Status: Done :(

Love of the Earth

First Kiss

I ran home the sound of my feet hitting the mud soothing me. I just wanted to get inside so my mother wouldn’t think I died or something. Parents can be so dramatic sometimes. The mud made a ring on the bottom of my baby blue jeans. My clothes plastered to my body my hair dripping wet by the time I got home. I must have look like a wreck because my mother was wide eyed when I walked though the door.

“Where have you been young lady?” She said sternly her big brown eyes filled with fury.

“I was in the woods mom.” My voice really saying chill mom it’s no big deal.

She paced the floor and shook her head. She was silent for a minute then stops looked me up and down and cleared her throat.

“Who is he?” She asked while staring into my face.

“What? Oh, come on mom. You know I love running in the rain.” I said smoothly. It was true I did.”I am going to shower mom.” I giggled, it was clear she didn’t believe me but she let it go.

I walked up the steps then I was in my private floor. The whole second floor was mine. I love it to no avail. All the privacy in the world, no one just walking in and annoying me. I walked into my bathroom. It was decorated in earth tone. A beautiful green cover the walls and a deep brown rug covered the center of the floor. The tiles were an off white and I had beautiful molding put in on the top and bottom of the wall. From the ceiling hung a fan, it was chocolate brown. My tub was old fashion, it stood on four short leg its color a burnt orange.

I slipped out of my clothes and slide into my tub. I turned the old knobs so that the water was luke warm. I sighed I love to take a bath. The bubbles covered my body. The window was open since we had no neighbors for miles I loved it that way. I could hear the rain gently hitting the sill outside. It mesmerizes me and soothes my soul.

“Echo?” Jorden voices say from outside my window.

I didn’t expect him yet I didn’t jump or feel even slightly surprised.

“What are doing here?” I asked calmly.

He didn’t enter he stood facing away from me. Then I remember I am naked. I blushed like a madwoman.

“Umm give me a second. “ I said slipping into my robe as quickly as I could, the whole time he was at the window gazing outward.

I approached him and he turned towards me.

“I didn’t mean to interrupt you.” He said in a low voice,

My heart started to pound.” What happened?” I asked with a hint of fear in my voice.

“I have never cared for anyone before. I have never felt so much agony for being separated from someone before. I have never wanted to be near anyone before. I have never thought of one person so often.”

My heart was going wild now. My face warming up with each word he said. He sounded like he was in a different world and he was staring off into the distance. He was looking at nothing but seeing everything. He looked into my eyes with a passion I have never seen in anyone’s eyes before.

“Can this be love Echo? Can I finally after countless years found the woman who I can see being with?” He had never looked so grown to me before. “I don’t mean to frighten you, sweet echo it’s just that ever since we meet I have only thought of you. I have watched you grow and seen you interact with others. Your hair and smile have made my heart do flips. I have never ever thought that this was possible. I love you Echo. I always have and always will.” He said in a husky voice.

“Jorden I don’t know what to say. I must admit that I have feeling for you. I am not sure what they are but I know they are strong.” I said back afraid to come off to eager I fought to control my voice.

He stood up and lightly touched his hand to my face.

“May I do something?” He asked in a gentle voice.

“Yes Jorden you can.”

“I have never done this before so I don’t know how to go about it.”

He leaned in slowly and kissed me. It was gentle at first then it grew more passionate. He pulled me closed and hungrily grabbed me. He forcible pulled himself back.

“Wow, that was amazing.” He said and then he turned to go. “Good bye Echo. I will see you soon my love. “

Then he was gone and I was left in the sweetest of bliss. My first kiss was the most perfect and then I hoped like never before that I would never have to kiss anyone but Jorden.
♠ ♠ ♠
the moment that we waited for finally came