‹ Prequel: I Do Not Fall For Boys

I've Got A Mosaic Heart

Slip away like cigarette smoke and dance away

VILLE’S POV
Maybe he’s over me? That must be it. He won’t talk to me but he’s there with Lindé on top of him laughing like he’s the happiest soul in the world. Oh my god, my boyfriend is in love with my band mate.
I don’t have the charm and cuteness that Lindé has, I’m not as funny, not as sweet, not as nice. Oh god my boyfriend’s gonna leave me...for Lindé.
I felt arms wrap around my waist as I sat on the bed. It was Bam. Bam who didn’t really wanna be with me, Bam who really wanted to be with Lindé.
“Hey Ville” he said nuzzling my neck
“Hey” I replied flatly, showing no signs of affection in return.
He crawled across the bed and sat down in front of me, facing me.
“Something up?” he asked.
Why should I tell you, you won’t tell me anything, I thought angrily.
“No” I replied and taking a drag of my cigarette.
“Uh-huh...like hell. What’s up?” he poked me in the side
“Nothing” I took another drag and watched the smoke I exhaled curl and dance in the wind
“Ville” he tried. He looked so sad that I wasn’t talking to him but he wouldn’t talk to me so it’s really his own fault
“Bam” I replied a smug look on my face
“Is this cause I wouldn’t tell you what was wrong?” he asked, lying his head on my shoulder
“I dunno, maybe” I said carelessly
“Fine, ok. The stupid studio doesn’t want me with you in public or anything cause of ratings and crap. They said I choose between you and the show” he said, looking away
Crap, what do I say? He loves that damn show. What do I say dammit.
“Aw, that sucks” that was all I could think of. God no wonder he didn’t love me anymore, I’m a terrible boyfriend.
“Yeah” he replied, sounding distant.
“What are you gonna do?” I asked, ruffling my hair to make it appear that I didn’t care what he did either way.
He shrugged and stared out the window.
I’m a terrible boyfriend, he finally tells me his problem and all I can see is ‘that sucks’. I bet Lindé would have been able to think of something more encouraging than that. Bam’s the only person I genuinely have ever loved and now I’m just letting him slip away. Slip away like cigarette smoke dances off into the wind.