You Love To Hate Me

Chapter 9

Kat looked at Ronnie mortified as he dissected my pancakes to get the chocolate from them. I had finished the whipped cream he had given me with my pancakes.

"Ronnie, why don't you just ask for some chocolate syrup?" He shrugged at me question and flagged down the waitress. He asked the waitress for chocolate. She looked at him oddly, and brought him some.

We watched Ronnie finish his food and then we left the restaurant. We got into the car and headed to Hoover Dam. I watched the desert surroundings around us. It was very different from Chicago. We got to Hoover Dam and drove up to the parking lot. I bounced out of the car with Max and Ronnie. Chris and Kat followed closely behind. She hadn't told me her and Chris were together or anything, but I believe it was obvious when they're holding hands and sneaking kisses. I stopped walking once we were halfway across the bridge. I looked off at the water in the Dam. The view was beautiful. Max put one of his hands on my shoulder and smiled.

"Just wait 'till we take the tour. It's pretty cool." A smile grew on my face and we continued walking. We were almost to the tour entrance when Ronnie wrapped his arm around my waist. I jumped slightly and felt butterflies in my stomach. I shook off the feeling.

"It's so hot out." He complained.

"We are in Nevada." He gave me a fake glare and then smiled. He rubbed his head against mine, and I pulled away.
"Ew sweaty boy," He laughed and pulled my body to his again. I tried fighting away. I saw him wink, but before I could question his actions Max came and wrapped his arms around us; making me the middle of a sandwich.
"Ow guys, let. Me. Go."

"No way chicka," Ronnie smirked.

"I'm dying." I complained overdramtically.

"No Madz! Don't die," Max said letting me go. I nearly fell to the floor, but Ronnie's arms tightened around me. A weird feeling overtook my stomach, but quickly faltered. He pulled me up to my feet. Kat came over and grabbed both our hands. She dragged us to the end of the line.

"Because of you two we are in the end of the line!" She yelled at us.

"Chill out, we have nowhere else to be." Ronnie told her. Her nose flared and she turned around. Ronnie looked at me helplessly. I gave the back of her head a confused look, and then patted Ronnie's shoulder.

We sat down in the small movie theater like room with a big screen. A skinny woman with a brown bowl hair cut stood in front of the screen. She explained the whole point of the movie. Ronnie pretended to snore during her pointless speech. Chris hit him over the head. I giggled as Ronnie flipped Chris off. We sat forward and as still as we could for fifteen minutes. When the lights came back on Ronnie jumped up from his seat, grabbed my hand, and we left before everyone else.

"That was the most boring shit ever." I laughed and shook my head. Everyone else in the room piled out and we were all together again. There was a group of short girls with multi-colored hair that stared me down. That was when I noticed Ronnie was still holding my hand. I pulled my hand away. He looked at me, and then he noticed the girls behind us. I could hear the girls start talking about Ronnie. One of the girls with short fading blue and orange hair broke from the group. She walked up to Ronnie with a grin on her face. She tapped his shoulder and he spun around. His face slightly falling realizing it wasn't who he was expecting. Who was he expecting?

"Hey Ronnie," She said quickly. He gave her a small smile.
"Can I take a picture with you?" He nodded his head. She squealed and her friends pushed me away. He took a quick glance towards me, and then back at the girls. The blue hairs girl wrapped her arms around his torso as the girls clicked away. After like thirty seconds Ronnie pushed the girl away.

"Alright! Enough!" He told the girl. He pushed through the wall of girls and grabbed my hand. He pulled me forward and laced our fingers together. The girls sent a death glare in my direction. Ronnie looked at them again and flipped them off.

"How sweet of you," I joked.

"I had a big bowl of sugar this morning." He let go of my hand and put his arm around my shoulders. He pulled me closer to him.

Our group went into an elevator that would bring us down underground. We stepped out of the elevator and it was so much cooler. We walked down a tunnel that was like a rock cave. We were in back of the group. I turned around and saw Max staring at the wall.

"Max what are you doing?"

"The wall is leaking." I stood behind him and watched water trickle down the wall.

"We're all going to drown." I told him as seriously as I could. He looked at me horrified, which made me laugh. Chris pushed us along and we continued walking. The group turned around and we headed back.

"Cold?" Ronnie asked me.

"No...not at all," Without notice he wrapped his arms around me from behind. Chills shot through my body. He rested his head on top of mine as we walked. I felt like laughing when the group of girl's mouths hung open. I felt like smirking when Kat's did too. All I could do was tell myself not to get attached. We were leaving in five days. Then I would never see Ronnie or Max again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the lack of updates. I started school last week so it's going to be harder for me to get these out, but I will try my best. I'm going to try and get at least 2-3 out a week. Thanks for reading and comment! ! !

-Ashley