Status: Currently thinking up a Sequel!

About a Girl

You Would Rather Be Alone

As I pushed the heavy backstage door open and continued to run, I ran straight into Alex and made both of us fall out on to the stage where All Time Low was getting ready for their sound check.

“Alex, I’m sorry,” I jumped off of him and brushed myself. Is it me or am I clumsier than usual today?

“It’s alright; where are you off to so fast? Is there a fire in your pants that I don’t know about?” He looked around my body. I let myself laugh; Alex was pretty funny. Not that that was going to get him any where with me, I have an amazing boyfriend who loves me and is going to get me out of this awkward situation as soon as I find him.

“Ah, no; I’m just looking for Brendon, you know…,” I took a glance around the stage where Zack and Jack were tuning up and Rian was setting up his drums. No sight of my Brenny.

“Why don’t you stay and watch our sound check? Brendon is supposed to do his next,” Alex offered as he went to go get a chair for me to sit in.

“Really, so it wouldn’t just be a trick for me to stare at you for, let’s say, half an hour?” I laughed at Alex as his face fell knowing he had just been found out. “Alex, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt – okay? If I wasn’t with Brendon and in fact, in love with him, I would be totally all over you.”

“Seriously?” He dropped the chair about four feet away from Zack’s microphone. I nodded and he got this really goofy looking smile on his face. “Well thanks for the benefit of the doubt, Addie.”

He walked off to the other side of the stage to get his guitar and then Jack walked up to me, “I’m sorry about Alex, he has this disorder where he can’t resist any good looking girl.”

I looked at him, “That’s a compliment, right?”

“Of course,” Jack smiled and walked back off to his microphone stand.

I watched as everyone got into position and the music started. I recognized it immediately as ‘A Party Song (The Walk of Shame)’ off of their new album. Alex was clapping his hands to the beat and then started singing,

I took a walk for the very first time
On the dark side of the dance floor
Lit a match just to heat things up
But I got more than I bargained for

Mixed drinks, mixed feelings of elation
I should have known it was a one-night invitation


Alex tilted his head away from the microphone for the split second pause between words and Zack and Jack were walking around behind Alex. Rian was in full throttle at his drums. I always thought drummers were the hardest workers in music – besides roadies, but definitely drummers were hard workers – they could never really rest during a song.

Don't sweat it
Forget it
Everything is a-okay
Just let it
Go then it's
Off to find another face
I'll make you come just to watch you leave
You walk around with my heart on your sleeve
Don't sweat it
It's over now
Our time ran out


Alex walked grabbed the microphone off the stand and started his own little bit like there really was a crowd; but as the lyrics started back up he head towards me.

I took an oath
But I'm giving it up
You didn't have to see things my way
Nothing more than a casual fuck
Isn't that just how we operate?

Let's drink to feelings of temptation
You and I, we're an overnight sensation


He was more or less singing to me and then he motioned for me to come closer and join him. I shook my head no; Brendon had tried this before when Panic at the Disco was still together, but I had gained an great sense of stage fright by any means after William.

Don't sweat it
Forget it
Everything is a-okay
Just let it
Go then it's
Off to find another face
I'll make you come just to watch you leave
I walk around with your heart on my sleeve
Don't sweat it
It's over now
Our time ran


But apparently, Mister Alexander William – gulp – Gaskarth wasn’t going to simply leave me alone.

He, as he was singing – walked towards me, and with a microphone in one had used the other to drag me towards the center of the stage.

Outside, the brake light's started to dim
I feel the tension that's been pulling us in
And then we do it again
So we can feel all right
Falling in love for the night


Alex twirled me around and danced with me and in the process got me really dizzy. I clung to him as he spun me around the stage. Once we stopped, I practically collapsed against Alex’s chest; he didn’t even seem affected by the Dizzy-Dance he just put us through – he just finished the song off.

Don't sweat it
Forget it
Everything is a-okay
Just let it
Go then it's
Off to find another face
I'll make you come just to watch you leave
You walk around with my heart on your sleeve
Don't sweat it
It's over now

Our time ran out
Our time ran out
Our time ran out
Our time ran out
Our time ran out


“Alex, that was-“ I couldn’t even tell him how much fun that had been because my mouth had been closed off by his, for a moment I wasn’t even fighting him but then since came to me, “ALEX!"

I stomped on his foot and ran off the stage. What the heck is it with me and attracting singers? It must be my perfume or something – with that thought in mind, I walked back to the bus to threw out all of my Amber Romance body spray; only to find a few things that I really didn’t want to find – ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I can't help but update this story.
Alex will, in fact have a huge part in this story, as I have planned out in my head and don't worry this will remain a TAI/William story no matter how in love I am with ATL and Alex.
He may just get his own story though, lol
<3
RR