Sequel: Love Spells Magic

The Closest Thing We Have To Magic

Did you hear?

My eyes eyed the delicious looking food in front of me. Blueberry muffins, glazed donuts, chocolate chip bagels, French toast, and strawberry waffles were lined up neatly behind the glass. The most unhealthy foods but were oh so good. I licked my lips hungrily as my stomach grumbled at the sight of the food. Taking a few minutes, I decided on having the sugary glazed donut for my breakfast. I set it on my tray and slit it against the metal before grabbing a bottle of water and some napkins.

Walking over to an empty table, I sat down in the cold metal chair before I took my phone out of my pocket. My teeth sank into the soft donut as I took a bite. My fingers pressed various buttons to turn my fully charged phone on. Two new messages popped up on the screen. Wiping my hands on a napkin, I opened the messages. Two messages from Mr.Rockstar I smiled as soon as I recognized the name of who sent me the messages.

Good morning lovely. 8:09a.m

I opened the next message. Can you come over tonight? Demi, Roshan, Meghan, and Alyson are coming over to practice the finale with us. 8:11am

Kishaya had told the dancers yesterday that the main cast was having a difficult time memorizing the choreography for the finale. She wasn’t kidding, if their actually planning to practice outside of rehearsals I thought. I held down the number 9 on my keypad which had been assigned to Nick and let the phone ring.

I was taking another bite out of my donut when Nick’s sweet voice filled the air. “Hello?”

I quickly swallowed the food. “Hey Nick. Good morning.”

His voice perked up. “Good morning Cady. Did you get my texts?”

I nodded my head then remembered that he couldn’t see me. “I did. I’ll come over tonight. Is it okay if I bring Shay? We could help you guys with some of the dance moves.” I offered.

“Yeah that’s cool. We need all the help we can get. It’s not like the choreography is hard, it’s just difficult to put together.”

“That’s where the dancers come in. Don’t worry, we’ll make you look professional.”

Nick chuckled. “I’m holding you to that. We’re as bad as anyone can get. Kishaya and Laura are becoming incredibly frustrated with us.”

“That bad, huh?” I picked up my tray and set it above the trash can and took a drink from my water bottle. With the bottle still in my hand, I started walking out of the mess hall and towards the dance studio.

“You have no idea. So what are you up to?”

“Walking to rehearsal. We have it till about five today with lunch in between. You?”
“We’re filming today. Both Kevin and Joe are reviewing their lines. I’m supposed to be with them right now.”

“Oh sorry. I’ll let you go rehearse with them.” I apologized.

“No it’s okay. I’d rather talk to you.” He replied sweetly.

I giggled at that comment. He sounded so innocent but it was incredibly sweet at the same time. “Thank you. But I have to go anyway. I’m at the studio.” I leaned against the side of the cabin to finish up my phone call. Peeking inside the window, I could see most of the dancers warming up.

Nick sighed. “Okay. I’ll go rehearse with my extremely boring brothers.” Exclaims of protest was heard in the background from Kevin and Joe both claiming they were ‘cool’ brothers.

He scoffed. “Yeah whatever.” His attention diverted back to me as he finished insulting his brothers. “I’ll see you tonight then? Around seven?”

“I’m not sure, let me check my schedule” I teased. I paused for a moment. “It’s all clear. Tonight at seven Rockstar.”

Nick’s laughter echoed in my ear once I was done with my little acting. “Bye Cady. See you tonight.”

“Bye Nick.” I hung up the phone and shut it loudly. Turning around I entered the dance studio and took my place next to Shay whom was already talking to Alexia. She threw me a ‘hey’ and went back to her previous conversation.

As I was warming up, I let my thoughts drift. It had been almost 3 weeks since Nick and I had started dating. We got along with each other and were happy. Nick was an amazing and a charming boyfriend. He was always there for me and made sure I was content. Phone conversations and various times hanging out was our definition of dating. Our choices were fairly limited being confined to the set locations. But we made the best out of it. And his hugs and kisses. They were marvelous and stunning. His kisses pulled me into this fantasy land where I would be flying nonstop and would end up becoming insanely dizzy. They left me out of breath and made me crave for more. His lips were so soft and gentle and convinced me he would never in his sane mind hurt me. All in all, Nick Jonas was definitely living up to his standards of being quite the lovable boyfriend.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fog covered my mirrors from the previous shower I had taken. Taking a towel I wiped the mirror clean to see the final verdict on my appearance. Since I knew I was going to most likely be dancing tonight, I threw on some black comfortable sweat pants and a hot pink lace cami. I took Nick’s jacket he had given the night we shared our first kiss on the dock and covered myself in it. My arms were too short to make its way through the huge arm sleeves. My hair was up into a simple ponytail with my bangs swept across my forehead.

With my cell phone in my pocket, my hot pink converse on, I shut the door and started my way to the Jonas’ cabin. Shay was arriving there a little later after she came back from eating a quick dinner at the mess hall. Through the stinging cold I sprinted down the trail and arrived at the cabin. My shoes tapped impatiently while I was trying to hug myself warm from the nippiness of the air.
The door opened but I couldn’t see who was at the entrance. My eyes shifted down to see Frankie Jonas with a wide grin on my face.

“Hi Cady! I didn’t know you were coming tonight.” Frankie bounced on his toes from excitement.

I stepped inside the house while he closed the door. My face copied the grin on Frankie’s face. “Well here I am. Nick said they need help with the dance finale.”

Frankie frowned. “Well it’s a good thing you came. They’re not very good.”

I looked at him amused. “Not very good?” Apparently Nick wasn’t the only one who thought they weren’t dancing well in the finale.

He shrugged. “I mean their okay. They keep messing up though.” Frankie started leading me towards the living room. The sound of the music could be faintly heard now and grew increasingly louder as I walked closer to the source.

A CD player was set up on one side of the room while Nick, Alyson, Demi, Meghan, Joe, Kevin and Roshan stood in their respective positions for the dance. Filming for the movie had already started but the finale and many other scenes had yet to still be completed. The director predicted it would take about one and half to two months to finish filming the movie.

I dropped my phone on the couch and greeted them. “Hey guys.”

Nick moved from where he was previously standing and walked over to me. He had a smile on his face as he gave me a hug. Wrapping my arms around his waist, I set my chin on his shoulder. Pulling away he smirked when he saw what I was wearing. “Is that my jacket?”

I smiled playfully. “Maybe.” Moving away from him I walked over to the others. “How’s the dance coming along?”

Demi groaned. “Terrible. We can’t seem to put the steps together.”

For the next half an hour I went over the dance with them. We continuously replayed the song over and over again trying to memorize the sequence of the steps. Kishaya had made the finale dance a little more challenging than any of the other dances but in the end it would hopefully come out amazing. Twirling kept making me dizzy as I danced the same sequence repeatedly. The muscles in my legs were still sore from the rehearsal today as I kept doing the difficult steps. As I was dancing it was starting to become a little hot with Nick’s jacket, so I stripped down to just my cami.

Finally Joe was the first one to break down. He collapsed on the couch and closed his eyes. “I can’t do this anymore. It’s too hard. We have to take a break.”

I wasn’t able to resist with his comment. “That’s what she said.” Laughter erupted in the room and I ran to stand behind Nick so Joe wouldn’t attack me. He was glaring at me but his eyes were soft and pleasant.

“Very mature Cady.” Joe teased.

I shrugged. “You’re one to talk. I’m 15, what can you expect?” By now everybody was sitting down on the couches taking a breather. Nick sat down next to me and put his arm around me. I snuggled into him and got comfortable. Chatter evolved within the next few minutes talking mindlessly about nothing.

Omg did you hear I'm dating a Jonas Brother?
Its sooooo hot!


Alyson and Meghan started giggling as my ringtone started blasting. Nick turned his head towards and me and raised his eyebrows. “That’s your ringtone?”

I rolled my eyes. “Shut up.” Opening my phone I got up and walked to the kitchen nearby. Resting my arms on the island, I answered the phone. “Hello?”

“Hey Cady. It’s Cory.”

A smile was plastered on my face. “Cory! I haven’t talked to you in forever. How are you?”

“I’m good. How’s Canada?”

“Fun. It’s so cold up here though.” And from there our conversation started. An old time friend from grade school, Cory was one of my best friend’s. He was someone I could talk to about anything and I knew he would listen. He had been there for me during my fainting spells when I was younger to me landing the role in the movie. A couple minutes later, I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist. Nick mimicked what I had done earlier and rested his chin on my shoulder. He tilted his head so he could hear my phone.

“You thought London was in Paris?” Cory asked in disbelief. “Where do you come up with that? They’re both separate capitals in two completely different countries.”

I laughed. “I’m horrible in geography and history! You know that.”

In my mind I could imagine Cory shaking his head. “I love you Cady.” Nick’s arms immediately tensed up and he lifted his head. “You make my day. When you’re coming home I think you should put blonde highlight’s in your hair.”

I shook my head. “Thanks Cory. I feel the love.”

Cory chuckled. “You’re welcome. Listen I have to go now. I’m volunteering at church tonight. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Thanks for calling. Bye Cory” With that, I snapped my phone and turned around to Nick.

“Sorry I was on the phone for so lo-”

“Who was that?” He asked sharply. Nick’s delightful attitude from earlier seemed to be gone.

My eyes became confused. “Cory. He’s a friend from school. Why?”

“A guy friend has the right to say ‘I love you?’ How close are you to him?” Nick demanded. Anger growing more and more visible on his face as each second passed. His arms dropped from my side and into his pockets.

Millions of thoughts were running inside my head. Where was this coming from? What happened to the sweet conversation we had this morning? Everything had been going fine for the last few weeks. Somehow I should have known it wouldn’t have been like this forever. We were bound to come to a disagreement. But over something so stupid like this? The way he was acting baffled me. I was starting to become annoyed with Nick doubting me.

“He’s just a friend” I stressed. I hoped the amount of annoyance I was feeling was appearing on my face. “A friend from school. Nothing more and nothing less.” Crossing my arms against my chest, my body formed into the valley girl stance.

“Then why is he saying ‘I love you’ to you?” Nick snapped, his voice rising higher. My eyes darted to the living room where some heads were turned to us cautiously. Conversation was slowly dying down as we kept arguing.

I scowled. “Because that’s what friends do! It’s just the way my friends are to each other. I’m sorry if you can’t accept that.”

Nick raised his arms and threw them back down. “I’m accepting the fact he said ‘I love you’!”

“And what’s the matter with that? Am I not allowed to be friends with guys?” By now I was yelling and Nick and I were the only ones who were speaking as everybody watched the scene unfold. “Whatever. I’m out of here.”

Snatching my cell phone from the counter, I stormed to the front door. I started reaching for the doorknob when it flung out in front of me. Shay’s face appeared as she came into the cabin.

“Hey Cady! Sorry I’m so la-” She squinted her eyes on my face. “What’s wrong?”

Without even turning around I answered her. “Ask him.

Pushing my body past her I ran down the trail back to my cabin. My legs picked up its pace as I ran farther and farther away from the Jonas’ cabin. My mind raced much faster than my legs were going. Nick was being incredibly stupid. Sure, Cory said ‘I love you’ to me, but it didn’t mean anything. He’s been one of my best friends for so long that it felt normal. Breathing became more difficult as I kept running. I slowed down my pace to a walk. Running had calmed me down and my mind was thinking things through. In Nick’s defense, his girlfriend’s guy friend saying ‘I love you’ did seem strange and suspicious. But he had nothing to worry about! Cory and I did not have the ‘friend’s with benefit’s’ relationship between us at all. Nick had known for me almost a month and half now, and about four of those weeks we have been in a relationship. He should be able to trust me by now. Irritation started growing inside me again as I kept going in circles about the argument in my head. Frustrated, I started running again back to my cabin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Some drama :)
And yes, one of my friends seriously thought London was the capital of Paris.
Leave some love, or in this case, hate. XD
Except more updates, it's finally winter break! No school for two weeks!
Happy Holidays!
Love,
Kodhai <3
Random Note: I finally finshed my xmas shopping and I'm BROKE. I think I used up my allowance for the next two months. Ugh.