Take It Like A Man

Chapter Thirteen

Image
Banner by: lily?! yeah.

As I walked onto the set I looked at Kevin who was leaning against a green screen. He was wearing a very ravishing suit with black suede shoes. As I came into Kevin’s line of vision he glared. Glared hard. My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion as I stared up at him in perplexity. What the hell did I do wrong? I stared a bit more hoping his expression would change, but it stayed put. His brown eyes gazed at me longer than necessary. And his angered expression only intensified.

“What?” I asked shakily in fear. What did I do to him? Oh no! I pissed of a Jonas brother. This is like a sin. Especially for Kevin! I’ve never seen any of the Jonas boys upset, excluding Joe, and it was as if the world was ending when they were angry with you. I know, try upsetting Joe and see how bad you feel afterwards. It’s like a shark bit of your head and left your body in a pool of acid. Yes, it is that terrifying to make Joe upset.

A smile broke out onto Kevin’s face immediately as he saw my shaken appear, “I was practicing. I’m supposed to get really mad at you in this scene remember? When I find out you’re with Joe!”

“Jesus! You scared me,” I faux-glared at him in anger. “Don’t ever do that to me again. Do you not realize how intimidating you can be?”

Kevin raised his eyebrows, “So are Joe and you dating now?”

I mentally rolled my eyes. Why were Nick and Kevin so damn curious?!

“You both are always cuddling and saying cute couple things.”

Maybe Joe and I should cut saying the cute couple things, “Don’t tell anyone Kevin! I swear! If one more person finds out I’m going to kick some ass.”

“Aoife told me. If you wanted to know,” chuckled Kevin, crossing his arms. “She was talking about how you said Joe was yours new boyfriend, but that didn’t mean he was her dad. Oh… and you know the Joe sleeping in your room thing didn’t help much in your defense. Be careful with my mom, if she caught you guys together she’d have a panic attack.”

“It’s not like we were having sex.”

“Who’s having sex?” I rolled my eyes physically, not mentally like last time. Turning on my heel I faced Joseph Adam Jonas… and wow did he look tantalizing. He was wearing a white tuxedo, contrasting Kevin’s black suit, and there was a bright red rose in his pocket. Instead of a tie he had a tiny black bow and there were black lines around the suit. Joe’s hair was straight… as usual… although he had decided to wear his black-rimmed glasses for the shoot. I think it was because I told him he looked sexy in them.

“You,” Kevin answered his brother with a smirk. “Or at least you better not be having sex.”

Joe squinted in confusion, “Why would I be having sex? I’m not seeing anyone.”

Oh Joe, the long apologizing stare in my direction gives nothing away!

“Then you wont mind me asking Beth on a date,” posed Kevin with a knowing tone in his voice. The torture he puts Joe through sometimes…

“Why do you want to take Beth on a date?” Joe glared at Kevin. Wow. Never thought I’d see this happen. Two Jonas brothers fighting for my love! How amazing.

“Because she’s beautiful.”

Joe stepped dangerously close to Kevin, “I don’t want you to take her on a date.”

Kevin stepping into the I’m-older-than-you-don’t-even-think-about-telling-me-who-I-can-and-can-not-date-little-brother mode creped closer to his younger sibling; they were almost touching noses.

“Boys…” I grumbled in fear. There was no way Joe and Kevin were going to fight over me! “Calm down both of you.”

Backing away from Joe, Kevin turned to me with a smirk, “Beth. Since you are not seeing anyone!” He eyed Joe amusedly. “Would you like to go out with me to Starbucks later today. I promise you a Vanilla Bean.”

“Yay! Vanilla!” Jumping at the thought of my favorite drink I started to dance. I stopped quickly when I caught sight of Joe’s angered gaze. “Kevin… you better tell Joe you’re teasing him right now. He might kill you.”

“I’d like to see him try,” Kevin said competitively. “It’s not like he owns you anyways.”

“You better shut your fucking mouth Kevin!” My eyes grew large at Joe’s threatening words. I pushed him farther away from Kevin.

“Watch your mouth, you jerk! Don’t swear at Kevin!”

“Are you kidding me?! You just agreed to go with him on a date,” he shouted defensively as he threw his hands up in the air and waved the around dramatically. “And you’re my girlfriend! You’re supposed to say no when another guy asks you out on a date Bethany! ESPECIALLY my brothers.”

“Kevin knows we’re dating Joe. He was just kidding.”

Joe blushed crimson as the words sunk into his brain. He dropped his flailing arms to his side and stared from Kevin to myself, “Oh…”

“You should have seen your face!” Kevin busted out laughing obnoxiously. “Were you seriously thinking about fighting me?”

He rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment, “You were trying to ask out my girlfriend Kevin. What did you think I was going to do?”

Kevin laughed harder, “Dude. Beth is like my little sister.”

“There are pretty messed up families in the world Kevin,” I stated with a smirk. “I mean have you seen ‘Great Balls of Fire.’”

“They were cousins.”

“Close enough…” The three of us laughed in amusement. Wow. What a day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been trying to write the story more now. I know I took a long break, but I'm getting back in the swing of things.