You Love To Hate Me

Chapter 6

(Madison's Point of View)

"Let go of my arm," I squeaked as he dragged me out of the hotel.

"Shut up," He snapped and I continually tried to fight out of his grasp. I dragged my feet almost tripping myself.

"Come on Ronnie, you're hurting my arm." He whipped around and growled at me. He let go of my arm and I fell to the ground scraping my elbows on the cement. I got up as small amounts of blood trickled down my arm from my elbow.

"Let me see." He said going to grab my arm. I pulled my arm away causing more pain to myself than I intended.

"I think you've done enough." I yelled at him. I stormed away going towards the street to get a cab.

Once I made it I remembered one thing. I didn't have any money...or my cell phone. I muttered incoherent things under my breath. I turned around and sulked back to where Ronnie was still standing. He didn't look mad, but that could change at any second.

"Do you have any money?"

"No," He said in monotone.

"Where do you think they went?"

"How the fuck am I supposed to know?"

"I was just wondering. How are we supposed to get back to the hotel?"

"You ask too many goddamn questions. We'll walk."

He walked passed me and I turned around to follow him. I walked to his side after being whistled at a few times. I stayed silent and looked down at the ground.

"Hey doll, you need a ride somewhere?" A guy asked pulling up to the side of the road, putting his black convertible in park.

"N-no," I stuttered.

"Come on sweetie. I can show you a good time."

"Hey dude," Ronnie yelled. The guy looked at Ronnie through his black aviator glasses. His blonde hair was pressed to his face.

"Yes?"

"Leave her the fuck alone." He yelled walking to the car's passenger side. I grabbed Ronnie's arm and tried to pull him back.

"Ronnie come on." I pulled on his arm harder. He turned around and we continued walking.

"Listen to the woman man." The guy snickered. Ronnie turned around and flipped the guy off. He turned back around we kept walking. We walked up a grassy hill that led to the highway. My stomach dropped as he climbed up the concrete side.

He was standing on top of the concrete wall when I tried to climb up onto it. Ronnie saw I was struggling and grabbed my hands helping me up. Once we were both standing on top he carefully jumped down to the other side. I tried to follow what he had done, but slipped at the last moment resulting in me falling off the wall and right into the street on my face.

"Shit," I heard Ronnie say. Then I felt his arms wrap around me and he pulled me out of the road. I pushed him away, held my head, and walked away.
"Fuck are you okay?"

"I'm fine, let's just keep walking okay?" He nodded his head. We continued on our journey home.

As each car passed I felt myself tense up, but I had an excellent excuse. When I was little I had gotten hit by a car. So it is only normal that walking down a highway would freak me out. I'm not sure if Ronnie had sensed anything, but he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. This time I didn't pull away.

We walked off an exit to go onto the main street. Once we were on a safe sidewalk I felt myself relax. Ronnie removed his arm around my shoulders and we walked on. I felt excitement run through me when I saw the Mirage hotel. We seemed to have walked faster just to get back to the hotel.

The miracle is that I didn't have money, but I did have a room key with me. I opened the door and found the room dark. We walked inside and I turned on the lights. I collapsed on the couch and relaxed. Ronnie sunk into the chair that was to my right. I let out a quiet sigh and looked at my elbows. Ronnie looked at me and squinted his eyes.

"I can't believe we had to walk all that way."

"If you weren't so goddamn fascinated by the stupid elevators we wouldn't of had to."

"Well I've never been here before." I rubbed my arm and ran my fingers over the dried blood on my arms. I winced in pain.
"My arm's hurt."

"Well you were walking so slow," He said his voice rising.

"That doesn't mean you had to drop me!"

"You were being a pain in the ass!" He said yelling this time.

"Whatever," I muttered and stood up. I walked into my room and collapsed on my bed. I grabbed a pillow and scream into it.