‹ Prequel: I Do Not Fall For Boys

I've Got A Mosaic Heart

Color Me Pretty

BAM’S POV
“Whatcha gonna do?” Novak asked throwing a fluorescent ping pong ball at Dunn’s head who made no effort to move out of the way of the incoming object.
“What do I do?” I whimpered, crossing my legs, still staring at my cell phone which had reminded unmoved, the screen now dulled and the backlight off.
“I dunno, talk to him...that’s what doctor phil was saying yesterday” Novak shrugged.
“Dude, you watch Dr Phil?” cackled Dunn who was now playing with the ping pong ball.
“Shut up, Dung” he hollered back
“No, you shut up”
“No you shut up!”
“Your momma hates you!”
“Well your momma loves me, she told me so last night”
“GUYS!” I shouted but they weren’t listening, they were rolling around on the ground...heading dangerously close to the stairs.
I decided they were no help and went to find Ville.
The streets are cold, they’re always so much colder when you’re alone. I saw happy couples walking the streets hand in hand and wanted to spit in their faces. Look at them all lovey dovey just to spite me.
Then I noticed, even from a mile away, the unmistakable brown loose curls of Ville’s shining brown hair. He was standing out front the school, his back facing me.
What the hell do I say to him? Ooh gee buddy, sorry about trying to smash your face in. Maybe I should just go home after all, he’ll talk to me when he wants to...but that’s if that’s never...
“Um, Ville...could we talk?” I muttered, stuttering slightly.
He walked a little faster, crossing his hands over his chest. I grabbed his shoulder and spun him around to face me.
I gasped as my eyes met his face. A large bruise smothered his jaw line, from his chin to his cheekbone, blood seeping from a large cut.
“Ville, honey...who, who did this to you?” I asked, rubbing my hand along the bruise. He winced in pain and I looked into his emerald eyes. Sheer sorrow filled them and he didn’t reply.
Surely I didn’t do that...I couldn’t of, I didn’t cut him...how could I?
I studied his face for answers then caught sight of the ring on my right hand. The silver promise ring he’d given me, smudged with blood. Oh, god the ring cut his face...I did do this.
I stepped back from him, my hands dropping to my sides.
“I-I...” I stuttered, eyes wide.
“It’s fine, really it’s ok” his soothing voice rang. I looked to his pale face, his nose was red with the cold.
“It’s not ok” I heaved, I turned my glance to the ground, unable to stand the sight of the injuries on his face.
“It really isn’t as bad as it looks, Bam” he offered.
“Are you kidding me! It’s bruising already and there’s a massive cut” I avoided his eyes and chose to speak to his shoes instead.
“It’s fine, Bam I swear, I’m ok” he hurriedly replied, making a grab for my hands. I quickly shoved them in the pockets of my hoodie.
“No, this isn’t right, it isn’t fair. You don’t deserve this” I replied sourly, finally having the courage to look back at his face.
“I don’t care, Bam. As long as I’m with you” he said with such sorrow it reminded me of a child who lost their favorite toy or just found out ‘Goldie’ the fish died.
He made a desperate lunge for me but I stepped to the side, leaving him to tumble to the ground. I cringed when he hit it hard with a thud, grazing his chin. Nonetheless he scrambled to his feet and stood in front of me.
“Why don’t you love me, what did I do, I can change I swear” he sobbed, tears streaking his battered face.
“Come home, Ville. We’ll talk there” I replied and hailed a cab.
Beep, Beep. I glanced down at my cell phone. 1 New Message, read the screen. I slid the phone open and opened the message.

UR with him now, no? He’s sayin it doesn’t matter right? Y else would he put up with that unless it benefited him? Y would I lie 2 U? U can trust me but can U trust him? He’s using U whether u want to admit it or not. I’ve known him 4eva nd u’ve been blinded by his allure, don’t believe him. He’s done it B4 and I don’t want the same thing 2 happen 2 U.”