Status: Done, not at all satisfied. I had more planned for these two, but after 2-3 years it's just not coming together anymore. Crappy ending, I'm sorry.

Misconnected

Chapter five

Part five:

I was even up before noon. I was exited to see the arena. They gave every contestant an hour a day to practice in the arena, to get a feel of the floor and space. Other practicing area’s were up to yourself to find. I drove to the arena in my rental car and stepped inside. "Halse! Your hour starts in five minutes! " A lady barked at me. I nodded and hurried tot he lockers to put my stuff away.

When I ran to the floor, the girl before me just left. "Viel spass! " She said smiling. I laughed "Danke" The door closed and I looked around. *Damn this is big* The floor was at east 20 by 20 metres long. Well at least there was enough room for my cartwheels and summersaults. I started my CD and just warmed up a little. The floor had some bounce in it, I quickly decided I would dance barefoot.

After a fifteen minute warm up, I started the routine I was performing on the big day. It went flawless, that wasn’t the problem, but I needed something to distinct myself. From the others I let myself fall on the floor and looked up at the ceiling metres above me. My eyes fell on a hook, attached to a big beam in the ceiling. I smiled. I knew exactly what to do. I decided to use the time I had left for my original routine and work out the plan I had, after that.

I walked out of the arena, very pleased with my idea. I looked around and found the order barking lady again. "Excuse me.. " I started. "Yes? " She said still rather stern. "Is there a manager of this building I can talk to? I need to know something for my routine.. " She shrugged. "You can ask me.. " She surprisingly sounded normal this time. I shrugged. Whatever. "I want to use a ribbon in my song, I saw a hook on the ceiling and checked the rules. Objects are allowed. " She raised an eyebrow. "Ribbon/ how do you mean? " I sighed. "Ever seen cirque du soleil? " Her mouth formed an O "Yeah, I think that can be arranged.. " I smiled. "Do you think you could double-check for me? Because I want to go out and buy one now. " She nodded and left. I guess to see someone who did know for sure.

I couldn’t help myself. I skipped out of the store, with a thirty metre long ribbon in a bag. The ceiling was about 15 metres high but a longer one is always better than a short one. I was already looking forward to tomorrow. Practice was going to be wicked fun!

Right, I ought a tell you what I’m planning. Do you know those people in the circus who climb into long ribbons and do all kinds of cool stuff in it?

Image

I can do that. Cool huh? I have a friend who owns a circus, I think it kicks ass. He taught me some stuff, among those was this. I hadn’t done it for a while.. but I’m determined on making this the start of my routine! Currently, I didn’t care anymore about how risky it was changing your routine this shortly before the actual competition.

I drove around town, the ribbon in the back, looking for a place to practice. I came across a bar looking place, it was quite big. *Worth a shot* I walked in. "Hi, do any of you speak English? " I asked the two girls behind the bar. One nodded. "Good, I have a question.. " I said. They looked at me expectantly. I noticed this place is quite big.. Do you have a separate hall in here? One I could rent? " "Ehh, yeah, we have one.. but I don’t know if it’s for rent.. I have to ask my boss.. " The first said walking away. I nodded and waited. Suddenly the second girl jumped up and started talking in rapid Finnish. I raised an eyebrow when the other came running back in again. There was one single word I could make out of their conversation. *You have to be shitting me..* I thought with a smile. And indeed, I turned around to a smiling Ville. "We’re in an empty bar, by day mister Valo! What is your business here? " Both of the girls gasped. I guess the second one did know a little English. Upset that I talked like that to their apparent idol, the first girl started stuttering. Ville laughed and said something to her in Finnish. They giggle d and slowly walked to the back room. Sending glances and winks Villes way. When they left, I rolled my eyes. "So what brings you here Ville? " He chuckled. "Just getting some more whiskey for our practice. And you Siri? Never pictured you as the type to go drinking by day.. " I rolled my eyes at his comment. "Trying to find a practicing space.. nothing more, nothing less.. " He smirked. "Really? I figured you would be stalking me.. " I laughed out loud. "Man your ego grows by the second huh? " He looked hurt for a sec. I winked at him. "Chill, I’m joking. I wasn’t stalking you.. this is just a stupid coincidence. I was hoping to run into you again though.. " I said trailing off. He smiled again. "Really now? " He said looking at me intently. I stuck out my tongue. "Oh come on, don’t tell me you haven’t been thinking about it either. You can’t really say that our last few meetings have been the regular boring type..! " He laughed and stepped closer to me, I was still leaning on the bar. "Okay, true.. you have me there.. " I smirked. He was just about to say something else when the girl came running back. Still smiling in Villes direction. I had to hold back my laughter. "My boss agrees to let you rent it.. it will be 50 euro’s an hour.. It doesn’t get used much.. " She said looking at me. I nodded. "Fair enough.. I’ll take it for three hours every day for the next two weeks. Ville looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Don’t worry millionaire, you’re not the only one with money.. " I said laughing. The girl walked away to get me a receipt.

"So where are you off to now? " Ville said once we walked out again. I shrugged. "Back to the hotel I guess. I’m done practicing for today.. I need to think of my opening moves.. " He looked confused. "It’ll clear up later.. " He nodded. "Do you want some distraction? Maybe you can meet the guys? Than they’ll be a little bit more than just the weirdo’s you met at the airport.. Or rather saw at the airport. They were so rude to not even introduce themselves.. " I chuckled and tapped his temple lightly. "Remember, you didn’t introduce me to them either.. " He scrunched up his face.. "Damn.. strike two.. " He mumbled. I laughed. "Well, will you come? " He asked hopefully. I looked at my watch. 5 o clock. "Fine, but just for an hour or so.. I have some stuff to take care of.. " He jumped. "Good, let’s go.. it’s just around the corner..

"Ville, man! Where the hell did you go to get that bottle, Timbuktu!? " The larger man of the group said snatching it from his hands. I chuckled while Ville sighed. "And here I was hoping they’d behave a little bit more this time.. " A man in the corner chuckled, "Fat chance Valo.. " He rolled his eyes. "Siri, this is Burton. " He said pointing to the guy in the corner. "The fat drunken bastard would be gas, the blonde one is linde and the.. odd one is mige" Mige stood up and pointed at Ville. He obviously had some drinks himself, he was wobbling. "I resent that! I’m just eccentric! " Ville chuckled. I looked at him with raised eyebrows. "Okay, so a little alcohol helps me write, and them play.. " He said shrugging. I laughed. "That’s not a little Ville.. " I said pointing to mige, who was now counting the spots on the ceiling.

"Wow.. that was really good! " I said after the guys had finished the fourth song they’d played me. Ville laughed. "Is that all you can say darling? " I stuck out my tongue at him. "Be nice Valo, I’m stroking YOUR ego here.. " He perked up and smirked. I laughed. "Thought so.. " I mumbled. "Aye Fella’s, I have to go.. I have my own preparations to do.. " I said standing up. They all whined. "But you’re actually fun! " Gas said grinning. I smiled. "Thanks.. I guess.. But I have to go, really. Championships wait for no one.. " They all looked confused, Ville slapped his forehead. "Oh yeah, I knew I forgot to tell them something.. " He said grinning. Linde put his hand on one side of his mouth and talked to me behind it, loudly.. so the hand really didn’t help anything.. "Yeah, he practically told us everything else.. " Ville’s head shot up and turned a little red. I laughed, it looked cute. "Well, I feel flattered, but I really have to go now. Maybe you guys can come watch some time or something? " I said shrugging. Ville smiled a big smile. "We’ll definitely take you up on that offer darling.. " I nodded, a little amazed that they would. "Okay then.. well Ville, you have my number.. " I said walking to the door. He followed me and quickly hugged me when I stepped out. "Jup, and I’m not afraid to use it.. " I rolled my eyes and left laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think :)
-XOXO