dad, and giggling, “Catch me daddy!” He let her run free for a few moments before wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her up to him, supporting all her weight on one of his arms. He tickled her sides and she threw her blonde head of hair back, “Daddy!” She giggled out, laughing loudly. She threw her arms around his neck and squeezed him tight. She planted a kiss on his cheek with a loud smack and keeping her arms around his neck, laid her head on his shoulder. I turned around to see Joe still watching the two, a small smile played on his lips and I heard the little girl speak again, “I love you daddy.” Joe’s smile grew into a huge lopsided grin. I smiled, my heart melting in my chest and laid my hand over his that sat on the table. He blinked a few times and turned his attention back to me. “Oh, I—um—sorry—What was I saying?” I searched his eyes, he didn’t want to talk about it right then so I answered him, “Grease.” He shook his head a little, “Oh yeah, totally stupid.” He said returning to his food.

Joe was quiet for the rest of the day, we watched movies, cuddled up together on the couch. The last movie ended about twenty minutes ago and we were just sitting on the couch, watching the fireplace, when Joe adjusted himself and turned to me, “Kayden?” He asked. I kept my eyes on the fire, “Yeah?” I could see him staring at me from the corner of my eye, “You wanna know something?” He asked. I turned to him suddenly interested in what he had to say, “What?” He smiled, “Remember today in the café, that little girl and her dad?” He paused, waiting for my response so I nodded my head. “Well—I just—it was—I um—I really liked it.” He said sheepishly turning away from me and looking to the fire. I felt the corners of my mouth turn up and I laid a hand on his cheek, pushing it so he’d look at me, “And?” I said knowing that wasn’t all that he was thinking. He was quiet for a few moments before speaking up again, “It jut made me think of our kids. Like, will they love me like that? Will I be a good dad? Will they look more like me or you? I don’t know…it just made me think.” He said shrugging and looking up at me.

I smiled and crawled over into his lap. I held his face in between my hands, “Joe, you’re going to be an amazing dad. The things you do for the people you love never cease to amaze me. And they’ll love you, it’s impossible not to love you.” I smiled and pecked his lips. “Do you ever think about them? Or am I alone on this one?” I pulled back, “Them—meaning kids?” He shook his head, ‘yes’. I smiled and inhaled, “Yeah, I do. I mean I know we aren’t going to have kids right away, I want to spend my time with you first, but every time I see a little kid, I think about what ours would be like.” I said. He looked satisfied with my answer, “So…” He said. “What about you get pregnant?” He said scratching the back of his neck. I grinned and shrugged, “We’ll just keep doing what we do and it’ll happen in it’s own time, and when it does, that’ll be the right time.” I said feeling confident with my answer. Joe smiled, leaning forward and running a hand through my hair, to the back of my neck and pulled our lips together, “I love you.” He spoke into my mouth. I broke the kiss, moving my lips to his neck, “I love you, too.”

The next morning we woke up and got all of our stuff together and caught the noon flight back to L.A. We were sitting on the plane and I was looking out the window just thinking. I felt Joe’s grip on my hand tighten. I looked over at him, “What are you thinking about?” I shrugged, “Nothing.” He tilted his head and looked at me expectedly. “I just, I want everything to be okay.” I said letting out a sigh. He looked over at me confused, “What do you mean?” I dropped my attention to our hands setting on his lap, “I’m just thinking about when you have to leave again, or go in the studio to record, and TV shows, I just—I’m selfish—I want you all to myself and it can’t be that way. I have to share you, and I’m just coming to terms with it—I guess.” He pushed my chin up with his finger, “Kayden Alexis Bryant Jonas—you will ALWAYS be number one in my life and you will be sharing me with no one—I’m yours, babe, always and forever.” He said kissing my nose. I smiled up at him and snuggled into his chest, his arm draped over my back playing with my hair, “I love you, Joe.” He softly wrapped his other arm around my waist, “I love you too, Kayden.”

We got home and dropped off all of our stuff at our house, checking the phones, Denise left a couple of messages saying that she got the wedding pictures from the photographer and wanted us to come look at them to call her when we got home. Joe begged me not to and just wait until the next day but she knew we were home, it was no use. “Please, I just don’t want to go there today. Please?” I looked over at him, “Joe, she knows we were supposed to be home today, I bet she already cooked.” He sighed, defeated, “Alright.”

I called Denise and we got to their house at 6:00, dinner time. We were a bit late so everyone was already at the table, fixing their plate. We came in and everyone hugged us, welcoming us back. We fixed our plates, and Kevin looked at us from across the table, “So, how was your trip?” Joe didn’t even look up from his plate, I saw him shrug a little and say, “Well, we had a lot of sex.” I dropped my fork and shut my eyes, ‘Okay, he did NOT just say that.’ I thought to myself. But I heard Nick choke on whatever was in his mouth, Kevin snickering, Denise let out a, “Joseph!”, and I didn’t have to open my eyes to see the glare Mr. Paul was shooting in Joe’s direction. I finally opened my eyes and saw Joe looking around at everyone, “What? It’s kind of the point—” I didn’t let him finish. I grabbed his forearm under the table and glared at him, my cheeks burning with embarrassment. He looked over at me, ‘I’m sorry.’ He mouthed, following up with a pout. I shook my head and turned back to everyone, “It was good.”

Only Joe seemed to catch the double meaning to my words, laying his hand on my thigh under the table and biting his lip to hold back his laughter. Everyone went back to their dinner, and the conversation eventually started up again, everyone careful to avoid the honeymoon subject.

Nick spoke up, “So, Mr. and Mrs. Jonas, now you’re married, what are your future plans?” He said doing a very good impression of an interviewer and using his spoon as a microphone and pointing it in our direction. I shrugged, “I don’t know?” I said looking over to Joe, pecked my lips and finished my sentence, “We’ve got a while to figure that one out.”