Status: Hiatus

Obsessed

He's been watching her everyday now. Before, it was just occasionally, to check up on her. Now, now, he couldn't help it. She was an interesting girl; there was definitely no doubting that. He couldn't help but be entranced by her beauty, by her charm, by the impact she left on everyone. He had to see her everyday, or else, he would simply lose it. He needed to hear her speak, even if she was speaking to someone else. Truly, she was a prize that only belonged to him. Only he was worthy of her, he was the only person that deserved her.

He made sure that she was all right every night before she closed those eyes and drifted off to her own dream world. He made sure her doors were secured, her windows were guarded so nobody could witness her beauty and try to take her for themselves. If they tried, they'd have to answer to someone who would clearly not tolerate their actions. In other words, he'd kill them. He'd kill for her.

Everything about her was just so innocent, innocent enough to be corrupted. Like those eyes, oh those eyes. The eyes that held hope, soon enough, he could make them hold something more powerful. Soon, they would be filled with hate. Hate for everything she once loved, hate for this horrible city. And to think, all of this hate would be a gift from him. He giggled madly to himself every time he thought of what she could be. She was lovely now, but soon, soon she would be perfect. She would be his.

Nobody knew of the feelings he had for her. Nobody knew he longed for her every single night. But he liked it that way; nobody would know he actually had a weakness. He didn't need that, oh no, he didn't. It took him months to understand the feelings he had for her. He locked himself up for weeks, shutting himself away from any distractions so he could figure out what he was feeling. He knew that he had to have her, but he wasn't sure why.

It wasn't in his nature to be attached to someone, he never had been before, and he didn't know why it had to start now. He never showed any emotion before because he had never had any to parade around. Sure, he had been with a woman before, but most people would not classify it as a good thing. He knew she would just mess up everything; everything he had going for him right now. He didn't want to risk anything, he shouldn't, but he had to. He needed her to be by his side at all times.

He had always tried to let her know that he was there, even though he wasn't. When her father died, he left her a present. Not like the usual presents he left people. This one was…special. It had meaning to it. He hated having to actually go to her front door and put it there. He hated that the present was sentimental and that it had, emotion with it. He hated that he had to convince himself to go there, instead of his original plan of burning the gift and just forgetting about her. She was a very hard person to forget so easily.

These presents continued going to her, much to his dismay. He wanted her, but he didn't want to actually let her know he cared for her. That would be silly, and he knew about being silly. Finally, he decided that it wasn't silly; he was in love with that woman. That woman was his love.

That woman was his obsession.

Disclaimer: I do not own The Joker, I do not own Gotham City or any thing mentioned in this story that is directly mentioned to be connected with DC Comics. I do own the female character soon to be mentioned in said story, and few secondary characters that aren't directly affiliated with DC Comics.