Status: Currently thinking up a Sequel!

About a Girl

Whispers Start Sounding Like Screams

I could hardly stop myself from barging right onto the bus and slapping Brendon and hitting whatever her name is up beside the head and scream at her that she had just ruined everything thing.

I could feel the tears cascading down my face and making dark spots on my shirt. I hid behind a tree and watched as they came off the bus, separate – trying to act so innocent. I waited until I knew that they were far enough gone and ran up the stairs of the bus.

I didn’t know what was happening – how could Brendon do that to me? I just couldn’t stop crying, but I did see what I was doing; which was grabbing most of stuff and heading off of the bus as fast as I could. I could hardly think. I didn’t want to move. I just want to stop everything, stop moving and take a shower and make everything and everyone just go the hell away.

I must not have paid attention to where I was going because I felt an arm stop me, “Addie? Where are you going? And with, like, two suitcases?”

I looked up to see Alex, again.

“Alex, I don’t need this right,” I sniffled and attempted to move away from him but he stopped me again.

“Addie, you’re crying; something is obviously wrong, something way worse than what I did, right?” I had to admit it to him, I nodded. I was just so hurt right now – I had to get this off of my chest. “Okay, well, come on my bus is right there; you can sit your stuff down and talk to me.”

He stirred me to the right and led me towards a coffee colored bus – Mm, coffee, I like the bus already. Up the stairs I went and on to the brown couch. Alex was trying to take me bags from me but I was reluctant to release my hold on them, but once I did, I actually a little bit better.

“So what happened, Siska?” Alex plopped down next to me on the couch. The almost old nickname caught me off guard and I shuddered. My defenses were down severely. “I won’t even ask if you’re alright – because it’s so obvious that you’re not.”

“It is? Well, I guess it is…,” I studied the carpet. Why did they put carpet on a tour bus? It was such a waste because of the vomit – but then again if someone crashed on the floor… I shook my head. “You really want to know what’s wrong?”

“Of course I do, Addie.”

“Brendon…,” Oh, god; I can’t even fucking say it. I swallowed some invisible gum and shook myself again. “He… he c-cheated on me.”

I looked at Alex through my hair to catch his reaction – he looked dumbfounded.

“Why would he do a dumb thing like that?” It almost sounded rhetorical but I answered it, angrily.

“I don’t fucking know, why don’t you ask him?” I stood up and walk into the back of the bus where I knew the bathroom was and proceeded to lock myself in. I heard Alex follow me and knocking needlessly on the door.

“Oh, come on, Addie! I just meant it like a guy would have to be dumb to cheat on someone as amazing as you,” I knew Alex had meant it like that – but I was feeling broken and angry and I really just wanted to make everything and everyone I came in contact with feel as miserable as I do right now.

I knew that he was still pressed up against the bathroom door. I thought about it. Alex had been so sweet to me through the entire day; I had spent the entire day with him practically – not Brendon. I shouldn’t be giving this guy such a hard time, then.

I unlocked the door slowly and looked at Alex, “I’m sorry – I just…,”

He gave me a smile and wrapped me in just the heartfelt hug that I need right then. Rubbing circles in my back he hummed and said, “It’s alright, it’s going to be alright.”
♠ ♠ ♠
... I know what this looks like...
but trust me Mr. William Beckett will be in the NEXT chapter.
So hold on to your keyboards.

<3
RR