Sequel: Love Spells Magic

The Closest Thing We Have To Magic

Poned

Collapsing onto my bed, I wondered what species Kishaya was. She really knew how to completely wear somebody out. Grabbing a pair of basketball shorts and a cami, I went into the shower to take a long, hot and deserved shower. Coming out twenty minutes later, I sat down on my bed to dry my hair. Grabbing a towel, I took my hair in between and started to rub furiously. With nothing to do, my eyes wandered around the room taking everything in. My eyes landed on my sidekick on my bed. 1 missed call.

Opening the phone it read: 1 missed call from 529-6851 at 9:52pm. Frowning, I racked my brain trying remember if it was a number I should know. Shrugging my shoulders, I assumed that if it was important the person would call me back.

Laying down on my bed, I reflected on the day. It had been tiring and long day. My arm was still a little sore from the bee sting. Smiling, I thought back to the previous hours. Kevin and Nick had been really nice to me, and I was grateful for that. I could just imagine what my best friend Caitlin would say when I told her. Starting to get a little homesick, I turned my ipod on and closed my eyes and went to sleep.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Shay there's no way on earth I'm doing that” I said firmly.

“Come on Cady! You won't regret it!” Shay argued.

Looking at us from a distance anybody would think we were crazy. Standing in shorts and a tank on the dock that was near the lake, we were arguing with each other.

It was late at night, around 8 oclock, and we were walking back to our cabins after eating a late dinner at the mess hall. Shay had practically dragged me to the dock and was trying to convince me to jump in the lake with her. The freezing, cold lake.

Someone had recently put up a sign that said No Swimming. What does Shay decide to do? Go swimming. Why do people put up signs when it only provokes people to do the opposite of what it says? I mean its logic. Rules are there to break. From birth, I was known for always breaking the rules. But I was not willing to break this one if it mean I had to jump in a freezing, bitter cold lake.

“No way on this earth Shaylyn”.

“Live a little Cady!”

“Shay. By not jumping into that freezing lake, I'm living. But you're more than welcome to jump in and get pneumonia”. She just rolled her eyes in response.

“Please please please please!” Shay practically begged.

“Did you not hear me the first time? I am not going to jump into the la-”

Suddenly a pair of hands made contact on my lower back and I was gently pushed forward. Before I knew it both Shay and I went in head first into the freezing lake. Under the lake, my skin made contact with the icy water and my clothes were sticking to my skin. Opening my eyes I used my arms to push my body to the surface. What the hell?!? Gasping for air I did a 360 degree spin looking for Shay. She was on my left looking at the dock. Only then did I hear the loud laughter coming from the dock. We both swam to the dock and looked up to see Roshan and Nick not able to stop themselves from laughing at our misery.

Still in the water, Shay and I rested our arms on the dock. “Someone care to explain why we're in the water?” I asked tilting my head to a side.
After a few seconds of more laughing, Roshan said “We couldn't resist. You guys looked so funny arguing. We had to push you in.”

“Really?” was all I asked trying to sound innocent. Raising my eyebrows I looked over at Shay. She got the hint and at the same time I grabbed Nick's ankles while she grabbed Roshan's and pulled them towards us. I really wished someone had caught them on camera because when they came back from under the water their faces were priceless. Smirking, I slowly moved towards Nick and stood right in front of him. Putting my hands on his shoulders and moving my face close to his I said:

“You just got poned Nick J.” Giving one last final smirk, I turned around and pulled my self onto the dock.

“That was so not cool Cady” Nick said pouting.

“Its called revenge Nicholas” I simply said.

“Oh so now I get the full name treatment” Nick said pulling himself out of the lake.

I was about to answer him, but Roshan started talking before I could.

“We are going to be in so much trouble for being so soaked. We have to be on set in 5 minutes.”, was all he said.

“You guys have to go film right now?” Shay said her eyes widening. She was starting to regret pulling them in, but I wasn't. They pushed us in, so they had every reason to be wet also.

“Yeah we were on our way to set when we saw you guys” Nick said. He was trying to make us feel guilty, but it wasn't working. At least not on me.

“It doesn't matter. Let's just get there before John finds another reason to be mad at us.” Roshan said. Both boys shook their heads trying to get the water out, but failed to do so. They looked incredibly cute doing that. Not that I cared or anything.

“You guys want to come watch us?” Nick said looking at us pulling me back to reality.

“You're not mad that we pushed you in?” Shay said confused.

“Oh we're definitely mad about that. We'll get you guys back later” Nick said grinning.

I smirked. “You're dealing with one of the biggest prankster's Nicholas. You've got yourself hell coming your way if you challenge me and Shay.”

Giving me an equal smirk all Nick said was “You're on Cady.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I kinda like this chapter. What do you think??

I attempted to make a banner, but it didn't come out to well. :D So I might have one for the next chapter, we'll see.

Thanks for the comments and subscriptions!

Love,
Kodhai