You Love To Hate Me

Chapter 7

I woke up to a dark room. Which meant it was sometime during the night. I stood up and stretched. I left my room to be overcome with more darkness. I didn't think to turn on the light and went directly to my phone. I pressed the center button and read that it was 11:24pm. I put my phone down and went back to my room.

I turned the light on and closed my eyes. I counted to 30 and opened them again. I grabbed some clothes and went to take a shower. Once I was done with the shower I got dressed. I put on my underwear and bra, a pair of black sweatpants, and a white ribbed tank top. I dried my hair and straightened it. I only put on eyeliner and mascara and left the bathroom. I grabbed my purse and made sure my room key, money, and cell phone was inside it. I put on some flip-flops and left the room.

I walked down the hotel hallway to the elevators. I pressed the down button and waited a few moments until it came to my floor. I stepped inside and pressed the button that would bring me down to the main floor. I tapped my foot while I listened to the irritating elevator music. The doors opened and I quickly walked out. I immediately ran into the people who had been M.I.A. almost the whole day.

"Madison!" Kat yelled happily.

"Hey Kat," I said walking up to her.
"How was your day?"

"It was so good." I looked behind her and at Max. He looked at me and his face seemed to fall. I walked past Kat and Chris and stood in front of Max.

"Hey Max," I smiled.

"I'm sorry Madz. I wouldn't have left you at the Luxor alone with Ronnie, but they dragged me off and held me hostage." He said sincerely.

"Don't worry about it."

"I'm sorry about your arm."

"You didn't do anything Max. It was the asshole." I laughed.
"By the way where is the guy?"

"I think he was finding something to eat."

"Oh, what are you doing?"

"We were just going up to get you. Then we were going to go gamble and stuff." Kat said interrupting our conversation.
"Do you want to come?"

"No, I pretty hungry. So I'm going to go and find something to eat." I smiled. Kat shrugged and walked back to Chris. Max gave me a sad smile.
"Cheer up Maxie boy."

"We're gonna have fun tomorrow." He told me.

"Alright, I'll be thinking about tomorrow while I eat." I joked.

"I'll see you later."

"Bye Max."

I walked our separate ways and I went to the hotel's buffet. The line to get in was not as long as I had thought, but it was still decently long. I got in line at the end. I could see who was close to getting in. Ronnie stood out from everyone. I laughed to myself as I saw an old couple scold Ronnie's wardrobe choice. Ronnie turned around and looked behind him. Our eyes met and he waved for me to come by him. I shook my head and looked away. Moments later I looked back and saw him climbing over a velvet rope that split up the people waiting in line to eat and the people leaving from the buffet. He strutted down to where I stood and ducked and went under the rope this time.

He smiled at me and asked, "How come you didn't come up by me?"

"I didn't want to get in trouble."

"You won't get in trouble. You're with me." I laughed and shook my head. We waited in line for another thirty minutes until we finally got in. We were brought to our table and ordered drinks. We both went and got food. Ronnie went and got as much stuff on his plate as he could get. I went and loaded my plate up with sushi. Ronnie was already at the table when I headed back. He wasn't the only person at the table either.

There was a short brunette that had her back turned to me. I stood behind her and put my plate down on the table. The girl still hadn't noticed I was there. I looked at Ronnie who looked at me and then gave the girl a fake smile. He eye begged for my help.

"Excuse me," I said as politely as I could without laughing. She turned around and gave me a look of disgust.

"Yes?"

"Well we are trying to eat."

"I am sure Ronnie would like to be with me."

"Actually I am trying to enjoy my dinner with Madz." He spoke up. She looked at me and then back at him.

"But Ron-"

"Please, I'm sure your boyfriend would like you back now." He waved her away. I looked behind me and noticed a total biker guy staring at the brunette's every move. She stomped her foot in anger and walked away. I grinned at Ronnie as I sat down.

"What was that about?" I asked him.

"She came over her and declared her undying love for me."

"Aw, so I'm guessing you didn't return the same feelings?" I asked and then put a piece of sushi in my mouth.

"Hell nawhz." I coughed and almost choked. I swallowed the rice and fish that was in my mouth and looked at a hysterical Ronnie. He had the biggest grin on his face, and I had to admit he looked really cute.

"You want me to die!" I joked.

"No way man, you're too cool." I smiled at his comment and we continued eating. We were basically done, but Ronnie wanted to get something for dessert. I waited at the table for him to return. He placed a plate of what looked like whipped cream with chocolate sauce on the table.

"What is that?"

"Whipped cream and chocolate sauce," He said simply and swirling the chocolate sauce and whipped cream together. He ate a spoon of it and looked at me.
"What?"

I laughed and shook my head.

"Here try it." He said giving me his spoon. I took the spoon and looked at the concoction on the spoon.
"Just put the spoon in your mouth." He laughed. I did what he told me. It wouldn't kill me right? It was just whipped cream and chocolate.

"Wow, it is good." I said handing him back his spoon.

"I know right, how could you turn down chocolate and whipped cream?"

"If you're lactose intolerant or allergic to chocolate you wouldn't like it so much."

"Oh shut up." He said laughing. We finished up eating and left the buffet. We walked around the hotel's casino for awhile just looking at things.

Ronnie had decided to drag me out of the hotel and bring me in front of it. He told me that the volcano should be going off for the last time tonight. So we stood outside looking at the volcano. I sat down on the metal fence. Ronnie jumped and looked at me. Before I could ask what was up he spoke.

"Want to know where our little friends went today?"

"Where?"

"Well this was your entire bitchy little friend and Chris's idea."

"Well I could have figured out that much."

"They dragged Max back to the hotel, and they went swimming." I laughed as he continued on.
"Swimming, can you believe that?"

"I would like to go swimming."

"Well we can't go swimming now."

"Of course not."

"We should leave them somewhere far from the hotel. Then we can go swimming." He said as his eyes lit up. He touched my arm, but I winced as his hand ran over the large bruise. He looked down and then he frowned.
"I'm sorry."

"It's okay Ronnie." He didn't look like he believed me.
"Really it is."

He leaned in and gave me a warm almost protective kind of hug. He pulled away with a smile on his face. Smoke started rolling off the water. Ronnie and I watched as the water show before us unfolded.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it just as much as I like writing it. I'm going to start writing the next part soon. Right now I'm watching Transformers and it totally reminds me of Ronnie. I love comments so don't be afraid to tell me what you think.

-Ashley