Status: Currently thinking up a Sequel!

About a Girl

You Look Like A Skeleton

A summer out on the road was not what I had wanted when my big brother had been told to take care of me by the state. But what can expect? He is Adam Siska, and he is in a major band. But why does he have to take care of me? I’m seventeen years old, in four months I’ll be eighteen, but I guess the good old state old Illinois think I need to be watched.

I guess it won’t be so bad, I mean his band mates are all guys, but then again I’ve know them since the band, The Academy Is…, started. Their all really like my brothers, but I haven’t seen them in ages. Well I guess that’s about to change…

I hopped out of the taxi and began to struggle with my bags as the taxi took off. I can’t believe Chicago drivers were actually nicer than these ‘Bonner Springs, Kansas’ drivers. So glad I did not give him a tip. While I was mumbling on about the arrogant driver, I didn’t notice a boy, a very skinny boy at that with long hair, come walking up towards me.

“Addie?” He said, I looked over at him immediately. He looked so familiar, yet I couldn’t place him at all.

“Yes…?” I drawled out slowly, I was still trying to place him. It couldn’t be Will, could it? I had talked to Adam on the plane and he told me everything that was going on- Will was practically killing himself over his breakup with whatshername. But honestly this was an extremity, I could see his bones protruding through his skin, he looked almost sick. “Will?”

“Yeah, it’s me. Sisky sent me to come help you,” I just nodded as he walked over and grabbed a bag. He honestly didn’t look like he could carry it and you could see the indention it made in his shoulder. I felt very awkward walking next to him and not saying anything, but what could I say? ’Damn boy, you look like a skeleton!’? No, that for starters wouldn’t be very nice. But I have been known to speak my mind, and that hasn’t lead to anything good – A.K.A, the reason why I’m here, but that’s another awkward situation story.

“So… How are you?” He asked as we made our way through security and I slipped a pass over my head.

“Good, I guess considering I’m here. Not that I mean anything by that.”

“Of course you don’t.” I looked over at him. He did look pretty sad. I would too, I guess. The bitch cheated on him with her ex-boyfriend.

“And yourself, Mr. Beckett?” He snapped his head around and blinked several times before answering me,

“Fine, perfectly fine.”

“Well you don’t sound perfectly fine and you really don’t look it. What happened to Billy Beckett?” He stopped dead in his tracks and faced me. His eyes, his entire faces really made me wish that I hadn’t brought it up.

“He’s heart was ripped out and people insist on picking at the wound,” He picked up the rest of my bags and walked away. Why couldn’t I just leave him alone?