Your Secret Admirer

Dream To Make Believe

I thought things would go better in California but it seemed that this was the wrong place to come. I still didn’t make any friends, the locker is being meany to me and I couldn’t find the class for my first English lesson.

I ran down empty corridors, the sound of my shoes tapping on the cold marble floor and my heavy breathing was the only thing that was heard. This school was way too big and just my luck I was lost. I heard a woman’s voice near by coming to my way. I needed to flee but I didn’t know where to go. If I get caught it was be trouble. When I was about to run away from the approaching footsteps, a hand covered my mouth from me screaming with the shock and felt myself be pulled back in a dark room. “Shh…be quiet.” A familiar voice whispered in my ear sending shivers up to my back. I remained silent with tension, having no idea who this person was behind me. After a second, the woman’s voice was heard from behind the door.
“Daniel’s skipping classes again. Yes, I’ll be there soon.”
And after that her footsteps fade away.

I had the slight impression that the person holding my mouth firmly was the same guy I bumped into that morning. What was he doing here in this dark room? I questioned myself, then I caught the slight sent of smoke and I immediately knew why. But smoking? This angel smoked?
My thoughts were interrupted by him when he turned me around and looked up at his face in the dark. He took a step away, couldn’t see well what he was doing until he lit up his lighter and brought it to the cigarette that was now hanging from between his lips.

“You know, it’s forbidden to wander around during classes.” He said before taking a drag from the cig, noticing at how wonderful he looked when the small light hit his face.

I stood still for a moment, staring at the boy as I tried to calm down my heart as it beat fast in my chest again. “Uh, I’m just lost…” I said softly, chewing down on my lip as I lowered my head and coughed, not being used breathing smoked air, though it didn’t bothered me that much.

“New kid, eh?” he replied with a chuckle and shook his head as he leaned back on the wall. “Don’t worry, you’ll get used to it.”

I just nodded, eyes still watching his movements in the dark, glad that the dark could hide my drooling over the boy. I just couldn’t help it. He was way beyond cuteness and hotness and…perfection.

“So, um, do you often sneak around to smoke?” I asked casually, not wanting to be an awkward silence between us, and anyways I was curious why he was here. Though I was slightly disappointed that he smoked. Cigarettes were silent killers and he didn’t want anyone or anything to kill this beautiful angel.

“Yeah, sometimes…” he replied with a shrug, taking another drag and exhaled the smoke as if filled the room.

“Won’t you get in trouble?”

“Not really…My grades are too high for them to complain.”

“So you’re like a genius?”

“Nah, I’m just smart enough to read books.”

I need slowly though said nothing. I couldn’t think of what else to say. My mind was too busy as I imagined what could happen here in this dark closet us two alone and even worrying of getting detention right on my first day of school or worst, expelled!.
I coughed again, now the smell was really irritating me and before I could think twice I bent down over the boy and took the cigarette from his lips making him gasp in shock.
“Gimmie back! It’s the my last one!” He whined as he pushed himself from the wall reaching out for it.

I laughed, keeping it away from his reach. Somehow, I liked teasing him and he was so irresistible when he whined that I was almost going to give it back. Then it was my turn to gasp, as he grabbed my wrist and pushed me against the wall. My heart was caught up in my throat and couldn’t breath at how close the boy was standing, almost pressing his body to mine as he tried to reach the cigarette. I closed my eyes, inhaling his sent with a slight smile playing on my lips before he managed to take the cig from my fingers and pulled away. He looked down at it for a moment, watching as it came to its end then shrugged and dropped it on the floor, pressing his foot down on it and pushed it to the corner.
I placed a hand on my chest and closing my eyes, feeling my heart beating so fast like it was on a race.
After that felt nothing… just calmness… Then I sensed him near me and when I opened my eyes, I felt his strong lips pressing on mine but they didn’t gave off as much warmth as I thought. I closed eyes again with gentleness and smiled in the kiss, wrapping my arms and…

I felt a huge sudden slap on my face and opened my eyes to see a teacher gazing right down at me.