And Then We Will Destroy Our Bodies

Ten - Home again

It was just after 12 and DownStairs had cleared out, Mikey stood from the couch, his small grey t-shirt riding up on him as he pulled his arms over his head to stretch.

“Stop showing it, Way” Ray got all squinty eyed and accusing before he smiled.

Mikey just shrugged with a grin “Hey, if you’ve got the moves…”

“It’s time to take your moves to bed,” Gerard commented

Mikey grinned hugely and winked at Frank, “That’s what I’m talking about.”

“I meant home to bed, thank you Mikey” Gerard feigned annoyance as he pushed his little brother towards the door, smiling in spite of himself.

Frank and Ray headed for the door was well, with the café pretty well emptied out and all the coffee that they had already drank, there wasn’t much else to do except make curfew…and with Mikey being 16, even if he was a pretty badass kid, Frank was still pretty sure he had a curfew, though no one, especially not Ray, was going to say it.

Making it outside first Mikey jumped up and down in the night air,

“Fuck its cold out here, Gerard gimmie your jacket.” Mikey shivered.

“Yeah fucking right.” Gerard answered immediately, much to Frank surprise and delight, Gerard would give his jacket to him but not his little brother, he shook his head looking to Mikey

“No sympathy,” Frank clucked, clearly amused, “What a bitch.”

“I know, right?!” Mikey shot a halfhearted glare at his brother “Can’t even spare his jacket for his half frozen little brother.”

“You’ll get over it,” Gerard said as the four of them walked around the building to the parking lot, Mikey automatically hopped over to a blue Toyota pulling on the locked door handle a few times.

“Ray!!!” Mikey shouted over, “Would you unlock your stupid ass door before I freeze?!”

Ray gave Gerard a clap on the shoulder “I’ll see you later man, duty calls.” Ray nodded to Frank.

“See ya, Fro,” Frank said, in reply Ray merely smiled, starting to his car he turned to walk backwards a few steps, “This one I like,” He said to Gerard with a laugh.

“Yeah, get home, you morons” Gerard replied trying not to smile.

“Frank!” Mikey called “Glad you showed, Gerard thought you weren’t going to for a while there…We are so going to party sometime!”

“I’ll go for that.” Frank called back as Mikey waved and disappeared into Ray’s car.

Watching the same scene, Gerard spoke…

“Is there a way to get high on coffee?” he wondered aloud almost sarcastically

“If there is, your brother knows the secret.” Frank said with a laugh.

They stood there for a moment, the blue Toyota now gone from the parking lot and disappeared up the road. A thought had crossed Frank’s mind a time or two in the last few seconds…How am I going to get home? he looked at Gerard out of the corner of his eye, thinking, wishing, for just a second that he wouldn’t have to ask.

Gerard turned to Frank absently, swallowing and running a hand through his hair, it falling into place around his face.

“Hey, d’you need a ride home or something? I mean, I could drive you.”

Frank allowed himself a moment to pretend to contemplate this question. “I don’t know,” he looked at Gerard, his eyes a little wide “Then you would know where I live.”

Gerard laughed, “C’mon,” he nodded to his left and started walking…Frank followed without a second to pause.

Gerard stopped outside the passenger door of a silver car, presumably his, he unlocked and then opened the door, motioning inside with a grand gesture…Frank just stood by the car a moment as Gerard held the door for him, he didn’t recognize chivalry instantaneously, all right?

Frank giggled as he ducked into the car, settling himself in he looked up at Gerard who was smiling at him, or maybe about him.

Gerard got into the passenger seat, turning on the car and clicking himself in he glanced over at Frank to make sure he’d put on his seat belt before putting the car in reverse and backing out of the parking space.

Frank looking around the car a moment, it was surprisingly clean, most college kids cars were trashed with fast food wrappers and all sorts of shit. Gerard’s was clean but there was stuff mainly everywhere, a visor full of CD’s, CD cases and pamphlets in between the console and the seat, notebooks in the backseat, pens and pencils in the space in the door.

Gerard saw Frank looking around,

“College shit,” he explained

Frank nodded “Cool, what are you taking?”

“Art, Theater and English, I don’t have a major yet,” He shrugged a little and pulled a face, “I’ll be a sophomore next year so I’ll have to decide then…maybe.”

Frank nodded again, college shit was still a ways away for him...

Pulling onto the street he looked over at Frank, “So where didn’t you say you lived?”

Frank laughed “I live past GU, near the Bellview middle school?”

“Oh, I went there…,” Gerard smiled a little

“Me too,” Frank replied, “it sucked.”

“Did when I was there too,” Gerard agreed with a laugh

“What a surprise” Frank looked over at Gerard who had once again pushed his hair out of his face only to have it fall back into place again…Frank had a feeling he’d be dreaming about that hair tonight, he still wasn’t sure why Gerard had invited him out in the first place, if it was romantic at all he sure wasn’t making a move…

As they passed the Bellview school Frank directed Gerard to take a left, the car suddenly very quiet, Frank searched his head for something to say, anything. It seemed like as soon as he got ready to talk, they were just about to his subdivision anyways.

“I live in here.” Frank said, speaking of the Green Oaks subdivision they were coming to on the right, it was an old 1970’s neighborhood, but not overrun with broken houses and crime like most others in the area were. A comfortable sort of middle class neighborhood…

Gerard turned in and took Frank’s instructions turning left onto Maple Street and then right onto Bowalk and then left again onto Chase Street.

“This is my house,” Frank said, “655…”

Gerard slowed the car to a stop in front of 655 Chase Street, smiling a little “So who lives at 666?”

“This lady with her 4 year old demon child she’s always wanting me to baby-sit.” Frank responded matter of factly.

Gerard laughed, “Nice.”

Frank unclicked his seatbelt, “So thanks for the ride…and inviting me out tonight.”

Gerard nodded “Sure, sorry I kind of pushed you into it…” He looked at Frank in the darkness of the car

“No, you didn’t, it was fun.” Frank assured him

“Yeah it was,” Gerard said nodding and looking at Frank, “Hey, give me your arm.”

“Excuse me?”

“Yeah, let me have your arm a sec.” Gerard reached into his hoodie pocket and pulled out a black sharpie that wasn’t there ½ an hour ago. Frank let Gerard take his left arm as he uncapped the black marker and scribbled something down on the inside of Frank’s forearm for an unusually long amount of time.

Recapping the marker he smiled a little and Frank giggled, he wished he could see the blush that must’ve crept onto Gerard cheeks because he heard the embarrassment in his voice.

“That was cliché, I know, shut up.” Gerard laughed a little

“Yeah it was,” Frank agreed still giggling, taking a look out his window at his house, and then at the clock on the dash, 12:33 “I should get inside before my mom decides to come out and meet all my ‘friends’…”

Frank opened the car door and stepped out, he leaned down to look back in at Gerard “Thanks again for the ride and everything.”

“No problem…I’ll see you around, Frank.”

“Yeah,” Frank backed away from the curb “See ya.” Turning and walking across his yard he could feel Gerard watching him, it wasn’t till Frank had opened his front door and stepped inside that Gerard pulled away from the curb…

Once upstairs Frank walked quietly down the hall to his mothers room, the door was open just a crack and a lamp was on.

Peeking in the door he saw that his mother lay sleeping in her bed, photos on the bedspread around her. Stepping into the room Frank moved to the bed, surveying the photo’s and then gathering them up a few at a time without any emotion…

Wedding photo’s and Frank as a baby, his Halloween birthday’s and Trick-or-Treating with his dad. Frank set the pile of photo’s on his mother’s nightstand and clicked off the lamp, silently retreating to his own room.

Running a hand through his hair Frank sighed, he pulled off his t-shirt, taking a moment to notice the black marks on his arms…Gerard’s writing. He read it with a smile…

825-6792 We won’t disintegrate, Because. Gerard~
♠ ♠ ♠
*Double post because I'm not sure when I'll update next, thanks for subscribing and reading! I'm moving up to Vermont and my brother's getting married in two weeks. xoxox*

The very last part was hard to write because I kept wanting to have ‘Prince Charming” written on Frank’s arm after “The Mark Story” from 2006. Then my mind just went blank, and it makes Gerard seem not so clever, for that I apologize.

Comments! I love them, you know it's true ^_^