You Love To Hate Me

Chapter 21

I was being shaken awake. My eyes fluttered open and I saw Max centimeters away from my face.

"What's wrong?" He instantly asked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. He climbed into the bed and wrapped his arms around me.

"You've been crying. Did something happen with Michelle?" He asked and kissed the top of my head.

"No, it was more like something happened with Ronnie."

"He's just taking it hard. I don't know why, but he is." I nodded my head.
"Are you hungry?"

"Kind of," I said unsure if I was or not.

"I'm going to order a pizza. If I order some will you eat?"

"Yeah," He smiled and kissed me again.

"Good," He left the room, and I got up from the bed. I put a pair of sweats on over my short shorts. I walked into the living room where Max had just hung up the phone.
"I ordered us just a plain cheese pizza."

I smiled at him and wrapped my arms around him. He hugged me back tighter. I rubbed my head into his chest. I pulled away and looked into his eyes. He leaned down and our lips connected. I softly ran my hand against his cheeks, and pulled away.

We sat on the couch, and without a sound he picked out a movie for us to watch. He popped the movie in and sat down next to me on the couch. The movie began and I recognized it as The Simpson Movie. I smiled at he pressed play.

About 30 minutes into it the pizza guy arrived, and Max got up to get our pizza. He came back, and put it on the table in the living room. We ate our pizza and watched the rest of the movie. Max got up and put our paper plates in the garbage in the kitchen. He came back in the living room to kiss me goodnight.

"I'm going to bed now. You can stay up as late as you want."

"I was going to if you wanted me to or not." He laughed.

"I know." He kissed me again.

"I'll be in soon. I'm tired."

"Alright, see you soon Madz." I laughed and hugged him. He left and I turned the TV channel on to Fox. Seinfeld was on; one of my favorite shows. I watched a few episodes, and turned off the TV. I turned off the lights in the living room, and then went to turn off everything in the kitchen. I turned off the lights, and walked into the living room again. I turned to go into Max's room.

"Maddie," I heard my name called. I jumped out of fright, and turned around. Ronnie was standing there, and the smell of alcohol radiated off of him.

"Ronnie what are you doing?"

"I just want to talk." He said slurring a few words.

"You're drunk."

"Just a little," He grabbed my hand and forcefully pulled me into his room. I pushed him away, and he let go of my hand.

"Ronnie what the hell?" I asked rubbing my wrist. He looked at me hopelessly.

"Maddie, I miss you so much." I stayed silent as I watched him parade back and forth. He looked at me and back at the ground.

"Ronnie, what are you talking about?"

"I know I screw up a lot. I know I'm the reason you and Max got hitched in the first place, but you're the first person that I've felt more feelings about."

"Ronnie..."

"You're the first person I've wanted to know more about."

"Ronnie please."

"You're the first person I didn't just want to screw."

"Ronald." I said sternly. He looked up at me.

"Maddie, I love you."