Status: brand new and re-edited!

Vicious Traditions

five.

"How'd that dinner go a few days ago?"
Angelina peeked her head out of her closet while Bianca layed on her stomach across the bed, flipping through a People magazine.
"It was okay. It wasn't as bad as I thought. The boys on their side are pretty cool, but you know; knowing that they're the reason my brother is in prison has been weighing on my brain lately."
Angelina scratched her head, running her fingers through her hair. Bianca looked up at her, and did the same.
"I don't know, Ange. I know it's hard for me to say, since I can't relate, but like your dad said; just relax for the time being, and remember that this is for the best."
Angelina nodded, plopping beside her best friend.
"Were any of them cute?"
Angelina giggled, and layed on her back, looking up at the canopy of her bed. She let out a sigh, and looked to her side to see Bianca waiting impatiently, raising her brows.
"They all were, but there was one in particular. Matt, I think his name was."
Bianca smiled, and looked up in thought, as well.
"Is he a soldier's son?"
Angelina bit her lip, and closed her eyes.
"He's a Sanders. The prince of So. Cal., if you will."
Bianca placed her hands over her mouth, her eyes going wide.
"No way! Ange, are you crazy?!"
Angelina sat up, telling her friend to keep her voice down.
"Bee, I didn't have sex with him. We had dinner, he sat across from me, and he couldn't keep his eyes off of me. He was cute, but like I said, the thoughts of my brother in a jail cell wouldn't leave my head."
Bianca nodded in understanding, patting her best friend on the back.
"Don't worry, man. Just keep your dad's words in your head. You'll be fine. When's the next time you're seeing them?"
"We go over their house on Friday night. It's Wednesday, and I still don't have anything to wear."
"I promise. You'll be fine. You always find something."
Angelina nodded again, running her hands down her face. Bianca then turned to Angelina, a grin on her face.
"What?"
Bianca paused, making Angelina start to giggle.
"So...they were all cute?"

Matt and his friends sat on the shore of beach, the water crashing down. Jimmy and Johnny were wrestling in the water, laughing and screaming their heads off. Brian, Zacky, and Matt were sitting in the sand, laughing at their crazy friends and the looks on the other locals’ faces.
“So, Friday, huh?”
Matt and Brian looked at Zacky and nodded. He looked Matt as the prince of So. Cal. had his arms resting on his knees, looking out into the water.
“So, Shads, how long do you think it’ll take you to fuck the girl?”
Matt looked at Zacky, and smiled. He shook his head, rubbing the back of his neck, meaning he was thinking.
“Fuck off, man.”
Brian chuckled from the middle of the two, taking a sip from his beer bottle.
“Come on, man. You’ve seen the girl! She’s a fuckin’ fox!”
Matt nodded in agreement, taking a beer out of the cooler for himself just as Johnny landed face first in to an incoming wave.
“So, you should do something about it on Friday.”
Matt shook his head, Brian agreeing with Zack.
“It’s a lot fucking harder than you guys think. What I know about her family and the shit they’ve done holds me back from even looking at her. But, who the fuck cares, man? I don’t. I’m just going to do what I have to do and when this stupid fucking wedding is over, then I don’t have to deal with this bullshit anymore.”
“But, what do you have to do?”
Matt looked at Brian, then out to the water.
“I have to go home, because I’m fucking tired.”
Zacky and Brian protested, but Matt held his hand up.
“Guys, I’m wiped out. My mind is all over the place and I just wanna go home and crash.”
Matt said goodbye to his friends, yelled to Jimmy and Johnny that he was leaving, and drove the ten minute drive to his house.
“You’re home early, Matthew.”
Matt looked and saw his mother sitting on the couch in the living room, reading a book with the evening news on.
“Yeah, Ma. Just tired. I’m gonna go to bed.”
Before Matt got up the stairs, his mother stood up.
“Matthew, wait. Come here for a second, hun.”
Matt stopped in his tracks and rolled his eyes, knowing what she was going to say. He stood in front of her, hands in his pockets and chewing on his lip ring.
“Your father and I are just concerned. We know how you feel about all of this, and we’re sorry.”
Matt nodded, his eyes glancing at the floor, still toying with his lip ring.
“Okay.”
The boredom and annoyance in his voice made his mother sigh.
“Matthew, please. “
“No, Mom. Do you realize what this is doing to me? You say that you and Dad are sorry and wish I felt better about this, but you know what? This is starting to drive me up a fucking wall! Why am I the only one who realizes how fucking stupid this is?!”
“Hey!”
Matt turned and saw his father just walking in the door. Mr. Sanders stalked towards his son, and grabbed him roughly by the arm.
“Matt, we understand how you feel right now, but if you talk to your mother like that again, I will make sure that the rest of your stay under my roof will be a living Hell. Do you understand me?”
Matt kept his eye contact with his father for a few seconds, and then yanked his arm away. He glanced at his mother, whom was looking back and forth between the two.
“If you pull this little act on Friday, the same consequences will occur. You think this is easy for us? To welcome these people into our home after we all know what they did? Be mature, Matthew. If you were smart, which I know you are, you are going to smile, shake hands, and control your temper. “
Matt heard the venom in his father’s words, and bit his lip, trying not to fire back. He knew if he did, his father would follow through with his threat. All he could do was go up the stairs and slam his bedroom door. He walked over to his sticker covered stereo and blasted Slayer through the speakers. He walked to his bathroom, door open so he could hear the mind numbing music, and took his clothes off to shower.
When he was through, he looked at himself in the mirror. He placed one hand on the sink, and ran the other over his short hair. Taking deep breathes and trying to control his temper, Matt stared back into his hazel eyes. He pictured Angelina descending down the stairs in her tight black dress, her blonde hair resting poetically on her shoulders. He saw her sitting across the dinner table from him and his friends, showing off her beautiful smile and her soft voice. He remembered how her personality and body sparkled throughout the room, when he felt that he was the only one who could see her.
He palmed his forehead, calling himself stupid. Friday was two days, so he had to get his act together. He could handle the enemies coming over, but once Angelina walked into the room, he had no confidence. He felt inadequate compared to his family. He knew they could easily hold a conversation with the Romano’s and think nothing of it. However, Matt could try to talk to Angelina, but felt like a jerk off for betraying his Uncle in such a way. Forgetting about what that family did just for a fucking girl.
Matt took a deep breath and turned the bathroom light out. He slipped a pair of boxers onto his body, turned his stereo off and layed across his bed. He stared at the ceiling for what seemed like hours, but had to have been a few moments.
“She’s a girl. Just a girl. Get a fucking grip, Sanders.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:)