Roof-Top Romance

DONUT FIGHT!

I woke up by myself. It felt like we were driving, so I figured we were on the move again. I got up and went to the bathroom. I gave myself a once over in the mirror and shook my hair out a bit. I headed up to the front where everyone else was. They were all sitting at the table except for Bob. He was driving today.

“Good morning,” I said in a yawn
“Hey, it’s alive,” Gerard said to me.
“Ha ha, very funny. I slept so good last night. What time did all of you get up?”
“I think all of us were awake by 7:30.” Mikey said.
“Not by choice!” Frank said.
“What? I didn’t make you get up.”
“That was some cold ass water. Yeah I was getting up.”
He threw a doughnut at Mikey. He tried to block it, but it hit him on the shoulder. Everyone laughed at him.
“What, did he throw water on you Frank?” I asked him.
“Yeah, that shit was like ice! I was having a good dream you bastard!” Frank yelled at him.
Mikey sat back and laughed at him.
“It’s so funny to watch you guys mess with each other.”
“Funny? Yeah... I’ll throw cold water on you tomorrow. See how funny it is then.” Frank said to me.
“No you won’t, I’ll get you first.” I fired back.
“No way. I’ll get you!”
“Nuh-uh!”
“Okay, no cold water.” Gerard said to us.
“No wait, Frank and I are going to get you Gerard!” I said deviously.
Gerard laughed. "You would throw water on me? I doubt it."
“Nah I probably wouldn’t really do it," I told him.
“Maybe you won’t, but I will!” Frank said.
“Don’t,” Gerard said to him.
“Well why wait for morning? I’ll do it now.”
He ran to the sink and got a bowl of freezing cold water and went right up to Gerard.
“Dude, don’t do it, I’m serious.” Gerard said to him.
“What, are you gonna melt? Here you go. Cold shower!” He said as he dumped the water on Gerard’s head.
Gerard sat for a second as the water ran down his face. He had one of those evil smiles like, ‘I’m gonna kill you’. Then he tackled Frank to the ground. Mikey and I were pretty much rolling on the floor laughing.
“Don’t laugh, you’re going down too!” Gerard yelled to me. He grabbed me and threw me down on top of Frank. I just laid there and laughed. He laughed right along with me. It was rather funny. Frank didn't find it so funny though. I'm more of the heavy type of body and Frank is much smaller than me. I think I hurt him a little.

“Holy hell, you guys are all morning people.” Ray said as he walked to where everyone was at. Right as he finished that sentence, Mikey chucked a doughnut at him. Ray had no idea it was coming. He had just woken up and was pretty disoriented. When the donut hit him, he jumped back. It caught him right above the ear. I don't think he really realized what it was at first. Gerard was laughing really hard. It was definitely the hardest he'd laughed in a long time.

“Okay guys, calm down for a second. I have to call my mom," I told them. “Hi mom,” I said.
“Hi honey. Did you sleep well? Are you okay?” She asked me.
“Yeah, I just got up a couple minutes ago. I slept on the couch. We’re on the road now and Gerard and I were talking last night... this is something that me, you, and dad will have to discuss, but... Gerard mentioned putting me in the band.”
Her mom was quiet for a second.
“Well Elena, I don’t know. What would you be doing?”
“I would be singing with Gerard.”
“I see. Well, that is a really big decision. Is this something you would want to do? Cause there is no turning back once you say yes.”
“I know and I think that it would be really cool and it’s something that I really want to do. You know how much I love their music. Will you please let me do it?”
“I will talk to your father about it. So when will you be home?”
“Well, due to the recent events they won't be playing until tonight. So I won’t be home until tomorrow.”
“Elena, you told me tonight.”
“I’m sorry! I didn’t know it was going to get postponed!”
“I am not happy about this at all! But there is nothing I can do. Call me later or after the show or something. I’ll call your dad in an hour or so.”
“Okay and everyone says hi,” “Say hi guys!” (I whispered to them.)
“Hey Jeni,” They yell to her.
“That was cute. Okay, well I’ll talk to you later sweetie. I love you, bye!” She said and we hung up.

“Okay so yeah, I told my mom that I’ll be home in the morning. Is that okay?” I asked.
“Ask Bob, he’s the one driving.” Mikey said.
“Hey Bob...”
“Yes you will be home by morning I promise.” Bob told me.
“Okay,” I chuckled. “Thank you.” “Wow that was easy and tomorrow is my birthday. Coolness.”
“Is it really? Well let’s pretend today is since we won’t exactly be with you tomorrow.” Gerard said to me.
“What, you guys don’t want to come to my party? Gerard I emailed you back asking if you guys wanted to go.”
“Oh, well I haven’t checked it since I wrote you back I’m sorry.” Gerard told me. “Do you guys want to go to the party?” He asked everyone.
“Will there be cake?” Mikey asked.
“Of course," I told him.
“Hell yeah, I’m in!”
Everyone laughed.
“Just so you guys know, there is a hotel right by my house, so you can stay there if you don’t want to sleep on the bus. Or maybe you could just stay at my house.” I told them.
“That works,” Gerard said to me. “We’ll see what’s going on to find out where we’ll stay."
“Well what do you want to do today? Wait, what state are we in?”
“Well, we’re almost to New Orleans, but if you have to be home by morning, then we might not be able to go.” Ray said.
“Oh, I’m sorry. Do you guys want me to call my mom and see if I can stay longer?”
“No it’s okay we’ll just keep driving tonight... no stopping.” Gerard said to her. “In fact, I’ll drive it.”
“That is really nice of you.”
“For you it’s worth it. I love every minute I have spent with you and I think everyone else feels the same. You’re so cool to hang out with. Not many fans are like this. They are all crazy and stare at us and take a million pictures; and its not that we don't like it, it’s just that hanging out with someone and them treating us like we’re normal is nice.”
“To me you are normal people. Yeah you are rock stars and famous and all that jazz, but you have a heart and a sense of humor. To me, that’s normal and to me all of you are normal.”

They all got up and gave me a big group hug. I pretty much felt special because I was able to be honest with them and Gerard was pretty honest with me. He actually enjoyed my company. I never knew this day would come when I would be able to sit down with my favorite band and just chill. They don't talk to me like I'm an obsessive fan, and I don't talk to them like I'm jealous that the ground touches them. They are just amazing to be with. But of course during another wonderful moment, something has to distract it.