I'm Not Your Protege, Just Your Kid

Chapter Thirty-Five

I was currently in the guy's dressing room, pacing back and forth out of nervousness. The guy's watched on in amusement from the couch as I continued my marching and every once in a while biting on my already short nails.

"God, I can't do this!" I screamed and grabbed a fistful of hair with both hands.

"Yes you can honey," Zack croaked and got up to place his arm around my shoulders.

"No I can't. These people came to see you guy's, not Devon and I," I explained.

A knock came on the door and Matty stuck his head inside. "Seven more minutes," he announced and shut the door.

"Oh god, I'm gonna be sick," I said and felt bile begin to rise in my throat. I ran to the bathroom door and started banging my fist on it for Devon to get out.

Devon opened the door and I shoved him out of the way before making a mad dash to the toilet with a hand over my mouth. I fell to my knee's and threw up my lunch. Someone pulled back my straightened hair and rubbed my back as I continued pouring my insides out into the toilet. I finally stopped, flushed the toilet, and slumped against the wall. I saw that it was Devon who was in the bathroom with me and he hoisted me up from the floor.

I rinsed out my mouth and he gave me a stick of gum. "Thanks," I croaked and started chewing on the mint flavored gum.

I looked in the mirror and saw that my eyeliner started to smudge a little from the water that leaked from my eyes when my head was in the toilet. I quickly fixed my make up and took a few calming deep breaths.

"Time to go guy's," Zack stuck his head in.

Devon and I followed behind the guys as we traveled down the small hallway to the stage. I kept my head down and tried to think positive about what was about to occur in less than five minutes. We got to the side of the stage right as Papa Roach finished their last song and were walking off stage, except for Jacoby. The Berry brother's started setting up the stage for us while Jacoby grabbed a microphone and walked to the center of the stage. I peeked out and saw a massive crowd of people. My eyes widened and I went to turn around and run back to the bus, but Matt caught me in his strong arms.

"Everything will be okay," he soothed in his raspier than usual voice as he rubbed my back and I put my face in his chest.

I controlled my breathing as I listened to Jacoby speak to the crowd.

"Okay guys, Avenged Sevenfold is scheduled to perform next, but something unfortunate has happened. All of the bands went swimming the other day and Matt, Zack, and Brian managed to get themselves sick,"

The crowd booed at the news. "I know, they're a bunch of idiots," Jacoby chuckled, making the crowd laugh. "Anyways, they've found two very special to step in for them until they get better and we would appreciate it very much if you guys will give the two stand in's a chance and cheered them on. Myself and everyone else on the tour has heard nothing but good news about them. Do you think you guys can cheer them on?"

Jacoby held the mic to the crowd and they started cheering loudly. When the crowd saw the huge deathbat being shone on the back curtain they went even crazier. Jason gave Jacoby the thumbs up and he nodded.

"Are you guys ready to meet the mystery people?" he asked. The crowd yelled even louder, filling the arena up with as much noise as they could. "Please help me welcome, Jayden and Devon Baker!" he yelled.

Johnny and Jimmy ran on stage and waved to the crowd while I stood rooted to my spot. The guys wished Devon good luck and he ran on stage with Zack's guitar swinging around his neck. He waved to the crowd and you could hear girl's screaming his name.

"Break a leg sweety," Zack smiled at me and placed Brian's guitar around my neck.

"Break it for me," I said to him.

He chuckled and tried shoving me on stage, but I kept my ground.

"Guys, Jayden seems to be a little nervous, can you help cheer her on stage?" Johnny asked the crowd.

Soon enough, the crowd chanted my name louder and louder until it flooded my ears. Matt managed to pick me up and push me on stage where the crowd started screaming. I timidly waved to the crowd and walked up to the microphone at the center of the stage.

"How ya' guys doing?" I asked. "You guys ready to rock to some Avenged Sevenfold?!"

I caught sight of the camera's in the barrier where the security guards stood. I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Why don't we take a little trip to Bat Country?" I asked the crowd.

The instruments started up, including mine and I let out a scream into the mic, just like the one I did earlier today at practice. Throughout the song the crowd cheered us on, getting even louder when I hit Brian's solo perfectly.

All of the nerves that were in my stomach earlier, disappeared by the end of the fourth song. We had just finished playing Gunslinger and were taking a break.

"Portland, how you guys doing tonight?" I asked and took a sip of my water.

"What did you guys think of our performance?" Devon asked. Of course the girls started screaming for him and I rolled my eyes.

I rested my bottle on one of the risers and took off my jacket. Wolf whistles echoed everywhere in the venue and I felt myself blush when I threw my jacket backstage.

"Alright, you guys can stop trying to hit on my sister," Devon grumbled in the mic when he saw that my top was sleeveless.

"It's okay Devon, it's about time I got some attention," I chuckled as I put Brian's guitar back around my neck.

"You better stop before your dad comes out and makes you put back on your jacket," Jimmy commented from behind his drum set and took a sip of beer.

"Zack's no fun," I pouted. Just then a bra came flying on stage and it hit Devon in the face.

"Those are some lethal boob cups right there," Johnny chuckled.

Devon took the bra from his head and started looking inside one of the cups. "Holy shit, there's a number in here,"

"Sorry ladies, he's taken," the girl's screamed and I rolled my eyes.

"We have a couple more songs to go, so let's get-"

I was cut off by a pair of boxers landing at my feet. I shuddered and kicked them off stage. They flew to where the guys were standing by the side and they each had a disgusted look on their face.

"Thanks to whoever scarred me with those boxers, but I have to inform you that I have a guy waiting for me back home,"

Nearly half an hour later, we were saying good night to the crowd and walking off stage. The closed curtains muffled some of the noise, but not by a lot. I ran off stage, Brian's guitar bouncing against my hip, and I bounded over to where the guys were standing.

"That was amazing!" I squealed and took the towel from Zack's outstretched hand.

"I told you you'd be fine," Matt grinned as I wiped the mountain of sweat from my forehead.

"Good job man," I said and hugged Devon.

"You too, you finally got that Afterlife solo," he chuckled.

"I know," I smiled as we walked towards the exit. All of us were still talking about the show when Jason ran up to us.

"Hey guys, you wouldn't believe what's going on outside right now," he smiled.

"What is?" Devon and I asked.

"There's a couple of kids outside asking for you guy's autographs,"

"Really?"

"Yup, you better go before they get mad,"

I turned back to Zack to see if it was alright to go. He just nodded his head and gave me back my jacket. Devon and I ran off straight outside where it was snowing. We saw a small group of teenagers standing in a huddle. When they saw us they ran over with sharpies in their hands.

"You guy's were amazing!" a young thirteen year old girl said.

"Thanks," I grinned.

"Do you mind signing our stuff for us?" a boy around our age asked.

"Sure," we replied.

Devon and I signed whatever was thrust into our faces and took a few pictures with the small group.

"Thanks so much," they said.

"Not a problem," I grinned.

They ran off and the guys came up behind us. "So, how did it feel to sign your first autogrpahs?" Jimmy asked.

"Fucking awesome!" we simultaneously said.

The guys chuckled and led us back to the bus so we could leave for the next stop. I went straight into the shower, and came out an hour later. I said goodnight to everyone and collapsed on my bed without another thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it took me so long to update, but my computer broke again like the piece of shit that it is and I now got it fixed.
So, tell me what you think. =]